PDA

View Full Version : Ask Tom: TSP Returns Calculator

JTH
08-06-2014, 06:37 PM
Tom

I still use the TSP Returns Calculator, it's the best thing since sliced bread, I actually input share prices every day, what I don't understand is how the share prices automatically populate to the rows below which have not yet been used?

tsptalk
08-06-2014, 11:00 PM
You just set it to = the value of the cell above.

In the example above, row #153 G fund price = the value in row #152 above it. Then the next row does the same thing. Row #154 = the value in row 143.
Assuming 152 is in Column A, the date is column B, and the G fund price is column C:

The formula in C153 is "=c152"
The formula in C154 is "=c153"
etc.

I hope that makes sense.

The way it is set up, you only have to create a new row when you change allocation, entering the day's share price in the current line until you make an IFT. But the way you do it works too. Just a lot more rows.

JTH
08-07-2014, 09:29 AM
You just set it to = the value of the cell above.

In the example above, row #153 G fund price = the value in row #152 above it. Then the next row does the same thing. Row #154 = the value in row 143.
Assuming 152 is in Column A, the date is column B, and the G fund price is column C:

The formula in C153 is "=c152"
The formula in C154 is "=c153"
etc.

I hope that makes sense.

The way it is set up, you only have to create a new row when you change allocation, entering the day's share price in the current line until you make an IFT. But the way you do it works too. Just a lot more rows.

Thanks Tom, it was more simple than I thought it would be, I must have been overthinking it :cheesy: