PDA

View Full Version : Interfund Transfer 4/20 for 4/21/05

tsptalk
04-20-2005, 09:00 AM
As I mentioned in the 4/20 market comments, I will put some money to work in the I fund. I am making an interfund transfer before this morning'sdeadline going 50% C, 20% S and 30% I fund.

This will be effective Thursday morning, 4/21.

pyriel
04-20-2005, 01:02 PM
tsptalk wrote:
As I mentioned in the 4/20 market comments, I will put some money to work in the I fund. I am making an interfund transfer before this morning'sdeadline going 50% C, 20% S and 30% I fund.

This will be effective Thursday morning, 4/21.
Tom,

I noticed something. Everytime you go to I that fund price starts to tank. I think you are jinxed with that fund. hehehehehehe...

Wheels
04-20-2005, 01:25 PM
Tom,

I noticed something. Everytime you go to I that fund price starts to tank. I think you are jinxed with that fund. hehehehehehe...

I hope you're wrong because I went 100% I effective tomorrow.

Dave

smine
04-20-2005, 02:13 PM
You might as well be in I with how S and C are doing today!:XLooks like a repeat of some of last week.....

Rod
04-20-2005, 06:30 PM
smine wrote:
You might as well be in I with how S and C are doing today!:XLooks like a repeat of some of last week.....
As I said in my talk thread concerning the (I):

Looks like we DERAILED!!!

K, I'm through with trying to read the current climate. It's simply too unpredictable... not near as easy as it was last year.

God Bless:^

smedlap
04-20-2005, 09:20 PM
Rod, I don't think it's as bad as it looks. I fund was down 0.5% after currency exchange impact. I realize down is down but if all things stocks remain even over the next 2 months, I fundis expected togain 4% just due to dollar devaluation. I hope we are at a stock market bottom as I myself bought in 100% I fund yesterday AM. Good luck!

tsptalk
04-20-2005, 09:39 PM
pyriel wrote:
Tom,

I noticed that too, and today's US stock action should keep that jinx streak alive. :?

smedlap
04-20-2005, 09:43 PM
I fund had no loss today! EAFE was down 0.5%.

Rod
04-20-2005, 09:45 PM
smedlap wrote:
I fund had no loss today! EAFE was down 0.5%.
Yeah, I was very happy to see that!:^

cowboy
04-20-2005, 09:50 PM
Hey Tom! Remember the old two days too early move that you and I have talked about in the past. Could it be again? I will watch the I tomorrow very closely. This bear does have claws.

tsptalk
04-20-2005, 09:58 PM
That's right. Wait 2 days before you do what I do.... Better make that 2 weeks. :)

cowboy
04-20-2005, 10:21 PM
You and I know we will probably be looking at different scenarios in two weeks and the flames may shift by then. We just have to :)our way thru it all.

cqsr63
04-21-2005, 12:04 PM
Tracking your every move as usual Tom......I always try to stay close to what you suggest. I have gone against the grain and done well a few times but have lost most of the time when I goon my own. I appreciate your assistance. Now...Ihave a question about one of the links on the first page of this site. It's a link which takes you to a page which talks about "Hedge Funds"....tell me honestly....is this a rip-off scheme?...If not how do you get into this type of investing?

Thanks...:)

tsptalk
04-21-2005, 01:31 PM
Hi cq -
I don't believe hedge funds are rip-offs at all. They can be risky but for the most part, they do well. You usually need some big bucks to get in.

CSI
04-21-2005, 02:07 PM
From what I hear, big corporations and investors are using hedge funds as a cushion against interest rate rises. Correct me if I'm all wet.

Swanee
04-23-2005, 11:11 AM
Mutual funds can't do all those neat things many traders would like to do; go short, swingor position trade, play the option game, write covered calls, etc, etc. Hedge funds can but you have to be a higherclass investor (not your lifestyle!!, your assets in the bank and your experience), like what the SEC calls a class 3 or 4. They want to make sure you can handle the hit if itcomes and not try to sue somebody because you couldn't absorb the risk. Have I got it right ? :shock:

tsptalk
04-23-2005, 11:51 AM
Welcome Swanee. Sounds right. Hedge funds can decide who they take and who they don't. I recently read James Cramer's autobiography. He talks about him starting andrunning hishedge funds. What a crazy life that would be. He finally quit the fund one day saying, I'm leaving while I can still walk out of here, rather being carried out.

grade1_step1
04-23-2005, 01:27 PM
I'm flat for now(100% G-fund). Since I'm 'scared' I'm going to miss the next uptrend, that means I should wait for further downside action. If I go against whatever emotion I am feeling, I usually do pretty good. As soon as I stop being afraid of missing the uptrend, and am afraid to get in because it looks like the market is going to 0.00, that's when I'll go 100% C & S. I do sometimes put in 20-50% when the market has several really bad days in a row to catch a bounce (like a week ago), but the TSP doesn't lend itself to quick trades very often.

Good luck all!

tsptalk
04-23-2005, 06:40 PM
grade1_step1 wrote:
If I go against whatever emotion I am feeling, I usually do pretty good.
That's exactly it!