PDA

View Full Version : Eat Healthy?

nnuut
05-07-2014, 08:26 AM
This thing reminds me to always try and be smarter than the Pseudo-scientists!:cool:

May 6, 2014 12:00 AM
Saturated Fat and Skepticism (http://www.nationalreview.com/article/377275/saturated-fat-and-skepticism-mona-charen)
The scientific community is not immune to politics, bias, and self-interest. By Mona Charen (http://www.nationalreview.com/author/mona-charen)

Now, the Annals of Internal Medicine declares that beef, butter, and cream do not cause heart disease. Women whose total cholesterol levels are high live longer than those with lower levels.

This is not just reminiscent of Woody Allen’s 1973 movie Sleeper — it’s nearly word for word. In the future, Allen joked, wheat germ and organic honey would kill you but “deep fat, cream pies, and steak” would be regarded as health-enhancing.
How could the experts have been so wrong for so long?

Mapper
05-07-2014, 08:35 AM
Moderation good, excess bad. Turn off the the TV. Applies to pretty much anything in life.

nnuut
05-07-2014, 09:38 AM
Read the entire article. My total cholesterol was 128, HDL 46 the other day, got congratulations from my Doctor. When I started the Statins my total was 209 and I thought that was fine, but listened to my doctor now they are questioning the whole thing, AGAIN!!! ANTARCTICA is melting!!!

clester
05-07-2014, 09:54 AM
Read the entire article. My total cholesterol was 128, HDL 46 the other day, got congratulations from my Doctor. When I started the Statins my total was 209 and I thought that was fine, but listened to my doctor now they are questioning the whole thing, AGAIN!!! ANTARCTICA is melting!!!
I remember this kind of thing happening over and over. Eg. Eggs were bad then they were good then they were bad again. Now they're ok. Look at coffee or whatever.

High cholesterol treatment is big business. They have always said low cholesterol "may" reduce your chances of heart disease. There has never been a direct link. Big drug companies have a vested interest in keeping you on these "maintenance " drugs. The alternative medicine industry is also big business and there is no proof it works at all. Now they say you should only take small doses of vitamins. We're all a bunch of suckers. Looking for that magic pill.

nnuut
05-07-2014, 10:19 AM
I remember this kind of thing happening over and over. Eg. Eggs were bad then they were good then they were bad again. Now they're ok. Look at coffee or whatever.

High cholesterol treatment is big business. They have always said low cholesterol "may" reduce your chances of heart disease. There has never been a direct link. Big drug companies have a vested interest in keeping you on these "maintenance " drugs. The alternative medicine industry is also big business and there is no proof it works at all. Now they say you should only take small doses of vitamins. We're all a bunch of suckers. Looking for that magic pill.
Yes and the Doctors are forced to go along with it or face the possibility of a lawsuit if one of their patient has a heart attack, "he/she had high cholesterol and you didn't encourage him/her to take statins" it's your fault!!! This is crazy.28521

Valkyrie
05-07-2014, 10:42 AM
also cholesterol is the most powerful anti-oxidant in the body. lowering ones by drugs or diet will age and kill u faster. then they get to keep all of your sSi money.Cholesterol - You Can't Live Without It! (http://www.cholesterol-and-health.com/)

[The Center for Cholesterol Management] - Overview | Dr Michael F Richman | LipidCenter (http://www.lipidcenter.com/er_overview.php) lipids are the problem not cholesterol

nnuut
05-07-2014, 06:45 PM
It seems you and I disagree on just about everything. Hope all of your efforts allow you to live longer, but I really think you are hugging the wrong tree, again.
285272852628528 Yummy!

burrocrat
05-07-2014, 08:15 PM
the problem with organic free range grass-fed animals is that it takes way more room to grow one to harvest stage so that people can eat it. you can feed more calves to slaughter weight on an acre of corn than you can on an acre of grass. if everybody switched to organic then the calves for food would eat alot of the grass mother cows now currently eat, resulting in less mother cows, the mother cows would be sold (because farmer's and rancher's livelihood depends on preserving the productive capacity of the land they are the ultimate conservationists) or the mother cows would die of starvation (and farmer's and rancher love their animals and crops, would not let one suffer, and they live it everyday, it is their life sunup to sundown and beyond).

so less mother cows means less calves to eat the grass the now slaughtered or starved cows used to eat. which reduces the amount of available protien at the grocery store in those convenient prepackaged packages for people to buy and eat. which, like the cow and grass scenario, eventually reduces the number of people around to eat it. when people get really hungry it comes down to rocks and sticks for available resources. so the bright green hippie side of the coin has an equally dark side.

