PDA

View Full Version : private messages

PessOptimist
02-13-2014, 11:04 PM
I keep seeing this when I click on Forum.

Never mind, I find I cannot insert images.

The add says I have a personal message. It is from googleheads. I find it disturbing.

I find the fact I cannot insert images interesting. I used to be able to. Haven't tried it for a long time.

nnuut
02-14-2014, 08:29 AM

The add says I have a personal message. It is from googleheads. I find it disturbing.

I find the fact I cannot insert images interesting. I used to be able to. Haven't tried it for a long time. Everything seems to be working for me.

tsptalk
02-14-2014, 09:00 AM

I find the fact I cannot insert images interesting. I used to be able to. Haven't tried it for a long time.

What is Googleheads? Is that a website you are taken to? I can block certain ads, but what is the issue with their ad? Our ads are always in the same spot so if one tells you you have a message, it's not a message from us (TSP Talk) but an ad.

Images: Do you use the "From Computer" or "From URL" option? What are you seeing? Any error messages, etc.? What browser are you using? I'll need more info.

Thanks.

Frixxxx
02-14-2014, 09:47 AM

The advertisement from googleheads is just that, an advertisement.

I have had them and another advertisement showing people following me.

It is not associated with TSPTalk.

PessOptimist
02-14-2014, 03:15 PM
Understand it's an add. Just said it was disturbing as some may think it is from the message board.

The other issue I will investigate later and let you all know.

JTH
02-14-2014, 04:18 PM
Understand it's an add. Just said it was disturbing as some may think it is from the message board.

The other issue I will investigate later and let you all know.

The image uploader hasn't been working correctly since one of the previous upgrades, you can no longer upload multiple files at the same time, but you can upload multiple files 1 at a time. You can either use the advanced uploader or the basic uploader, I've attached instructions below.

tsptalk
02-14-2014, 05:07 PM
Way to go, JTH! I had forgotten about this. I use the Image URL one almost exclusively so I don't run across this attachment issue.

Thanks!

Frixxxx
02-15-2014, 06:13 AM
This works on thread posts and PMs to insert an image. You don't get the "clip" option (next to smilie face) to attach a file in a PM window.

The image uploader hasn't been working correctly since one of the previous upgrades, you can no longer upload multiple files at the same time, but you can upload multiple files 1 at a time. You can either use the advanced uploader or the basic uploader, I've attached instructions below.