PDA

View Full Version : 2 TSP accounts - can I max both of them?

TSP@ti2de
06-20-2005, 04:56 PM
I am federal and military and have 2 TSP accounts.

Can I max both of them next year at $15K, or is that a combined total? Thanks!

06-20-2005, 05:05 PM
Combined total.

:) Be careful when thelimit is reach your match is stopped. That would be a MAJOR MAJOR bummer and a really stupid error - so be careful.

If you are over 50 years old you can have 4K catch up to play with.

TSP@ti2de
06-20-2005, 06:23 PM
I'm trying to plot this out according to your recommendations.

TSAmatches the first 5%, no match for military. I'll have maybe 11 pay periods at $200 ($150 deduction, $50 match) so that's $2200. I don't know if I can get $12,800 mashed in there from the military side in six months, but we'll give it a try with the 100% incentive pay contribution.

Thanks again for your help!

06-20-2005, 06:34 PM
First 3% is 100% next 2% is 50% plus do not forget about the 1% FERS thing.

I am not an expert on this but since I hit the ceiling around September, if I did nothing, I have a handle on how to massage this to keep the match. Since you have two accounts that complicates it a bit.

Keeping the match is the most important thing you can do. That is a "give me" for playing the game type thing.

You may want to contact your civilian pay person to clear up my mess here.

Good luck, be safe and remember your family is stressed you are getting ready to leave - do not forget about them. :D

Oh yeah. No worries. Thanks for saying thanks. That was nice. :)

TSP@ti2de
06-21-2005, 07:34 AM
Good luck, be safe and remember your family is stressed you are getting ready to leave - do not forget about them. :D
Going home to see them this weekend! :D

Keeping the match is the most important thing you can do. That is a "give me" for playing the game type thing.

This also depends on when I want to return to work. I get 90 days, hee-hee. :P