PDA

View Full Version : Tracking TSP performance

ckyer
03-05-2004, 07:09 AM
I'd like to hear how others are tracking TSP performance since we went to share based funds. I've been using Quicken and set up TSP as a IRA type account with C, G, I, S, and F funds designated as securites. Each time I ask for an interfund transfer, I execute a sale, of say G shares, in the quicken TSP account to buy shares of another security, such as C. That sounds easy but with the number of interfund transfers we're doing lately, all the buy and sell transactions can get tedious and complicated.

Is anyone using anything that works better than a Quicken account?

By the way, my compliments to the owner of TSPTalk! We've needed something like this for a long time! Thanks for the huge amount of time you devote to this. Your knowledge about the markets is really impressive.

tsptalk
03-05-2004, 10:38 AM
Hi ckyer -

I use Excel. My blank spreadsheet is on www.tsptalk.com/utilities.html (http://www.tsptalk.com/utilities.html)but it may be more meaningful to see my current one as you will see the transactions. Email me if you want a copy of it.

I don't know if it's better than quicken but it only takes me a minute or so to update it when I make a transfer or enter the curent share prices.

Tom