PDA

View Full Version : KATRINA

grandma
09-07-2005, 09:55 AM
ACLU & others of the same bend have worked very hard to make we American people believers in the lobbyist-coined phrase back in the 60's `separation of church & state.' FEMA, Red Cross, are apparently putting them first. And rightly so, ACLU would sue them in a minute if they offered any `aid & comfort' to survivors holed up in church buildings - in spite of FEMA & Red Cross asking the the churches to do just that!!

http://www.frc.org/get.cfm?i=WU05I03&f=PG03I03

rokid
09-07-2005, 06:02 PM
:dah::%:l:dah::D:D:D:dah::dah::dah::dah::*

Spaf
09-07-2005, 07:31 PM
Grandma,

I saw yesterday on the news, think it was in Mississipppi, where local town folks were gathering around the local church sort of surviving on their own and some outside efforts. They said they hadn't heard from FEMA.

I feel that church and state should be seperate. Sometimes there is a fine line. Your link to the church group implies that FEMA won't work with some churches because:

"they are offering no support to these churches because of their general reluctance to work with "uncertified" faith-based organizations."

Somewhere this is getting very confused. Does this mean they can't work together?

This is like a family seperation. You still have to care for the kids, don't you?

If this practice is true, based on those reasons, then there is something wrong. However, at the same time I am somewhat reluctant to believe all I read or hear.

Rgds ;) Spaf

Birchtree
09-07-2005, 08:37 PM
Grandma,

Looks like you can spot a lefty from a fair distance - they all think alike don't they?

Dennis - where is the village when you need one. The village elders are all on liberal tv running their yaps - trying to point blame but nothing sticks to the intended. I'd like to shove something into Howard Deans azz to get his attention but then I'd have to clean my shoes.

ou81200
09-07-2005, 08:42 PM
Personally, I think having Pat Robertson or Jessie Jackson as president would be dangerous :end:.

Rolo
09-09-2005, 01:36 PM
ou81200 wrote:
Personally, I think having Pat Robertson or Jessie Jackson as president would be dangerous :end:.
I'm not saying Robertson has never said anything a bit over the top, but the man is frequently quoted waaaay out of context. Whatddya expect from people criticising a man they never heard.

Jesse Jackson? New Orleans wouldn't be any different with him than it is now...after all...he's the man who cued the LA Riots when I lived there. Don't like policy? Civil unrest will get you what you want...

Spaf wrote:
I feel that church and state should be seperate. Sometimes there is a fine line. Your link to the church group implies that FEMA won't work with some churches because:

"they are offering no support to these churches because of their general reluctance to work with "uncertified" faith-based organizations."

There is no such thing as "separation of church and state" in the Constitution;only that the government will neither supportnor hinder any religion. The government is supposed to be "religiously blind".

Spaf wrote:
...reluctance to work with "uncertified" faith-based organizations."

The VERY thing the Constitution made illegal!

Spaf
09-09-2005, 02:09 PM
Well Grandma started it!

Working with a local church to help citizens during a national disaster, is the right thing to do.
This disaster is like a war. All rules are out. You live by a code of conduct.

If FEMA (the government) can't or is reluctant to support citzens because they are gathered at a churchcut off from the rest of the world, and just trying to survive. If this is the reality. I have a problem with it