PDA

View Full Version : AutoTracker update question

RWJorg
01-03-2013, 07:51 AM
just joined here so sorry if this has been covered (i skimmed, but didn't search thorough).

I signed up for the AutoTracker, and inputted my %'s - they were late yesterday (getting into to the AutoTracker, but not my TSP account). I've changed my TSP allocation this morning so that tomorrow (Friday) it will be effective - when do I update AutoTracker - now, or after the deadline so that tomorrow it takes effect ? Make sense? I don't want today's AutoTracker to track me in tomorrow's active update.

thanks

RealMoneyIssues
01-03-2013, 08:06 AM
just joined here so sorry if this has been covered (i skimmed, but didn't search thorough).

I signed up for the AutoTracker, and inputted my %'s - they were late yesterday (getting into to the AutoTracker, but not my TSP account). I've changed my TSP allocation this morning so that tomorrow (Friday) it will be effective - when do I update AutoTracker - now, or after the deadline so that tomorrow it takes effect ? Make sense? I don't want today's AutoTracker to track me in tomorrow's active update.

thanks

All of your questions are answered here:
http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/tsp-talk-autotracker-returns-info/7766-autotracker-rules-how-get-started.html

If you don't make it by 12:10pm, you can put the effective date in the comments and if Tom can, he will change it... but it isn't a guarantee...

It is easiest to just make your TSP change, get into the AT and do it there... voila!

jpcavin
01-03-2013, 08:08 AM
Now before the deadline. Your TSP allocation will be at todays closing price and so will the autotracker.

NiteFlyer
01-09-2013, 07:49 PM
Looking at the EFA chart shows a .51% increase for the I Fund today. Why does the tracker only show .41%? Typo? Or market adjustment?

JTH
01-09-2013, 07:52 PM
Looking at the EFA chart shows a .51% increase for the I Fund today. Why does the tracker only show .41%? Typo? Or market adjustment?

Niteflyer, the EFA is not the I-Fund, The I-fund is a convoluted combination of EFA & the Dollar, the dollar was up today so it hurt the I-Fund

NiteFlyer
01-09-2013, 08:05 PM
Thanks JTH. I assumed the dollar value was used to update the EFA share price in dollars periodically sometime between close and open of trading sessions.

nnuut
01-09-2013, 08:56 PM
I think this is closer.
$EMW - SharpCharts Workbench - StockCharts.com (http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=$EMW)

argyle64
01-26-2013, 05:20 PM
I'd like to piggy back my question off this thread.

How often do I input my allocations into the AutoTracker?
I don't plan on making any changes anytime soon so how often do I need to log in?
Also, I work 4pm-12am shifts so I can't input anything into AutoTracker until after the 12:00pm deadline.

NiteFlyer
01-26-2013, 05:31 PM
I'd like to piggy back my question off this thread.

How often do I input my allocations into the AutoTracker?
I don't plan on making any changes anytime soon so how often do I need to log in?
Also, I work 4pm-12am shifts so I can't input anything into AutoTracker until after the 12:00pm deadline.

According to "The Rules (http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/tsp-talk-autotracker-returns-info/7766-autotracker-rules-how-get-started.html)", you don't have to make any IFT's. You just need to sign into the AutoTracker occasionally so we know you are still around. (Log in at least once every 60 days to be eligible for prizes.)

Make your auto-tracker changes at the same time you do your TSP changes. Since the TSP has the same Noon ET rule, auto-tracker will update the same day as the TSP change.

Scrappy
04-01-2013, 11:23 AM
Hello ya'll,

is there a way for me to verify my IFT made it in today by 12:10?
It was going to be close so I didn't spend time making comments.

thanks,
Scrappy

nnuut
04-01-2013, 12:21 PM
Hello ya'll,

is there a way for me to verify my IFT made it in today by 12:10?
It was going to be close so I didn't spend time making comments.

thanks,
Scrappy
Scrappy go to my IFT records in the tracker, you're OK for today,

2013-04-01 12:10:39
2013-04-01

Norman

Scrappy
04-01-2013, 02:24 PM
Scrappy go to my IFT records in the tracker, you're OK for today,

2013-04-01 12:10:39

2013-04-01

Norman

Thanks for the reply Norm!

I found that info after I sent the message and then I wondered about the 39 seconds past 12:10!!! :worried:

nnuut
04-01-2013, 03:40 PM
Thanks for the reply Norm!

I found that info after I sent the message and then I wondered about the 39 seconds past 12:10!!! :worried:
It was listed so you must have made the deadline buy the skin on Yer butt!! :D

tsptalk
04-01-2013, 05:26 PM
If you miss the deadline just put "cob 4/01" or whatever date, in the comments line. I will see it and make the change if its before I process the days new prices - and as long as someone isnt abusing it.