the same arguement applies to the corn the cattle and people eat. organically grown crops produce nowhere near the yield per acre. the truth is that technoligical advances and modern production agriculture is what allows us to feed the world. we are always making more people, never making more land.

and feed the world we do, to the tune of $80 billion per year in snap benefits for hungry folks to buy food. (more than 10 times of subsidies farmers get to produce the food in the first place before it can be paid for with gov credit card). plus we send alot of food free to other countries to buy favor or stave off rebellion. what do you think happens to tax dollars required to cover the demand for increased food prices when the available food supply is reduced? how soon before we resort to rocks and sticks?

i always get a laugh at the smug greenies who are so happy with themselves for treating animals kinder and saving the environment, because what they are really doing is increasing food insecurity and hurting the very same people they say they want to help.

Cholesterol is necessary for a variety of functions. But so are minerals like salt and Iron. In small amounts very necessary, but too much and they will hurt you.

With cholesterol its the LDL's that you have to be a little careful with.

One of the biggest travesties is when we went from having our animals graze to cramming them with corn and antibiotics (because most animals are not meant to consume corn in large amounts and develop infections in their gut) . The grass fed cattle, goats etc had meat that was very high in Omega 3's (like fish oils only taste better:)). Corn and grain fed cattle don't produce Omega 3's in their fat in any significant amount, so you take in much more unhealthy fat that goes right into clogging your arteries. And excess saturated fat WILL clog your arteries and increase risk of heart attacks, strokes etc.
Same thiing with eggs, natural, free range chickens will produce eggs with high amounts of beneficial Omega 3's, while the "Purdue chicken crammed egg factories" are fed garbage and their eggs don't have the beneficial Omega 3's.

Several years ago, we began buying our beef and eggs from organic health food stores. Luckily in CA there are tons of places to get them, not sure how it is elsewhere. If everyone did this, we would change our food industry, and empower many more small farmers,and give less money to the Monsanto driven mass food industry.
We would also be healthier, with less cardiovascular disease, which unfortunately we are the world leaders in.:sick:

nnuut
05-07-2014, 08:32 PM
The cholesterol Heart Attack lie is all part of the Global Warming SCAM, WHAT? Yes cattle are one of the biggest factors causing the warming with their continuous methane flatulence and they like all breathing animals exhale CO2:eek:. We all will have to go vegan to save the world and to keep our LDL ratio down and HDL up. more BS HA!!!!!!!

JTH
05-07-2014, 08:42 PM
Cholesterol is necessary for a variety of functions. But so are minerals like salt and Iron. In small amounts very necessary, but too much and they will hurt you.

With cholesterol its the LDL's that you have to be a little careful with.

One of the biggest travesties is when we went from having our animals graze to cramming them with corn and antibiotics (because most animals are not meant to consume corn in large amounts and develop infections in their gut) . The grass fed cattle, goats etc had meat that was very high in Omega 3's (like fish oils only taste better:)). Corn and grain fed cattle don't produce Omega 3's in their fat in any significant amount, so you take in much more unhealthy fat that goes right into clogging your arteries. And excess saturated fat WILL clog your arteries and increase risk of heart attacks, strokes etc.
Same thiing with eggs, natural, free range chickens will produce eggs with high amounts of beneficial Omega 3's, while the "Purdue chicken crammed egg factories" are fed garbage and their eggs don't have the beneficial Omega 3's.

Several years ago, we began buying our beef and eggs from organic health food stores. Luckily in CA there are tons of places to get them, not sure how it is elsewhere. If everyone did this, we would change our food industry, and empower many more small farmers,and give less money to the Monsanto driven mass food industry.
We would also be healthier, with less cardiovascular disease, which unfortunately we are the world leaders in.:sick:

the problem with organic free range grass-fed animals is that it takes way more room to grow one to harvest stage so that people can eat it. you can feed more calves to slaughter weight on an acre of corn than you can on an acre of grass. if everybody switched to organic then the calves for food would eat alot of the grass mother cows now currently eat, resulting in less mother cows, the mother cows would be sold (because farmer's and rancher's livelihood depends on preserving the productive capacity of the land they are the ultimate conservationists) or the mother cows would die of starvation (and farmer's and rancher love their animals and crops, would not let one suffer, and they live it everyday, it is their life sunup to sundown and beyond).

so less mother cows means less calves to eat the grass the now slaughtered or starved cows used to eat. which reduces the amount of available protien at the grocery store in those convenient prepackaged packages for people to buy and eat. which, like the cow and grass scenario, eventually reduces the number of people around to eat it. when people get really hungry it comes down to rocks and sticks for available resources. so the bright green hippie side of the coin has an equally dark side.

