PDA

View Full Version : New Member

tsmmadmax
02-19-2013, 07:38 PM
Hello TSPTalk,

I've been on the forum for a few weeks taking in as much information as possible before I "offically" joined the forum.

I'm a Infantry Officer in the US Army with 2 years of serivce as of this month. I currently have 5,000 invested in the 2050 L-Fund contributing around $525 a month. Look forward to learning as much as I can from this community, thanks.

sniper
02-19-2013, 07:43 PM
Welcome! You're making a good move by starting the investments early in your career. Good luck!

RealMoneyIssues
02-19-2013, 07:48 PM
Welcome aboard the TSP train 1LT...

Where are all these people from HI finding out about TSPTalk???

Anyway, like Sniper said, congrats on starting so early. Time is definitely on your side!!

nnuut
02-19-2013, 07:50 PM
Welcome to the Forum tsmmadmax, sounds like you have a pretty good start in the TSP, that's good contribute as much as you can afford, keep up with the markets and try and make the right moves.
Best of luck. :D
Norman

sniper
02-19-2013, 07:51 PM
Where are all these people from HI finding out about TSPTalk???

prolly cause hawaii's cost of living is so high, you have no chance at buying property or retiring safely without being a saavy investor. real estate costs are astronomical :(

there's a price tag for paradise!

maybe i could find a rich cougar in kailua to be my sugar mama ;)

Kaufmanrider
02-19-2013, 07:59 PM
Welcome. You are doing good, start early and invest what you can. Each year when you get a cola (or a promotion) add more to your TSP. It's just a shame you don't get matching funds, but it is what it is.

In 20-25 years (or more) you'll have a good size next egg. :D

Go INFANTRY. My son is with 3rd Cav-Stryker, Fort Hood.

Hello TSPTalk,

I've been on the forum for a few weeks taking in as much information as possible before I "offically" joined the forum.

I'm a Infantry Officer in the US Army with 2 years of serivce as of this month. I currently have 5,000 invested in the 2050 L-Fund contributing around $525 a month. Look forward to learning as much as I can from this community, thanks.

Frixxxx
02-19-2013, 08:36 PM
Welcome Max, you are starting off great! Investing for your future starting young..... Read a ton and hopefully you'll get to where you want to be quicker than you plan....

Good Luck on your future and thank you for stepping up to serve..Make sure you lead your men/women the same way you are trying to lead your life, plan for the future.

See you around!

tsmmadmax
02-19-2013, 08:52 PM
Thanks for all the warm welcomes.

Glad to see alot of you all are from VA, I'm from Louisa/Spotsylvania County area.

VA represent.

RealMoneyIssues
02-19-2013, 09:01 PM
Thanks for all the warm welcomes.

Glad to see alot of you all are from VA, I'm from Louisa/Spotsylvania County area.

VA represent.

Yeah, well, Frixxxx doesn't count since he just got here...

Well, I don't count either since I am not from VA, just live here...

My Daughter did a band competition in Spotsylvania her senior year in HS, but that was... 3 duty stations ago (Pentagon :sick:)

JTH
02-19-2013, 09:44 PM
Welcome to the forum :)