PDA

View Full Version : Reasons I'm leaving TSP Talk

05-07-2005, 11:32 PM
It appears to be a precedent for members to outline the reasons for canceling their membership on TSP Talk so I will outline mine also.

I have contributed generously to take advice from this forum and elsewhere. I have shared whatever skills and knowledge I had. I find now that my participation and experiences since I joined TSP Talk has become a real drag on my spirit and my outlook. When ones negative experiences overcomes one's positive ones, it is time to leave. >. Besides losing approximately $15K, I stopped posting in order to avoid being bashed by another member. However, now that I visit the board just to view posts I still see I am being bashed.

I will not be lurking or continuing any private messages or emails with anyone. I will be reading my financial and market books and looking elsewhere for financial guidance if I feel I need some depending on the situation. I thank the only two individuals who spoke up for me. I can't go into everything but I believe most of my negative experiences here are due to my being a female.

I would like to address some of the comments I received
Change my avatar. - What can I say?

It was childish to set up the poll to find out how much money individuals lost. - I know people have a difficult time speaking about negatives on the board.

The poll was just a contest to see who lost the most money. - I am sure I have less money for my retirement than most of you have or will have.

PS I just need instructions for canceling my membership. After an exhaustive search of the board, I cannot find any instructions for canceling one's membership.

I hope this message is not deleted.
WW

mlk_man
05-08-2005, 12:33 AM
Wonder Woman wrote:
It appears to be a precedent for members to outline the reasons for canceling their membership on TSP Talk so I will outline mine also.

I have contributed generously to take advice from this forum and elsewhere. I have shared whatever skills and knowledge I had. I find now that my participation and experiences since I joined TSP Talk has become a real drag on my spirit and my outlook. When ones negative experiences overcomes one's positive ones, it is time to leave. >. Besides losing approximately $15K, I stopped posting in order to avoid being bashed by another member. However, now that I visit the board just to view posts I still see I am being bashed.

I will not be lurking or continuing any private messages or emails with anyone. I will be reading my financial and market books and looking elsewhere for financial guidance if I feel I need some depending on the situation. I thank the only two individuals who spoke up for me. I can't go into everything but I believe most of my negative experiences here are due to my being a female.

I would like to address some of the comments I received
Change my avatar. - What can I say?

It was childish to set up the poll to find out how much money individuals lost. - I know people have a difficult time speaking about negatives on the board.

The poll was just a contest to see who lost the most money. - I am sure I have less money for my retirement than most of you have or will have.

PS I just need instructions for canceling my membership. After an exhaustive search of the board, I cannot find any instructions for canceling one's membership.

I hope this message is not deleted.
WW

I think there may have been more than two individuals.......

I know that one time you were following my moves. Sorry, but two bad months (I consider March a push) out of...........how many have I posted fundsurfer?......is not the end of the world. Once again, as stated here and elsewhere, if you can't take the risk, go to G and collect the sure thing. If you've lost $15 K since the first of the year, you must have at least $300,000 in your TSP. I don't think anyone needs to know that, unless you're bragging, and I don't think you were..............which is why most of us prefer percentages.

Four months are only one third of the year. How much were most people down last year before pulling out 10-15%? I did better than that, but of course, that was last year.

I promise, to myself only, I'll beat the S & P by at least 10% every year. Really not hard to do actually. The hard part is averaging 20% returns, which is my goal. Gonna have to work a little harder to make it this year, but it's possible.

If anyone has invested for awhile and paid attention, they know that being down 4-5% at any one time is nothing. It's a marathon, not a sprint. You'll be lovedwhen make money and hated when you lose it. My skins gotten thicker I know that. I admit there is some bad advice here by some individuals. Just look on the TV or listen to the radio,you see it all the time. But that's part of the game. As you go through life, you have to weed out the bad ones from the good ones and move on. Just remember, Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither was Warren Buffet.....................oh, and don't believe everything you hear either. ;)(Had to say that before someone else did)

Good luck to you,

Mike

Birchtree
05-08-2005, 01:04 AM
Wonder Woman-you are up late. Welcome ! And thanks for my avatar. I am really appreciative.

But listen! Those are not reasons to leave. I know I'm new but it appears that others like your style. Investing can be very exciting and down right dull. Your graphics add a new smoother dimension. Don't leave-it is really not necessary.

