PDA

View Full Version : Allocation lingo (100%)

CPT_Shane
10-25-2005, 06:24 AM
I just wanted to clarify that when tsptalk states he is currently 30% C, 30% S, and 30% I funds...that he has allocatedhis balance AND allotment to reflect both? Or just his allotment?Just making sure.Thanks a lot.

CPT Shane

(coming to you live from the border of Iraq and Kuwait)

mlk_man
10-25-2005, 06:45 AM
Hello CPT_Shane, welcome!

I don't wanna speak for Tom, but I'm pretty sure he's just talking about his balance and not his current allotment or contributions.

We all have different strategies for our contributions. Mine is to just put into the G fund so that's it safe and then move it around later as I see fit. This way I don't have to worry about the current market being down and losing money right off the bat. If your contributions were going into stocks this month, you'd of lost money up until last Friday.

Good luck to you and stay safe. I just saw the Iraqi constitution got ratified. I hope this is a good thing.

M_M

Show-me
10-25-2005, 06:56 AM
I can't speak for TSPTalk but I have all my contributions from payroll deduction are going to the G fund and then I move my account balance accordingly. I currently am 100% I fund but my contributions are always going to G. If you are a “buy and hold” type, setting you contributions the same as your account balance is a good “dollar cost average” method. Set it and forget it!

:^

Show-me
10-25-2005, 06:57 AM
Jinks! You owe me a Coke MilkMan! LOL

mlk_man
10-25-2005, 07:06 AM
I would, but I had to give it to someone else. :P