PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Playing with Fannie?

jonfresno
10-24-2013, 09:08 AM
I've got a small junk account. It used to be decent, but since I'm so good at buying high and selling low, it's now - a small junk account:).

Anyway, I decided to ride the Fannie, and got in around 2.50 a share. Went up to 5, then it tanked. I held it and now it's going back up. Anyone else playing with this worthless speculative stock??

Birchtree
10-24-2013, 09:32 AM
I've been doing the same thing with MTG buying my first position at $2.17 and now have a +$4.4K profit - I'll be consistent with my DCAs going forward.

MGIC Investment Corp. (MTG): MGIC Remains A Compelling Value - Seeking Alpha (http://seekingalpha.com/article/1767622-mgic-remains-a-compelling-value)

jonfresno
10-24-2013, 01:02 PM
Sure do wish I sunk my money into MTG. Hmm - earnings that don't go 100% to the treasury and they're not in conservatorship. Much smarter move.

I guess I'm taking ahuge risk that after they repay the mob in full and then some, they'll be released w/ common shares in tact. Not the best investment strategy.

ILoveTDs
10-26-2013, 01:24 PM
One of my favorite past times is playing with fannies ;)

jonfresno
02-27-2014, 09:26 AM
Looks like my Fannie is heating up.:cheesy: I'm sitting on a decent gain, and if Ted Olson can work his magic, we may see both Freddie and Fannie escape the death grips of the Govt. It's a tough call. If they can't pull it off, I'll be at zero. But if they get released, I think it's at least a $25 stock. Fingers crossed.....