PDA

View Full Version : Spreadsheet Allocation - effective date?

drinkoj
08-08-2005, 08:19 AM
Downloaded the Excel spreadsheet for tracking the G,F,C,S,I Funds and was wondering that specific date the percentage should be placed under.

Say that today (August 8, 2005)at 6am, I put in a sell of everything I had in the G Fund=100% and bought into the S Fund=100%, and it was sold properly. On the spreadsheet shouldi list the S Fund 100% under the date of August 9, 2005 prices or list the percentage beside the August 8, 2005 prices?

Second, should Ibe enteringstock prices for dates that I do not make any trades or simply just the date,fund prices, andnew percentages on those days I do move my TSP funds around?

Rather simple questions that I should know but got to make sure.

tsptalk
08-08-2005, 06:02 PM
Welcome OJ!

The old percentages and the date of the last day you were in the old allocation goes on that row. Then you start a new row with your new allocation. You continue to update that same row updating the current date and prices. You wouldn't have to add another row until you make another transaction.

Just in case you didn't see this... http://www.tsptalk.com/utilities/instructions.html.

Hope that helps. If not, let me know.

Thanks for joining us!
Tom