PDA

View Full Version : New From DMV

BichonFreeze
02-05-2014, 11:37 AM
Hey all I'm here to help me learn more about how I can maximize my TSP earnings and mitigate any losses with use of ITF's. I'm also considering taking a TSP loan out when I buy my first house around October and wouldn't mind hearing from others who may have taken out a loan, if they viewed it as a mistake or the right thing to do.

nnuut
02-05-2014, 12:41 PM
Plenty of info here BichonFreeze, read, post and repeat!
Best of luck with your TSP. :D
Norman

BichonFreeze
02-06-2014, 07:22 AM
Plenty of info here BichonFreeze, read, post and repeat!
Best of luck with your TSP. :D
Norman

There really is. It's a bit difficult to navigate at first, but there is some real valuable information here.

nnuut
02-06-2014, 09:00 AM
There really is. It's a bit difficult to navigate at first, but there is some real valuable information here.
You'll get the hang of it in no time. Everyone has an opinion and it's easy to check the Auto Tracker to see how their techniques are working, you should join the Auto Tracker to monitor how you are doing, it's a great tool. Nobody is right all of the time and nobody is wrong all of the time.:D

BichonFreeze
02-07-2014, 08:38 AM
Joined the Autotracker. Just have a problem, it's heading in the wrong direction! :mad: I'm sure it'll correct itself though.

MrBowl
02-07-2014, 05:50 PM
When it comes to taking out a home loan you can't do any worse than I did. I took mine out in early 2007 and I live in CA! I only have 8 more years until the loan is paid off. The house, however, went bye-bye 2.5 years ago.

Anyway, lets say you had a good hint that the stock market had some lousy years ahead of it (uncertain at this point) and you also knew that the local housing market was strong with several good upward years to come (likely true in most of the country) then taking out a TSP loan would be a great idea.

I think its its a fantastic time to buy a home since mortgage rates are so low and a housing bubble/burst should be many many years off. Getting a TSP loan to get in a house at this time is neither a terrible idea nor a great idea at this point, in my opinion. It really depends on your needs.

tsptalk
02-07-2014, 06:55 PM
Welcome BichonFreeze! Thanks for joining us!

BichonFreeze
02-09-2014, 03:14 PM
Anyway, lets say you had a good hint that the stock market had some lousy years ahead of it (uncertain at this point) and you also knew that the local housing market was strong with several good upward years to come (likely true in most of the country) then taking out a TSP loan would be a great idea.

That's some solid advice. Thank you.