PDA

View Full Version : My TSP Beneficiary?

rollingtach
04-02-2013, 07:17 AM
The 2012 statement no longer shows who your beneficiary is! The only place you can check your beneficiary was in the Annual statement
or by calling. Why can't TSP make this available online? I hope you will ask them that question and make it happen.

Frixxxx
04-02-2013, 09:10 AM
I'm confused by your request. Are you asking why you can't view/change the beneficary information?

Since your annual statement is on-line. You can click on it and get the information. Only those who haven't specified a beneficiary won't see anything on the 2012 Annual statement.

I called and verified this information from TSP directly.

rollingtach
04-02-2013, 09:34 AM
I clicked on my annual statement for 2012, and the beneficiary is no longer shown. I called TSP and they said they are aware of this issue with the new statements but had no answer as to a resolution. They did confirm over the phone who my beneficiary was. My point is the website says the annual statement is where you view that information. There is no other way to view it. TSP needs to make it accessible in your online TSP profile or issue new annual statements, with it shown.
I personally want to see that information made accessible electronically, since they don't even provide it as advertised. Check your 2012 annual statement.

Frixxxx
04-02-2013, 10:06 AM
I clicked on my annual statement for 2012, and the beneficiary is no longer shown. I called TSP and they said they are aware of this issue with the new statements but had no answer as to a resolution. They did confirm over the phone who my beneficiary was. My point is the website says the annual statement is where you view that information. There is no other way to view it. TSP needs to make it accessible in your online TSP profile or issue new annual statements, with it shown.
I personally want to see that information made accessible electronically, since they don't even provide it as advertised. Check your 2012 annual statement.

RT, I did call and verify. I got a different story. I'm formalizing a complaint now. Thanks for checking from your end.

Quick Question though, If you filled out a TSP-3, and you verified the beneficiary through a phone call, are you saying you want to make sure it doesn't change? Also, based on the laid out disbursement schedule: LINK (https://www.tsp.gov/planparticipation/beneficiaries/beneficiaries.shtml) it is pretty cut and dry unless you break out of the norm of the expected outcome.

Better question is do you have a will to protect your wishes?

rollingtach
04-02-2013, 10:32 AM
Mine is currently out of the normal dist at this time but I was getting ready to make some changes and that's when I noticed this problem. I don't expect my beneficiary to change on its own but most experts recommend you check these are current with your latest desires. I think it just makes sense in this day and age that when you go to check, you are able to see it online with all your other data.

James48843
04-10-2013, 11:50 AM
If you are in doubt as to who to leave it to, I won't mind at all if you just write "James48843" in the "named beneficiary pay to" line.

I'll take care of everything for you once you are gone. I promise.