PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Sentiment Survey

tsptalk
06-11-2005, 05:10 PM
Per Mike's request, I am making the weekly poll a sentiment survey.

The polls are on the home page (http://www.tsptalk.com) and on the market comments page (http://www.tsptalk.com/comments.html).

Basically you just tell us whether you are bullish (think the market will be up), bearish (think the market will go down) or neutral for the coming week.

TSP Talk uses the "smart money" and "dumb money" polls from decisionpoint.com to determine if we should lean toward being more bullish or bearish. We like to do what the "smart money" is doing and go against the"dumb money". We will find out if we are smart or dumb money. :D

Iwill try to post the new one on Fridays and cut it off sometime early the following week.

Thanks!
Tom

Dogdaddy
06-11-2005, 05:47 PM
Great idea Tom ! ........Just tried to vote and apparently links aren't active yet???

Dogdaddy

Sorry...mistaken..it's working now/Thx

06-11-2005, 08:12 PM
Ditto on the great idea.

Who is going to track this?

:DInformation anddatais great, if it is used.

tsptalk
06-11-2005, 09:15 PM
I will see if there is a way to save the weekly info somewhere on the site.

06-11-2005, 09:22 PM
Thanks Tom.

Can it just be added into the monthly results?

Would love to see a couple months of weekly sentiment and then where the index finished for the week.

Do not want to create work.

Great idea just wanted to build on it, is all.

:DCould turn out, it is useless or turn out as a trading tool.

Spaf
06-11-2005, 11:22 PM
Neat Idea,the Pole! Tracking it might not be a good idea! :^

Spaf
06-12-2005, 03:42 PM
Well I edited that wrong. Meant to say tracking the pole on paper/forum might be a good idea! Pardon me, still getting use to this laptop! Didn't realize all the double function keys! Rgds! :D Spaf

Mike
06-12-2005, 11:05 PM
I'll track it. Looks like overwhelming bullishness this week... though I don't see how many have voted.

tsptalk
06-12-2005, 11:56 PM
Thanks Mike,
I want to start them on Fridays but unfortunately, the site's traffic seems to be lowest from Friday to Sunday and I'd rather not have it open during the week since the market is open. So I willend them on Monday evening to get more participation.

06-13-2005, 01:33 AM
Spaf wrote:
Well I edited that wrong. Meant to say tracking the pole on paper/forum might be a good idea! Pardon me, still getting use to this laptop! Didn't realize all the double function keys! Rgds! :D Spaf

I was surprised when you wrote the first one.

Now I understand. :^