PDA

View Full Version : CSB

primordiall
05-28-2004, 07:34 AM
im starting this topic to make a good decision about receiving the CSB can i roll it over into tsp with out being taxed or should i put it in something else, point being i want it to work hard for me. The alternative is not receive it at all, i could use some advice from anyone.

Rolo
05-28-2004, 08:10 AM
CSB? As in the CSB/REDUX option vs. High-3?

Rolo
05-29-2004, 11:25 AM
It didn't occur to me that you may have already taken the CSB. Have you made the decision yet?

If you have, then we can help you strategise. If you have not, then we can help you run the numbers so you can make the best decision. I exhausted researching it just to try to make sense of the insanity of it; I found no way (including illegal/impossible scenarios) to work it to any advantage.

To answer your question, if it is treated as pay that falls under the TSP definition of incentive/bonus/etc. payyou can roll it into the TSP, up to the IRS limit ($11.5K?). Verify that with at least two different sources. If you still need help, I can look into it as well.

Rolo
07-07-2004, 02:52 PM
PING: primordiall, you still around?

Chillphill
10-01-2004, 01:32 AM
I assuming your saying it isn't worth dong the CSB because, taking this out and the loss of retirement pay after 20 years over the interest that you can posibly make. I would of though that the lost of a few percent in the retirement, expecially for enlisted personel, over the gain in intrest made in maybe a small cap fund, could help you gain signifacantly, I don't know. You said you worked the numbers. Is this what you found?

Thank you,