PDA

View Full Version : The Men Who Built America

rcknfrewld
11-11-2012, 05:37 PM
This show on the History Channel is fascinating, it's on right now, about Rockefeller, Carnegie, Edison, Morgan, Ford......more fascinating would be a profile of all the people that really built America, you know the ones who built the roads and bridges....
I can't believe our president let this show on the air, he at least should have mandated that it be called The Men Who Didn't Build America

OBGibby
11-11-2012, 06:38 PM
Entertaining show, I've watched the first two episodes and have the rest saved on iTunes. A few minor quibbles with some of the history, but overall it's a good series. (The knocks on the president are becoming a bit tired, suggest you save your thoughts about Barry to legitimate compliants, of which there are many.)

OBGibby
11-11-2012, 06:47 PM
Shaky History Behind 'Men Who Built America' (http://www.realclearhistory.com/articles/2012/11/09/who_are_the_men_who_built_america_40.html) - Jeff Pantages, RCH

Show-me
11-11-2012, 07:43 PM
I found it interesting from the workers and citizens perspective. Like gasoline was a unusable by product that was dumped on the ground and rivers. Now we know why we have a EPA. I also like how the Frick increased profit for Carnegie by firing work and making the remaining workers work more hour at a lower wage. Now we know why we have a Unions, Dept. of Labor, and OSHA.

So if you have a open mind, it could looked like a pro-Obama show and the men that built America are the workers that built it all.

rcknfrewld
11-11-2012, 07:50 PM
What a shocker...the media is criticizing a show called, The Men Who Built America
I guess you're right....our poor old Barry has been through an awful lot...unlike the rest of us
I'll get off his back when he gets off mine....
No other Pres. has incited me to this degree
I'm getting tired, too, this will be the last dig....the show would have received rave reviews if it would have been called...The Men Who Built Birth Control

Show-me
11-11-2012, 08:18 PM
Tesla was the only one worthy of praise. He gave up his royalties to his AC motor to make a better world for mankind.

rcknfrewld
11-11-2012, 08:22 PM
I found it interesting from the workers and citizens perspective. Like gasoline was a unusable by product that was dumped on the ground and rivers. Now we know why we have a EPA. I also like how the Frick increased profit for Carnegie by firing work and making the remaining workers work more hour at a lower wage. Now we know why we have a Unions, Dept. of Labor, and OSHA.

So if you have a open mind, it could looked like a pro-Obama show and the men that built America are the workers that built it
all.

On closer thought you are exactly right, no open mind needed, the promotion of class warfare and the portraying of businessmen as evil greedy sobs, is very pro-Obama...I don't know how I missed it...thank you...I have more but I am starting to vomit as they mention Roosevelt

Show-me
11-11-2012, 08:31 PM
The media is about entertaining, that's why they chase ratings. It stopped about being reporting news and information years ago.

rcknfrewld
11-11-2012, 09:51 PM
If the media was about ratings.....then they would "lean" right like the highest rated network FOX does....instead they "lean" forward....clearly their agenda takes precedence

Just read some of your account talk.......good luck with everything

Show-me
11-12-2012, 08:06 AM
If the media was about ratings.....then they would "lean" right like the highest rated network FOX does....instead they "lean" forward....clearly their agenda takes precedence

Just read some of your account talk.......good luck with everything

Thank you. Feeling better, but I am cautious.

Think about this objectively, how many right leaning news networks are competing with Fox? Zero, so they get all of the right, some middle and even a little angry left. That drives the left nuts. Now how many left leaning news networks are competing for the left overs? Too many that spread out the rest of the viewers.