the same arguement applies to the corn the cattle and people eat. organically grown crops produce nowhere near the yield per acre. the truth is that technoligical advances and modern production agriculture is what allows us to feed the world. we are always making more people, never making more land.

and feed the world we do, to the tune of $80 billion per year in snap benefits for hungry folks to buy food. (more than 10 times of subsidies farmers get to produce the food in the first place before it can be paid for with gov credit card). plus we send alot of food free to other countries to buy favor or stave off rebellion. what do you think happens to tax dollars required to cover the demand for increased food prices when the available food supply is reduced? how soon before we resort to rocks and sticks?

i always get a laugh at the smug greenies who are so happy with themselves for treating animals kinder and saving the environment, because what they are really doing is increasing food insecurity and hurting the very same people they say they want to help.

Just to be fair here, FWM wasn't making this a political issue, this is a nutrient issue, with corn-fed products being less nutrient-diverse. I agree grass-fed is better and also agree there isn't enough land to support the world's increasingly growing appetite for meat. Fact is we consume too much of everything :)

nnuut
05-07-2014, 09:21 PM
Tomorrow afternoon I'm going to consume too much of a 14 OZ Angus Ribeye topped with mushrooms onions and peppers, with a baked potato smothered in real butter, chives, sour cream and BACON Bits. There will be a salad on the side and Texas Garlic butter Toast. And you know what, I don't feel guilty NOT one bit! Your muscles just LOVE all of that terrible FAT and protein!http://www.seductionmeals.com/seared%20ribeye%20steak%20with%20mushrooms_f.jpg

JTH
05-07-2014, 09:23 PM
Tomorrow afternoon I'm going to consume too much of a 14 OZ Angus Ribeye topped with mushrooms onions and peppers, with a baked potato smothered in real butter, chives, sour cream and BACON Bits. There will be a salad on the side and Texas Garlic butter Toast. And you know what, I don't feel guilty NOT one bit! Your muscles just LOVE all of that terrible FAT and protein!

Nobody said you should feel guilty for eating God's food, that bread (on the other hand) is going straight to your azz... :D

nnuut
05-07-2014, 09:36 PM
Nobody said you should feel guilty for eating God's food, that bread (on the other hand) is going straight to your azz... :D
I know a lot about carbs and you need some of those too. Eat a little of everything and you will be alright.

konakathy
05-07-2014, 11:34 PM
wine2.gif Don't forget the red wine with that meal. Red wine has antioxidants and resveratrol which may help against heart disease by increasing the levels of HDL...the good cholesterol.

(dang it, norm...how come I can't get your gifs to work?)

Tomorrow afternoon I'm going to consume too much of a 14 OZ Angus Ribeye topped with mushrooms onions and peppers, with a baked potato smothered in real butter, chives, sour cream and BACON Bits. There will be a salad on the side and Texas Garlic butter Toast. And you know what, I don't feel guilty NOT one bit! Your muscles just LOVE all of that terrible FAT and protein!http://www.seductionmeals.com/seared%20ribeye%20steak%20with%20mushrooms_f.jpg

law87
05-08-2014, 03:42 AM
If anyone looking for a good diet that will help you, Paleo is the way to go. I lost 1.5-2in size waste in 30 days and feel a lot more healthy, I am more hydrated, I dont sweat as much and I have more energy!

clester
05-08-2014, 05:27 AM
I think the bottom line is: be skeptical over anything you hear no matter where it comes from.. There always seems to be an agenda by some party somewhere. Usually to get your money!

nnuut
05-08-2014, 07:20 AM
It's all about money and power.
But when I want to lose a little weight you know what I do, I eat less.:D
Well no breakfast for me, off to the garage to replace the water heater, but tonight is steak night.:rolleyes:

WorkFE
05-08-2014, 01:02 PM
FWM,
Are you sure those are not sage brush fed Bundy steaks. :D

nnuut
05-08-2014, 01:33 PM
I have steak night once a week also.

Grass Fed Rib Eye, grilled with Asparagus

Some Roasted Garlic

And 1-2 glasses of fine wine. (OK sometimes a 3rd glass if I have the next day off:toung:)

1 time a week for me too. Sometimes I do the Asparagus thing but it makes your stink pee!:laugh:
Always with a RED wine.

I don't know what the cows ate I judge the steaks by color and marbling, more marbling more tender, by the way that's FAT:rolleyes:
What the hell, we agreed on something?28540

userque
05-08-2014, 01:42 PM
nnuut,

This thread needs a warning: DO NOT ENTER WHILE HUNGRY!

nnuut
05-08-2014, 01:51 PM
My mouth is salivating as I type!28542