PDA

View Full Version : A 2 Day Investment in the L 2040 Fund Yield .71%

08-03-2005, 08:32 PM
If one bought into the L 2040 Fund on 8/1/05 they would be .71% richer today. Could all you financially knowledgeable and insightful members comment on this?

- with humor okay, but without the sarcasm and bashing please.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72/W_W/WW.gif

Birchtree
08-03-2005, 10:04 PM
When ever you reduce risk - you reduce potential. That is one of the laws of investing plain and simple. 2040 is a long way out from here - why bother? For some people it may be just fine - you might as well talk to an actuary and buy a life insurance policy or an annuity - why bother? Investing for today with our current economic dynamics is so much more interesting and has so much more potential for outsized gains. I'm running in front of the train as it is leaving the station.

08-03-2005, 10:08 PM
I know the L 2040 is not for the short term, but the .71% is a dam good return for 2 days! Can you agree to that? Thank you

Birchtree
08-03-2005, 10:12 PM
Yes, I agree. But what may happen the rest of this week? That return can easily be reduced to .25% in a day - any day. Not for me - I rather like playing in traffic.

08-03-2005, 10:23 PM
Just one more clarification -
I know you are C and will always be C but what would be the difference of moving in and out of the L 2040 as the members of this board move in and out of the individual funds on a daily, weekly, whatever, basis?

And thank you for your patience here with me
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72/W_W/Smileys%20Bubbles/PEACE_11.gif

PS There's another way to look at this - to use the allocation percents that are used in the L 2040 as a guideline. Now this would be a simple, flexible and indiviualized option. Ok, now I am getting far from your point of view and/or expertise(?) Perhaps others would/could take on the F/U here......

Birchtree
08-03-2005, 10:45 PM
I am only 100% C for the forseeable distant future. Technobucks thinks I should diversify into the I fund. Have you seen that graph - parabolic at the moment. It is $3.00 over priced for my taste. I plan to begin different moves when my price targets are obtained. Currently by being 100% in C fund I own more shares that will allow me to make more money even with less point gains. You certainly will be able to trade the life cycle funds - but you would only be controlling a certain level of quantifiable risk through various levels of diversification. The round trips will more than likely be very small - not enough point changes to make any difference. Even now with the regular funds we are dealing in cents - not dollars - much reduced risk unless one has mult-thousands of shares - then it becomes FUN. Take care.

08-03-2005, 10:48 PM
I fund should be the shiner.

However the internationals are feeling the crude pain too.

S fund - raising interest rates are not helpful.

C fund is overvalued. :shock:

Run up there was the rumour Google was being added this week.

grandma
08-04-2005, 10:19 AM
Wonder Woman wrote:
....but what would be the difference of moving in and out of the L 2040 as the members of this board move in and out of the individual funds on a daily, weekly, whatever, basis?

And thank you for your patience here with me
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72/W_W/Smileys%20Bubbles/PEACE_11.gif

PS There's another way to look at this - to use the allocation percents that are used in the L 2040 as a guideline. Now this would be a simple, flexible and indiviualized option. Ok, now I am getting far from your point of view and/or expertise(?) Perhaps others would/could take on the F/U here......I hadn't understood you could move in-out at whim. As for using their allocations as a guide line, I am doing that - sort of - kinda blended the first two accounts. I see that it will be hard for me to `stay the course,' seeing certain others takebig jumps to G and F.