PDA

View Full Version : Technical problem

Buster
12-07-2013, 08:35 PM
I just got a new computer and I can't seem to use the "ENTER" Command on any forum...the text curser just stays put ..I can type but can't enter to start a new line...what setting is off? or ON?..............Thanks

nnuut
12-07-2013, 08:41 PM
I just got a new computer and I can't seem to use the "ENTER" Command on any forum...the text curser just stays put ..I can type but can't enter to start a new line...what setting is off? or ON?..............Thanks Are you on a PC or on one of those handheld things? Windows or what, what browser do you use. I just got a new desktop and Windows 8 and IE 11 they were killin' me.

Buster
12-07-2013, 08:45 PM
it's a desktop PC ...I'm using IE 10, with windows 7 pro 64 bit

nasa1974
12-07-2013, 09:00 PM
I just got a new computer and I can't seem to use the "ENTER" Command on any forum...the text curser just stays put ..I can type but can't enter to start a new line...what setting is off? or ON?..............Thanks

I've had the same problem with IE10 and 11 when in the editor mode. Switch to source mode and it helps but limits you in other things.

nnuut
12-07-2013, 09:08 PM
it's a desktop PC ...I'm using IE 10, with windows 7 pro 64 bit
I gave up on IE 10 and 11 and use WaterFox Its is like FireFox but for 64 bit computers, Works for me.

Waterfox - The fastest 64-bit variant of Firefox on the web (http://www.waterfoxproject.org/)

Buster
12-07-2013, 09:15 PM
I've had the same problem with IE10 and 11 when in the editor mode. Switch to source mode and it helps but limits you in other things.

where do you go to change that?

nnuut
12-08-2013, 09:02 AM
Did you try adding TSPTalk to and turning on compatibility mode in IE? Tools/compatibility View Settings. It' a good idea to run Windows Update.

Buster
12-08-2013, 09:48 AM
Did you try adding TSPTalk to and turning on compatibility mode in IE? Tools/compatibility View Settings. It' a good idea to run Windows Update.
Yup..nothing changed...still can't use "ENTER"....TOM? do you have any ideas WHAT SETTINGS NEED CHANGING?....THANKS

nnuut
12-08-2013, 10:04 AM
IE 10 and IE 11 are all screwed up, everyone is having problems. After many tries to fix IE 11 I gave up and use WaterFox it works fine You can have more than one browser loaded on your computer and use the one you like. I think Microsoft will come up with a fix but right now it's a nono for me.

nnuut
12-08-2013, 10:15 AM
On my Win 7 computer I upgraded to IE 10 and had the same problems as you, Sense I upgraded to win 10 I could uninstall it and go back to win 9 which I did and it works OK, you can only do that if you upgraded to Win 10. I use WaterFox on both of my computers the wife likes IE9 on the Win 7 computer and it works.

tsptalk
12-08-2013, 12:30 PM
I have heard all kinds of problems with IE 11. Since I am using IE9 still, I haven't experienced the problems, but I have become a 3 browser user. I use Firefox for certain sites, Chrome for others, and currently the only thing I use IE9 for is to run the AutoTracker. It formats the share prices from a spreadsheet best.

So, because of my ignorance on IE 10+, I would recommend Chrome and / or Firefox. It's easy enough to copy your bookmarks from IE to another. Eventually IE will get their act together since many sites are apparently having issues.

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95346?hl=en

Download Mozilla Firefox Free (http://mozilla-firefox.todownload.com/?lp=adwords&tg=us&kw=Download%20firefox&mt=e&ad=33229594518&pl=&ds=s&gclid=CK_Gkv2gobsCFa4-MgodCgkAhA)

James48843
12-08-2013, 01:15 PM

(I use firefox...)

Buster
12-08-2013, 02:18 PM
Okay Thanks...I like Firefox as well, but it has limitations too....Like I don't care for the bookmark action compared to Favorites in IE...But I will agree FF is faster......Anybody deal with Waterfox? Like Norm mentioned? I'm afraid to try that one yet..

nnuut
12-08-2013, 04:23 PM
Okay Thanks...I like Firefox as well, but it has limitations too....Like I don't care for the bookmark action compared to Favorites in IE...But I will agree FF is faster......Anybody deal with Waterfox? Like Norm mentioned? I'm afraid to try that one yet..
I tried both, I'm 64 bit on both computers FF and WF work better than IE and are faster than IE. Just pretend the Bookmarks are Favorites. There are some differences but it doesn't take long to get used to them. If you are 64 bit use WF it was made for 64 bit.

