PDA

View Full Version : Servers Being Checked

tsptalk
03-18-2014, 10:34 AM
The servers are acting sluggish this morning, but they are being checked right now.

Sorry for any inconveniences.

nnuut
03-18-2014, 01:40 PM
Still slow as Molasses.

ravensfan
03-18-2014, 02:17 PM
Still slow as Molasses.

Pay it no nevermind. It's just our overly concerned government ensuring we are all playing nice.:nuts:

BichonFreeze
03-18-2014, 02:54 PM
Pay it no nevermind. It's just our overly concerned government ensuring we are all playing nice.:nuts:

Or who's posting at work...

Stoplight
03-18-2014, 03:07 PM
The servers are acting sluggish this morning, but they are being checked right now.

Sorry for any inconveniences.

"Sluggish" is NOT the word !!!

I want my TSPTalk, and I want it NOW !!! :)

Stoplight...

RealMoneyIssues
03-18-2014, 04:17 PM
Works fine from Tapatalk...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using tapatalk...

userque
03-18-2014, 06:59 PM
FWIW

Every time the site seemsslow to me, I check my CPU utilization. Every time, I've found that my browser (chrome/windows 7) has a high CPU usage. Once I close the tsptalk browser tab, and reopen the site; everything is fine.

I suspect that the sluggishness is (also?) caused by the site hogging resources locally, rather than server problems.

This sluggishness occurs after I have had the site up on my browser for many minutes(hours?).

Try closing and reopening your browser when things get sluggish.

ravensfan
03-18-2014, 07:16 PM
“Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy
schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken.
Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren
keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das
blinkenlichten.”

Buster
03-20-2014, 08:53 PM
Works fine from Tapatalk...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using tapatalk...You need to get a grown-ups computer son...

JTH
03-20-2014, 10:20 PM
Between the resource hungry web browsers and extensive features of this website, we will probably never see things as fast as they once were. Interesting tidbit, I had built a netbook a few weeks ago, increased it to 2GB of ram and stripped down the Windows 7 to about 36 processes. I then installed all the major browsers and performed several test to see which of them loaded pages fastest.

Surprisingly, Internet Explorer won, with the other major browsers coming in a distant 2nd.

Probably the best thing you can do for this website is change your default settings.

In the upper right hand corner click Settings

In the lower left hand column click General Settings

Scroll down to Number of Post to show per page: and change the number to 10 or 5 (I find 10 works well for the amount of traffic on this website)

Afterwards, in the lower right hand corner click Save Changes

It does make a substantial difference, reducing your load time, especially in the morning when traffic is heaviest.

Handballer
03-20-2014, 10:42 PM
“Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy
schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken.
Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren
keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das
blinkenlichten.”

I can't read this Tex Mex stuff.:cheesy:

PessOptimist
04-04-2014, 09:08 PM
“Das computermachine ist nicht für gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy
schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht für gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets mussen; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.”

A version of this was taped to a Siemans-Halske MµFax machine in the CEMF in Germany back in the 70s. The 50 something German nationals that fixed these things were a pretty interesting group. For anyone remembering any of this equipment it included VZ-12, V-60fu, EM-400 and FM-8000.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

PO