PDA

View Full Version : Catch the bounce?

Ozarkdiver
08-16-2005, 10:39 AM
No brave souls out there willing to gamble on a C or S bounce?

mlk_man
08-16-2005, 11:21 AM
Did it, done it, bought the T-shirt....:^ Looking for a good core PPI tomorrow.

Show-me
08-16-2005, 11:23 AM
Milk and Me! I'm not sure I would call us brave. lol

mlk_man
08-16-2005, 11:37 AM
Opportunistic idgits? :P

Show-me
08-16-2005, 11:41 AM
I resemble that remark! :shock:

Birchtree
08-16-2005, 11:42 AM
Don't forget phlames he just went 100% C fund - can he take the punches that come with owning that positiuon?

The long bond is testing 4.21% again - people are quietly suggesting that maybe now the Fed is ready to pause- I've been so ready.

Don Hayes says "We continue to believe that Greenspan has already gone too far, and his successor will have to rapidly reinvigorate the money supply"

Core CPI is at three month trend of 0.1%, excluding food and energy.

If the sp500 can hold 1220 for the week there may be hope for the courageous. Already oil seems to be drifting lower today. Again, this is difficult to say and even more difficult to do - but I have to stay in to win - there will be a surprise and I think the pause is coming.

mlk_man
08-16-2005, 11:50 AM
100% S Birchy, the C fund is your baby............:^

Show-me
08-16-2005, 12:05 PM
School starts this week here so hopefully all of the vacationers and before school daytrips are over. Oil needs a reprieve. O’ who am I kidding I’m tired to getting my ass chapped over oil prices. Although I have done quite well in EBERX.

phlames
08-16-2005, 12:51 PM
I'm gonna try, Birch.Just hopin for an up day afterTuesdaydowner, otherwise I'll be hidin in the G spot on Thursday. :shock:

Birchtree
08-16-2005, 06:33 PM
Phlames,

I don't know how much experience you may have at pistol shooting - trading? But you may get another down day in the morning and a relief rally in the afternoon. If you jump too soon the flames will get you. Sometimes it's better to stay and fight the fire. The old saying you have to experience the pain before the gain may apply. I'm into the C fund at 100% at a price of $12.60 so I can afford to let some profit go, but I think there may have been a moment in time when I made my initial purchase that I ended up with a loss- but it was only temporary. But then I don't think I deserve to make money unless I'm beat nearly unconscious before my gains are earned. Sometimes it's like I'm not happy unless I'm receiving pain - pain has become my game. Now you have to know I'm only speaking in a literal sense. You can learn a great deal here that may be beneficial.

If you had arrived earlier you could have been invited to a golden praise party for one of our ex-participants. Any way good luck - and remember only half of TSP is watching - we are mostly hopeful.

phlames
08-17-2005, 08:35 AM
Thanks Birch for the insight, it is appreciated. I have been on the sidelines watching this site since the end of May and I am learning more each day. The bottom line is to make the right move at the right time, sometimes you hit others you miss. I figure if the market dumps again today, as the indicators show, I stand to lose maybe 1.2%. So when the bottom shows up again I will be ready to jump back in. :^

Thanks again Phil

PS I think I caught a little bit of the golden praise party. :shock:

mlk_man
08-17-2005, 09:47 AM
It's bouncing alright, like a rubber ball!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: