View Full Version : New Commentary

coolhand
09-22-2005, 04:23 AM
http://tinyurl.com/97o4a

Cool! :)

tsptalk
09-23-2005, 09:18 PM
From that article:
"You have to stay in motion and move quickly," DePorre said. "When things get dangerous and you've had your fill, move on quickly. Active investment is safer than the more conservative long-term, buy-and-hold." - RevShark

I have known RevSharkfrom when weposted in the old AOL investmentchat rooms ten years ago. I don't remember exactly, but this may be where I developed my current approach to investing. I believe that statement in bold to be true.

Tom

mlk_man
09-23-2005, 09:46 PM
I agree also Tom. Even though some of us aren't having great returns so far this year, it's not like the market is running away from us. If this site was here in 2000 thru 2002, I'm sure you'd have lot's of kids and grandkids named after you.

TSPTom Smith
TSPTomara Smith

Kinda catchy! :^

Sr
09-24-2005, 06:28 PM
mlk_man wrote:
I agree also Tom. Even though some of us aren't having great returns so far this year, it's not like the market is running away from us. If this site was here in 2000 thru 2002, I'm sure you'd have lot's of kids and grandkids named after you.

TSPTom Smith
TSPTomara Smith

Kinda catchy! :^
Some of us not having great return is because:

a. Action is outside the US mkt and in sectors where TSP has no meaningful exposure such as gold, real estate, emerging mkts etc.

b. US stock mkt is made up of small, mid and large caps. This year both small and large caps are not doing as great as mid caps. Now if there was a TSP index fund for mid caps, things would be more fun.

Timing the Market basedon S&P charts on a daily basis somehow does not capture the momentum plays out there in the rest of the mkt.. Sort of playing with one hand tied behind your back.

mlk_man
09-24-2005, 11:09 PM
I agree Sr. I was talking about TSP though. If I could make with my TSP what I make with my IRA's, I'd put more than 5% in it.

Energy has been good to me most of this year and gold lately. Concrete may be the way to go for next 6-9 months.

tsptalk
09-24-2005, 11:23 PM
mlk_man wrote:

Yeah. I'm hoping the next bull markets, and bear markets for that matter, will be easier than these choppy years we've had in 2004 and 2005.

mlk_man
09-24-2005, 11:47 PM
tsptalk wrote:

mlk_man wrote:

Yeah. I'm hoping the next bull markets, and bear markets for that matter, will be easier than these choppy years we've had in 2004 and 2005.

Me too, but would they be as entertaining? :P