PDA

View Full Version : New Member Questions?

angairtech
04-29-2004, 10:28 AM
H:vello, this is my first message since joining your chat group. I made an allocation change yesterday after much reading of various messages on your board (I 'm not very computer oriented so i hope you will bear with me.) I am retired and 62 years old & had all 100% in G,but got tired of the limited gains .After waiting for the market to go down ,yesterday before 11:00 I changed my allocation to 85% G, 8% C, & 8%S.Today I logged on to TSP and it stated Contributions to my account are still being invested 100% in G fund but below on the breakdown of the share price balance & distribution columns it properly lists as I requested whwt gives? Also how do I relate the index value of C fund which closed yesterday at 1122.41 to a TSP share price of 11.81per my TSP account statement today?I thought that since the S&P was down yesterday the share price I bought in on should have been lower what gives?Also what is mana?

tsptalk
04-29-2004, 10:51 AM
Welcome angairtech!

I changed my allocation to 85% G, 8% C, & 8%S.Today I logged on to TSP and it stated Contributions to my account are still being invested 100% in G fund but below on the breakdown of the share price balance & distribution columns it properly lists as I requested whwt gives?
There is a difference between contribution allocation and interfund transfers. The contributions allocation is where your newmoney coming in goes.The interfund transfer realigns all of your balance. So your money is in its new allocation, but it sounds like any new moneycoming in with continue to go into the G fund. If you make another interfund transfer at some point, that new money will also get realigned.

Also how do I relate the index value of C fund which closed yesterday at 1122.41 to a TSP share price of 11.81 per my TSP account statement today?I thought that since the S&P was down yesterday the share price I bought in on should have been lower what gives?
There is no direct correlation from the S&P price to the C fund price but they shouldmove up and down in a similar percentage ratio. If the S&P isup 2%, the C fund price should go up approximately 2%also.
Anything you did yesterday before the noon ET deadline will use yesterday's closing price. So if you made a transfer before the deadline to get into the C fund, your price was the closing C fund price yesterday.

what is mana?
I don't know exactly how it works, but basically it rates users based on importance of posts. Like how many posts you make etc. You can also add mana to others by clicking on their mana meter. It tells the system you think this person is someone to listen to or respect etc.

Hope that helps! Thanks for joining us.
Tom

angairtech
04-29-2004, 11:45 AM
:)Thanks Tom, I wasnt shure If my message was properly received or not.Evidently the only place to find out the current shareprice for any of the TSP funds is the TSP account access page? Also since im retired I cannot make any more fund CONTRIBUTIONS i can only move my allocations & make withdrawals. I can only be a player in the TSP for 7 more years (until I am 69) so I need to make the best $$ i can. Thanks for the very informative website And response to my request. :^

Elgallo
04-29-2004, 02:02 PM
angairtech wrote:
:)Thanks Tom, I wasnt shure If my message was properly received or not.Evidently the only place to find out the current shareprice for any of the TSP funds is the TSP account access page? Also since im retired I cannot make any more fund CONTRIBUTIONS i can only move my allocations & make withdrawals. I can only be a player in the TSP for 7 more years (until I am 69) so I need to make the best $$ i can. Thanks for the very informative website And response to my request. :^You must start mendentory minimum withdrawls of your $$$ at 70.5 years. You can still remain invested.