PDA

View Full Version : problems with the weather

grandma
06-12-2005, 09:34 PM
Spaf & Dakota, I hope you and the other Oklahomans on the Board stay safe - your weather warningsare showing up on channel 8 Tulsa.

Grandma

edit: I see in the Subject line : I wrote `hear' instead of `here' refering to spring storms coming thru again. I will advise each of you I wrote `hear' because I am `hear'-ing our own storms; and I surely hope there is some decent rain in this here storm I amhearing now!!!:oo :P

again - grandma

re-edit :- and then - again - maybe the peanut butter stuck up the typing keys, and simply left off the `d', as tho it was supposed to have read `heard' - - - which would make sense, too. And since I am not making any money, I might as well at least try to make sense !!

again-again - Grandma

Spaf
06-13-2005, 12:42 PM
grandma wrote:
Spaf & Dakota, I hope you and the other Oklahomans on the Board stay safe - your weather warningsare showing up on channel 8 Tulsa.

Grandma

The Tornados start around Lawton. Thats where Dakota is at. Next time I hear from him I'll bring op the subject.

grandma if U will, send me a e-mail!

Mike
06-14-2005, 10:58 AM
I'll add my two cents to this one.

While out of town this weekend, I dealt with a flashflood (over a foot of water in the street for several hours :shock:) in which I had to hastily move my car out of the street during a torrential downpour (didn't expect the storm drains to fail so quickly). Later that day, a tornado touched down and did damage ~15 miles away. The weather forecasters predicted a "beautiful weekend" just the previous evening. :s

I came back to the twin cities yesterday and was greeted with a tornado warning for my home county during the evening (funnel clouds were spotted over the neighboring suburb ~ 2 miles away). 1" hail fell about 10 miles SSE of here as well.

So, who was the bear on here that bought off mother nature to try to take me out? :l

Dave M
06-14-2005, 01:09 PM
Tornados in Minnesota in June, hmm, now that is unusual -- not! But you got the warning, that's good. BTW, I lived in Lawton for five months while attending weather classes at the field artillery school. Interesting place.

Dave

SkyPilot
06-14-2005, 02:06 PM
Mike wrote:
I'll add my two cents to this one.

While out of town this weekend, I dealt with a flashflood (over a foot of water in the street for several hours :shock:) in which I had to hastily move my car out of the street during a torrential downpour (didn't expect the storm drains to fail so quickly). Later that day, a tornado touched down and did damage ~15 miles away. The weather forecasters predicted a "beautiful weekend" just the previous evening. :s

I came back to the twin cities yesterday and was greeted with a tornado warning for my home county during the evening (funnel clouds were spotted over the neighboring suburb ~ 2 miles away). 1" hail fell about 10 miles SSE of here as well.

So, who was the bear on here that bought off mother nature to try to take me out? :l

Went to Sioux Falls and then back to Albert Lee, and was dodging hail and tornado there and back. In between there was magnificent clouds and bright patches of blue. Mike, come on down to Southern Minnesota! The weathers fine. At least at the moment. :s

Mike
06-14-2005, 06:50 PM
The spam thing isn't enough to get me to come down to southern MN. I'm just fine here in the east central part. :P

Dave - no, tornadoes aren't that unusual - but to be in a county that is under a warning for the darn things twice in three days is a bit much. :cool:

As for the notice... well, I was sleeping at the time and woke up to a loud crack of thunder - then realized I heard a humming sound, which happened to be the sirens.

Dave M
06-14-2005, 09:12 PM
Nerve-wracking, yes. I saw there was 1-inch hail all across the metro. I lived and worked the weather inMinnesota for many years, including a spell with Walt Lyons and Mike Fairbourne at 'CCO where I did the forecasting and video graphics. Here's something to tell your friends -- Dennis Feltgen, late of KSTP, works right next to me here in Key West. But wait! He has a bid out for a position in Chanhassen. If they select him, he will be back in town but on the other side of the fence this time.

Dave