Buster
12-19-2013, 12:02 PM
I uninstalled IE-10

and Installed

IE-9

And ALL

my issues

With Posting without being able

to

use the ENTER button for

Line

SPACING

has BEEN

Resoved

WoooooooHooooo..

nnuut
12-19-2013, 12:39 PM
I did the same with my Win 7 computer. Microsoft is all confused.

nasa1974
12-19-2013, 01:31 PM
I don't recall having any real problems with IE9. But IE10 wouldn't allow me to do stuff here and forget IE11. I'm using Firefox now when I get on TSPTalk.

Buster
12-19-2013, 09:04 PM
I don't recall having any real problems with IE9. But IE10 wouldn't allow me to do stuff here and forget IE11. I'm using Firefox now when I get on TSPTalk.I too like Firefox.... and yes it is fast...but it also has quirks and I like the way IE handles Favorites/Favorites bar and the ability to send to desktop for shortcut icons, which you can't do with Bookmarks with FF.

JTH
12-19-2013, 09:50 PM
I too like Firefox.... and yes it is fast...but it also has quirks and I like the way IE handles Favorites/Favorites bar and the ability to send to desktop for shortcut icons, which you can't do with Bookmarks with FF.

I can drag FF Bookmarks to the desktop just fine

Buster
12-20-2013, 12:20 PM
I can drag FF Bookmarks to the desktop just fine
Huh?...I never tried that..thanks!

Also with FF there is a couple of work related site I go to for stuff like timesheets and pay-roll..and I can't log-on with FF....So I'm very happy with IE-9 and it operates or opens fast enough for me.

Buster
12-29-2013, 09:04 PM
I am now operating under IE-8...Because IE-9 would not let me open any kind of attachments in my Yahoo-Mail account.

So far everything seems to running smoothly now...

tsptalk
12-29-2013, 09:40 PM
IE upgrades. You gotta love them. :)

Buster
12-29-2013, 09:53 PM
IE upgrades. You gotta love them. :)
Honestly..I don't know a whole hell of a lot of anything about all this cumputer stuff..no really, I'm that behind times...So when I find something I'm use to and operates without little glitches..then I'm happy.....My computer life involves only;..ebay, google, yahoo mail, MSN News and a couple of forums like this one and some MS Office work...that's it..

PessOptimist
12-31-2013, 06:24 PM
Honestly..I don't know a whole hell of a lot of anything about all this cumputer stuff..no really, I'm that behind times...So when I find something I'm use to and operates without little glitches..then I'm happy.....My computer life involves only;..ebay, google, yahoo mail, MSN News and a couple of forums like this one and some MS Office work...that's it..

I know what you mean Busterman. Hanging on to XP and IE 8 as long as I can. The wife "needed" a new computer so I am dealing with Win 7, Office 2010 and Windows Live Mail 2012. All e-mails and documents ever created must be easily available using the current software. Not a joyful endeavor since some go back to the 90's.

I used to be able to deal with the change but the last few upgrades seem to have been radically different.

Next I could go on to upgrades at work and unforeseen consequences. I actually did write some stuff about that but decided why bother.

Bottom line on that is cyber security rules, having newer apps is best, customer support is somewhere down there around goal 238.

A truly secure network is one the customer can never access. Then all you have to worry about is hackers, who will always find a way in.

PO

nnuut
01-01-2014, 01:28 AM
The problem is that they are trying to Meld Cell Phone internet access with normal computer internet access in one operating system and it's full of glitches. Getting too complicated for the too complicated geeks.

Sensei
02-24-2014, 11:09 PM
Just a note that for some time now (a couple weeks or more?), the link on the home page to "Market Futures Quotes" no longer goes to futures, but rather a number of quotes for the S&P's performance from the previous day. It's probably not a big deal, as most of you are asleep during the futures, and I use other sources when I'm on a computer. But I liked using this link from my iphone as it was handy and easy to access.

tsptalk
02-24-2014, 11:36 PM
It just adds an extra click. Once you go to that page, select the "Stock Futures" link.

JTH
02-25-2014, 07:14 AM
It just adds an extra click. Once you go to that page, select the "Stock Futures" link.

Easier said than done, if you have the sprint network, that extra click adds another 5 minutes...:D

tsptalk
02-25-2014, 08:29 AM
You shouldn't be Checking the Futures while driving, anyway. That's a DWCF :)

Buster
02-25-2014, 08:15 PM
FYI:

When I click "Mark Forums Read" ...I get this instead;

table>1d (http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=^w4500&t=1d)5d (http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=^w4500&t=5d)3m (http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=^w4500&t=3m)6m (http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=^w4500&t=6m)

tsptalk
02-25-2014, 08:45 PM
Unfortunately, the forums read issue is ongoing. The folks at vbulletin are aware of it but have not provided a fix yet. Sorry.

Buster
02-26-2014, 06:47 PM
No biggie...I figured you might of not known about the little issue...