PDA

View Full Version : SWHC (Smith & Wesson)

InsaneZane1
02-12-2013, 01:53 PM
I bought into SWHC at the worst possible time in October. However, it has been steadily coming back up in price since finding a bottom not long after I bought in. I still have a way to go to get back into the green but at the rate it's going, plus an article today suggesting that the average price target is over $13 (I'm only looking for it to hit $11.50-ish to be happy), I have a good feeling that the loss I have incurred since buying will turn into a profit before long. Additionally, one of the guys I work with told me yesterday how he's had a lot of trouble finding .223 ammo. He says he's been to quite a few ammo vendors (Wal-Mart, gun shops, etc.) and it seems that everybody is having a really hard time even keeping ammo on their shelves. At one place he visited, the only thing they had left at all was CO2 for air-soft guns. With that much ammo flying off of store shelves, it has to mean that people really are buying a lot of guns at the moment too, which should bode well for SWHC over the next several months.

If anybody is looking for a good stock to buy, SWHC might be a good choice for you for at least some shorter-term profits. It's already up over 17% since it bottomed out at $7.79 on 12/18. It's had a few peaks/valleys already during that time but it has established a very nice trend line even with those periods of volatility.