PDA

View Full Version : Hello All

kave
07-22-2014, 03:36 PM
Hello All,
I have to admit. I'm a lurker!! And have been for some time. I've finally decided to introduce myself here. I have 28+ years service with the gov-ment. I still enjoy what I do and plan to continue my work until it ain't fun anymore.

I have very limited investment knowledge. I have some personal investments and I watch my TSP closely. I have been primarily a buy the dips each month in my TSP. That plan has proved very good for me over the past few years.

I am married to a wonderful woman that is not only my toughest critic and biggest cheerleader, she's also my best friend. She is the reason behind any success I might achieved. We have three boys. Their ages are 26 25 and 21. We will be first time grandparents in approx. 8-10 weeks. We own a motorhome and travel occassionally as work permits. We plan to travel more extensively after retirement. I am a novice part time woodworker (and even though I'm not to good at it yet) I enjoy that hobby very much. I expect to learn a bunch from you TSPTalk folks and make some $$$ so I can spoil grandchildren, buy some more tools and travel!!

Thanks for reading!!

Bquat
07-22-2014, 03:51 PM
Hello All,
I have to admit. I'm a lurker!! And have been for some time. I've finally decided to introduce myself here. I have 28+ years service with the gov-ment. I still enjoy what I do and plan to continue my work until it ain't fun anymore.

I have very limited investment knowledge. I have some personal investments and I watch my TSP closely. I have been primarily a buy the dips each month in my TSP. That plan has proved very good for me over the past few years.

I am married to a wonderful woman that is not only my toughest critic and biggest cheerleader, she's also my best friend. She is the reason behind any success I might achieved. We have three boys. Their ages are 26 25 and 21. We will be first time grandparents in approx. 8-10 weeks. We own a motorhome and travel occassionally as work permits. We plan to travel more extensively after retirement. I am a novice part time woodworker (and even though I'm not to good at it yet) I enjoy that hobby very much. I expect to learn a bunch from you TSPTalk folks and make some $$$ so I can spoil grandchildren, buy some more tools and travel!!

Thanks for reading!! Welcome and looking forward to your increased involvement.:D

czapor1967
07-22-2014, 03:56 PM
Welcome aboard Kave, and best of luck to you!!! :D

nnuut
07-22-2014, 04:23 PM
Welcome to the forum Kave. Looks like you have a great family and a good life, lets make some $$$$$$!
Best of luck:D
Norman

uscfanhawaii
07-22-2014, 04:26 PM
Always good to welcome new members to the forum! Good luck to you both, kave and fisherhouse!

nasa1974
07-22-2014, 05:27 PM
Welcome aboard kave. Interesting avatar.

Scout333
07-22-2014, 06:01 PM
Welcome Kave!

ravensfan
07-22-2014, 06:26 PM
Welcome aboard kave...If you've been a lurker, you already know there's lots of smart folks on this site. Hope we can help you build your TSP account and looking forward to your input!

Congrats on soon to be grandparents...Nothing like spoiling the grandbaby...:)

burrocrat
07-30-2014, 08:32 PM
Hello All,

Thanks for reading!!

hey kave, welcome aboard.

i see you are woodworker. would you be interested in picking up some side work? i have a simple project i would like to get made. it is basically a block of wood with some holes drilled in it and maybe a indented/routed area for a tray freature.

do you have an account talk thread setup yet to discuss your trades? i could post my idea there and get some feedback?

thanks, burro.