PDA

View Full Version : Ornery Weather

grandma
09-20-2005, 11:13 PM
We have several members in Puerto Rico, and, the Florida Keys areas- I pray everyone is safe, and their possessions, too.

mlk_man
09-21-2005, 07:00 AM
Rita was just upgraded to a category 4.................:(

Glad my folks live on a mountain in Texas.................my brother is a little worried about his trailer though................:shock:

grandma
09-22-2005, 11:19 PM
Tekno, when Katrina went thru, you mentioned that the Brits seemed to have more accurate charting of the landfall. Am I reading this page right, that they have a probable of just west of the TX-LA line state line? - that was 0800 this morning, tho - 9/22 Thursday

http://tinyurl.com/b2x63

grandma
09-23-2005, 10:39 AM
grandma wrote:
...that was 0800 this morning, tho - 9/22 Thursday

http://tinyurl.com/b2x63

The map updates, so is now showing the most recent track traveled. AND I meant to say `east of the Tx-La line', not west.

I don't understand those horizontal lines signify, tho.

grandma
10-23-2005, 04:00 PM
Where is Coolhand? Did he get in trouble with a previous hurricane?? He's not beenin for several weeks. You other Floridians, watch yourselves carefully!!! Protect those New Patio screens!!! I guess Alpha is going to get my friends in the Dom Republic - waht about you, PuertoRico? ...and there are some other posters down there, too, I recall....

coolhand
10-23-2005, 04:55 PM
grandma wrote:
Where is Coolhand? Did he get in trouble with a previous hurricane?? He's not beenin for several weeks. You other Floridians, watch yourselves carefully!!! Protect those New Patio screens!!! I guess Alpha is going to get my friends in the Dom Republic - waht about you, PuertoRico? ...and there are some other posters down there, too, I recall....
Hello Grandma, I'm still here ;)...just been lurking for awhile. Converted my back porch to a sunroom recently. Rated for 130mph. That's more than my house! Gonna test it soon...:shock:.