Money is lost and money is gained. I plan to make a great deal more before I roll over and have them throw dirt on me. Come get your seatand buckel up.

grandma
05-08-2005, 01:37 AM
ww: I had truly hoped that you would be back after awhile. You have certainly been missed. In any group of people there are a few who have no understanding of words like respect, manners, civility. When they can hide behind a wall of cyberspace they enjoy their own style of depravity, some by seeing how `wittily' cruel they can be. The episodes of the past have instigated some changes: watchful moderators who are distinguishing between `fun with...' , and `fun at...' .It apears they are going to be busy now that some have wound up again, - and that is even when you haven't been here.......... It is distressful to think that relatively new members can excercise control over those who have been here and have earned spots in the hearts of the `old-timers.'

We do need you & your participation as a poster; and youand your knack of lifting our spirits with yourgraphics that always seem to Just Fit !!!

Please reconsider............ http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/triso/stressed.jpggrandma

--and many of us have you to thank for our avatars - so we naturally think of you when we post & they shine out from the monitor at us!!!

05-08-2005, 01:45 AM
I swore I wasn't going to respond to any postmortems but I have to. Peeps keep misunderstanding.
My losingmoneyhas very littleto do with my leaving. It played a very small part tomy dragging spirit and outlook.
And I don't have $300K!! God the almighty dollar!!
Can I please leave without people reading into things!
WW
Just saw your post Grandma - thank you.

mlk_man
05-08-2005, 02:04 AM
Then if you leave, he wins and others lose. I say stay and laugh at his ugly asssssessment of women...............:^

coolhand
05-08-2005, 06:22 AM
WW,

You're wit and classare one of the reasons I like this forum (not to mention all those graphics). Sorry that more of us did not step in to tone down the rhetoric. I suspect that is going to change as we move forward as now we have some moderators. In addition, you can be sure that I will take an active interest in defending you should you decide to stay (and I hope you will).

We can choose to reply or ignore any given post.As for me personally, I would not engage anyone who chooses to resort to "playground" behavior. I'm sure Tom will put an end to it if you point it out to him (or the moderators). Even though I do not know you personally, you can be sure that you are both respected andloved for who you are irrespective of money and I'm sure I'm far from the only one who feels that way. I stand with you.

SkyPilot
05-08-2005, 06:37 AM
Wonder Woman,

Please, give us another chance. Your contributions are appreciated, and I think that with moderators and others feeling empowered, we can elevate the discourse and still have fun and make money. Stay around a bit longer, and see if it doesn't get better.

rokid
05-08-2005, 07:51 AM
WW,

The overwhelming majority of people on this board are fans, i.e. they look forward to and enjoy your posts. Tom's moderators should also help keep the discourse at a sufficiently high level. We'll miss you if you leave.

"Don't let the bastards grind you down!" ---- Gen. George S. Patton

05-08-2005, 10:05 AM
Wonder Woman wrote:
Besides losing approximately $15K, I stopped posting in order to avoid being bashed by another member. However, now that I visit the board just to view posts I still see I am being bashed.

I thought you had left already. Why drag-out your swansong? Maybe, to be attention?

You had posted "adios jerks" before you got banned. You need to be a person of you words.

If you want to stay, you are welcome here but only if you clean up your act.

SkyPilot
05-08-2005, 11:23 AM
Greg, youv'e been cautioned. Your'e vitriol is not welcome. Please desist.

Timer
05-08-2005, 11:44 AM
Groaaaaan. Don't go. I'm with Coolhand and others. I think you add a LOT of personality to the board. Don't let the turkeys win.:*

05-08-2005, 02:07 PM
mlk_man wrote:
I promise, to myself only, I'll beat the S & P by at least 10% every year. Really not hard to do actually.

Ihad heard that few professional investors consistently beat the S&P. Is this wrong?

05-08-2005, 02:35 PM
Wonder Woman wrote:
I stopped posting in order to avoid being bashed by another member. However, now that I visit the board just to view posts I still see I am being bashed.

WW

WW,

I am sorry that I ran you off and sincerely missed your postings and hope you will stay.

I could tell from your postings that you were an intelligent, vibrant, fun and classy woman.My initial posts were to just to get your attention. Our conflict started when I jokingly pretended to complain about people always adding photos/graphics to every post and then I ironically added (tongue in cheek) the photo of the large woman in the Wonder Women outfit. You must have been offended because you posted back something about my mother. Then I was offended. I feel that saying stuff about someone's mother is "going nuclear" and never called for.

