PDA

View Full Version : Brand new, ready for... well, not really ready at all...

thequakerlibrarian
12-28-2012, 02:00 PM
Try as I might I can't figure out what's going to happen these next few days. Don't want to miss the leap up when things settle, but DO want to miss the crash when things fall. Hmmm.

I tend to think we'll fall off the cliff for a few days. Not really a great harm, because it won't be permanent, and it'll make everyone more serious. Falling favors Obama's position because all of us will be taxed higher for a few days, paving the way for relief for 98% of us in a new bill that'll be hard for anyone but the 2% super-rich to vote against.

I've been half scared, half greedy, with F-fund and S-fund allocations. But I've been wondering if the I-fund would be a way to avoid US cliff-hanging while still enjoying the holiday market cheer. Now I see 17 of the top 50 on the Auto-Tracker have 50% or more in the I-fund. (What a neat thing to be able to see what the smartest investors are doing with their money now!) Even, so the I-fund has been more or less flat the last 2 weeks or so, same as the S-fund.

Technical point: I'd like to get in on the Auto-Tracker before the new year starts but when I try the message says no such username exists yet. But I can still blog, like right here... Am I doing something wrong?

thequakerlibrarian
12-28-2012, 02:05 PM
I went back to the HOW-TO section and followed the links and did it successfully. Musta been in too much of a hurry last time!

uscfanhawaii
12-28-2012, 02:25 PM
I went back to the HOW-TO section and followed the links and did it successfully. Musta been in too much of a hurry last time!

Glad you were able to come aboard! It's definitely better to be in from the beginning of the year so you can compare against everyone else (and maybe also get in on the prizes!).

You are going to want to start an Account Talk thread, or else you will have to live with the 'Brand new' title following you everywhere (OR, you can ask Tom or another Moderator to change the title of this thread to 'thequakerlibrarian Account Talk'. I am sure they would be happy to help out!)

Again...WELCOME!! :D

nnuut
12-28-2012, 02:35 PM
Welcome to the Auto Tracker thequakerlibrarian, you'll love it.
Best of luck
Norman

Dunedad
12-29-2012, 09:41 AM
Welcome! I'm a complete noob also!
I like to see what the top guys are doing also, one thing I look for is consistency though. Of the 17 of the top 50 you mentioned, only 3 had positive returns in 2011, some suffered some pretty negative returns. In fact of the top 50 only 15 had positive returns in 2011. For myself, those 15 are the ones to watch ;)

tsptalk
12-29-2012, 11:37 PM
Welcome thequakerlibrarian!

Sensei
12-30-2012, 04:07 AM
In fact of the top 50 only 15 had positive returns in 2011. For myself, those 15 are the ones to watch ;)

If you really want to get down to brass tacks, nsurf9 and ContrarianJeff are the only guys who were in the top 50 both years and who contribute regularly to the forum. Jeff, by the way, was also top 50 in 2010. They da men.

nasa1974
12-30-2012, 03:10 PM
Welcome aboard. There are some great people here that really like to help.