PDA

View Full Version : Stock Screener for anybody who wants suggestions on what to buy

InsaneZane1
02-12-2013, 02:37 PM
I hope to be able to give you guys ideas on a daily basis. Before I give today's screens, let me first say that my current stock trading strategy is to buy stocks that are recovering from oversold conditions. This is measured by what is known as the stock's Relative Strength Index. It's not a very accurate description, but in layman speak, the RSI could be looked at somewhat as a measure of what the ratio of buys/sells on a given stock might be. The higher ratio of trades that are buys, the higher the RSI. Generally speaking, anything with an RSI below 30 is considered to be "oversold" while anything with an RSI above 70 is considered to be "overbought". Both of these conditions are good ways to predict short term changes in the direction a stock's price might go. There is such a thing as buying the right stock at the wrong time (my SWHC stock is a great example of this). But it's not in our nature to wait for the best time to buy the right stock if that "best time" isn't at that given moment. This is another reason why I personally like to make my decisions based on RSI. There's a lot more to making the right choice even after this, but screening for RSI crosses above 30 (stocks that have just crossed above the "oversold" threshold in a specified period - I use 14 days) helps me quickly narrow down the number of stocks I need to look at. I set my own screener to show only stocks with share prices below $20/share but you can set your own screener up with different price rules too.

With that in mind, here are today's screens:
SCOK
ACI
ATE
IEC
IVC
KBALB
KKPNY
DFZ
ENTR
SGNT
SKUL