I did the post yesterday, where I mentioned you, intently to see if you were lurking and hoped you would respond.

I actually thought thatyour photo of me with my head in the sunny south was very creative and funny.

I couldn't believe that you got banned and I didn't. :oo

I liked the photos that you posted of yourself. You are physically very attractive. In the middle picture, you looked a lot like Shelly Long.

If you want me to leave here for you to stay here, I will. Just let me know.

Sincerely,
Greg

SkyPilot
05-08-2005, 03:12 PM
Greg, the problem is that your other posts in this thread and elsewhere make it very difficult for one to trust your sincerity. This is a difficulty of your own making.

Let your apologies stand alone, without the attending justifications and rationalizations. I

Birchtree
05-08-2005, 03:30 PM
Greg.

You did a nice thing today. Repentance can restore. You also deserve a second chance and your sincerity will shine over time. You showed your gentelmanly character traits and you now have my admiration. I trust you more than I do the Fed. Let's hope Wonder Woman accepts.

05-08-2005, 07:51 PM
Birchtree wrote:
You also deserve a second chance and your sinceritywill shine over time.Let's hope Wonder Woman accepts.

I was behaving like a little boy trying to get noticed by the prettiest girl on the playground.

mlk_man
05-08-2005, 09:02 PM
greg wrote:
Wonder Woman wrote:
Besides losing approximately $15K, I stopped posting in order to avoid being bashed by another member. However, now that I visit the board just to view posts I still see I am being bashed.

I thought you had left already. Why drag-out your swansong? Maybe, to be attention?

You had posted "adios jerks" before you got banned. You need to be a person of you words.

If you want to stay, you are welcome here but only if you clean up your act.

Is this greg's house? I'm not even going to reply to the statement that this guy makes after this post, ie: sincerely..........

Greg is a fool, an imposter, and an idiot (MT). Of course, just my opinion. You all enjoy him, I'm going back to my room now. Just remember, if you need me, I'll be there as much as I can.

Bye greggy, your floor now..................do something constructive with it will ya?

mlk_man
05-08-2005, 09:05 PM
Oops, sorry forgot...........

Sincerely,

mlk_man <:o)

SkyPilot
05-08-2005, 09:17 PM
Okay gang, wev'e had quite a weekend. How about we end this thread, get back to work and move on from here? We all bring our quirks, ideosyncracies, pain and woundeness to this forum. We can't help it, when we express ourselves, we reveal more than we intend, and sometimes "it ain't pretty". :s

Greg, if you quote from "O Brother, Where Art Thou" you may want to take a lesson from the movie, as it may help you avoid further "Ob-stacles", for you may find "treasure, but not the treasure you seek". :?

Milk Man, don't play into Greg's insecurities bycalling him names and provoking him. Your'e better than that. :X

Again, WW, if your'e out there and reading this, come back. Remember the angels!

Now, let's go make some money and play nice, darnit! :D

mlk_man
05-08-2005, 09:23 PM
SkyPilot wrote:
Okay gang, wev'e had quite a weekend. How about we end this thread, get back to work and move on from here? We all bring our quirks, ideosyncracies, pain and woundeness to this forum. We can't help it, when we express ourselves, we reveal more than we intend, and sometimes "it ain't pretty". :s

Greg, if you quote from "O Brother, Where Art Thou" you may want to take a lesson from the movie, as it may help you avoid further "Ob-stacles", for you may find "treasure, but not the treasure you seek". :?

Milk Man, don't play into Greg's insecurities bycalling him names and provoking him. Your'e better than that. :X

Now, let's go make some money and play nice, darnit! :D

Yes boss................but for the record, they weren't names, they were definitions I found in Websters dictionary under "devil"...................;)

SkyPilot
05-08-2005, 09:31 PM
Stopit!

05-08-2005, 09:34 PM
mlk_man wrote:
Yes boss................but for the record, they weren't names, they were definitions I found in Websters dictionary under "devil"...................;)
For the record, theywould besynonyms found in a thesaurus.

mlk_man
05-08-2005, 09:47 PM
SkyPilot wrote:

Stopit!
As you wish me lord........:)

Can you tell I went to watch that new movie "Kingdom of Freedom" today.........

Good story line, to me anyway...............

tsptalk
05-08-2005, 09:59 PM
WW -
If you feel you must leave, and I hope you don't, I can delete your membership. Let me know. I will also delete this thread if you do go. I don't want to dwell on the negative.

Tom