PDA

View Full Version : Transfer 4/30/04 effective 5/3/04

tsptalk
04-30-2004, 10:17 AM
I am initiating a transfer this morning going 35% G, 30% F and 35% C which will be effective Monday 5/3/04.

I would love to just jump in with both feet and that may be the best play, I don't know, but with Greenspan talking Tuesday afternoon and the recent "sell the rally" attitude, I think I will ease in again.

The indicators are making it very tempting but Greenspan could shake things up with a .50 hike or by making no move. My thinking is to be fully invested by Wednesday morning and possibly even as early as Tuesday morning depending on what happens today and Monday.
My fear is any rally could be short lived. Did I say fear? BUY :i

In the short run we could see more damage but it should be limited. For the intermediate and longer term this is a great time to jump in if you haven't already.

k2ds
04-30-2004, 10:57 AM
Well I should have my head examined but after bleeding for the last 2 days I just moved 100% into the “I” fund. Don’t ask me why. Don’t know. Just a feeling.. :?

smine
04-30-2004, 11:00 AM
Well, anticipating an upswing for today I moved 30G 20F 20C 20S 10I yesterday morning. Nowthe market is allwishy washy! Anyhow, I figure I'm 40% in stocks, enough in F to say I'm in and enough in G to hide! Hope for the best; google selling, winn-dixie dumping! :^ What's the rest of you doing? PR? Duke?

tsptalk
04-30-2004, 11:26 AM
k2ds wrote:
Well I should have my head examined but after bleeding for the last 2 days I just moved 100% into the “I” fund. Don’t ask me why. Don’t know. Just a feeling.. :?

The dollar is down today helping the I fund. I know that doesn't help you today but maybe you will catch the dollar in a pullback next week. Of course you'll need the international markets to cooperate also, but something tells me they will follow our lead when Greenspan makes his rate announcement.

Either that or your dart went a little to the right. :)

puertorico
04-30-2004, 12:55 PM
smile I'm out of bullet :Dtoo confusing right now

I'm in today 50-c 35-s 15-i

The S-fund have a bad attitud lately

Verybad feeling because the interst rates on

nextweek and the market can be looking for a

march-deepdownbotton.

so,I am out ,frightening:shock: .

for monday 40-g 30-f 30-c

I'm gonna play the gameeasy out there !:shock:

no way out !THe street'end !,where I go now ?:shock:

JerBer
04-30-2004, 01:45 PM
I am as Tom would say, hiding like a little school girl in the G fund 100%!! Took too many hits this week and I'm licking my wounds. But I'd sure like to recover some next week. Hopefully Greenspan does right by us! Anybody got their crystal ball working?

JerBer

tsptalk
04-30-2004, 02:01 PM
Crystal ball would be nice. As I mentioned the other day, the interest rate futures are near the 50-50 area of whether or not the Fed raises next week. So whatever he does, there will be some scurrying up or down. Where's that roulette wheel? Red he raises, black he stays. :u

04-30-2004, 04:15 PM
After hiding out 100% in the G fund last few days, I initiated a move into F (10%),

C (20%), S (10%), and I (10%) this morning. Since Market went down, I happy with this move. If market continues to move south, I will transfer more out of my G fund (currently 40%).

Have a happy weekend.

GTO1970
05-01-2004, 12:10 AM
Both my accounts are 60%C, 30%S, and 10%I and have been since 27 April

I have lost 3.03% off total balancein the last 7 day and won't even think about a secure move untilloses of 5.00% I'm still up .30% for the month of April. It easier to take a few punchesnowand come Tuesday the light will go GREENspan and the race is on. Hang in there everyone better days are to come:^

Gotta love them roller coasters

GTO

tsptalk
05-01-2004, 12:28 AM
Good attitude. :cool:

Mr. Duke
05-01-2004, 08:19 AM
APRIL 2004 F FUND C FUND S FUND I FUND
BBF %% (Mar)0.69 -1.5 0.38 0.6

April
MTD% CHANGE -2.54% -1.52% -3.94% -2.31%
The above figures should be inline with TSP site End of April Figures

MTD$ CHANGE -0.26 -0.18 -0.52 -0.31

Mr. Duke
05-01-2004, 08:46 AM
I was in the "I" effective Friday a.m. ...ended up being the 4th concecutive down day and for the "I" 8 bad out of the last 10.... I was fortunate only to lose .15% on my first day in ( That dropped my April gain to a Mear 1.19%) Positive is always good though. ...S dropped .94% and C was down .60%. We are all really pounding our heads hard trying to make some money in this currently negative market... If we all had any sense we would probably be on the sidelines until things smoothed out but that probably wouldn't be till after elections...and of course terrorist activity will never go away. I have always gone for the gusto and probably still will... There is always the alternative of Soup Kitchens and Social Security (maybe not).

I will go into next week 100% "I" fund until I can pull off 1-2% gain, Sometimes/Most times it is the uncertainity of what Greensplat is going to say that effects the market than what he says...He will say his peace Tuesday market most likely will go down...then rebound on Wed...

Question: I always thought if stocks go down then bonds go up and visa versa....historically what gives if they both go down?????????????????????

tsptalk
05-01-2004, 01:24 PM
Theoretically , if bonds go up, stocks usually go up also because of lower interest rates. Of course there are exceptions.

This is from a post I made a few days agoin the F Fund forum...

In theory (not always an exact science) when bond yields go down, bond prices (bond fund) go up, but also stocks tend to go up because the yield (or return) on the bonds becomes less attractive to an investor so they opt for stocks.

That's the theory. But when stocks were dropping and the economy was sinking in 2000-2002, Greenspan was dropping interest rates to stimulate the economy, thus bonds went up, even though stocks kept going down.

Now we have the opposite. The economy is heating up. Greenie must keep things from heating up too much (inflation?) so he will raiserates. Stocks will keep going up because the economy is good as arecorporate earnings, but bond prices (bond fund) should weaken as we haveseen the past few weeks.