PDA

View Full Version : CNNfN: Sinking below average?

Jack2
04-27-2004, 01:53 PM
The following article seems to be relevant to us:
http://money.cnn.com/2004/04/27/markets/twohundredday/index.htm

Reading it, I wished I had some of the group's insight. Tom talks about a pending jump, but this seems more pessimistic.

Jack

tsptalk
04-27-2004, 02:29 PM
Welcome back Jack. Haven't heard from you in a while.

I have two comments on this. These type of articles don't concern me. It was either aDecember or January issue of Barrons where the "experts" agreed the first half of 2004 should continue the bull market's upward swing, thenwe will see some volatility kick in during the second half. Well the indices are still where they were in mid January.So far the exact opposite has happened. Not that I know more, but I don't take what "they" say very seriously.

As far as the market goes,we are in this healthy consolidation and all three of those bull market legs are in place (monetary, valuation and psychology). It would surprise me if we didn't see more than modest gainsby the end of the year. In the shorter term (as far outas the end of July) I don't know. It wouldn't surprise me if we test March's lows again. That's why I'm still in protection mode waiting for a breakout that will come sometime between now and then (July).

When everyone is pessimistic, expect good things ;)

Tom

Jack2
04-27-2004, 07:10 PM
I'm lurking dog.

Thanks for everything.

Jack