PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Any Interest In a Games section?

tsptalk
10-13-2012, 05:09 AM
I don't know if anyone would be interested in an arcade section of the forum with a bunch of different games, so I thought I'd ask.

Thanks!

James48843
10-13-2012, 06:22 AM
I thought that's what the Auto tracker section is.... :D

burrocrat
10-13-2012, 08:12 AM
i like games.

nnuut
10-13-2012, 08:15 AM
I quit school because they had recess, I don't play.:cheesy:

tsptalk
10-13-2012, 11:13 AM
I actually don't play video games, well I haven't for many years. PacMan, Defender, Asteroids, Frogger, were my games so it's been a while. I had never bought my kids video games (xbox, playstation, etc.) When my son wanted Guitar Hero, I bought him a guitar, which is now surgically attached to him. :)

I just saw that the arcade software for VB is the most used "plug-in" out of all of the plug-ins, and I have ignored it for years. I assume that means there is a lot of interest in games out there, so I thought I'd ask.

Good point, James. The AutoTracker. What's your high score? :D

nnuut, I'll see if they have a pool game for the winter. :)

Intrepid_Timer
10-13-2012, 12:40 PM
A poker game using real money would be nice. ;)

nnuut
10-13-2012, 12:42 PM
TANKS Tom. 20714

burrocrat
10-13-2012, 06:32 PM
when i was a kid, about the time missle command and asteroids came out, i won a pinball machine called skylab. it had the rotary dials for keeping score.

i stuffed the ballot box so to speak. everytime you broke the current hi score you got your name in the hat for the big drawing. so i would just keep breaking my old hi score and then tilt it off. i put a lot of quarters into that pinball. fortunately there was a pepsi machine by the opometrists office that could be coaxed to dispense multiple pepsis and your change back so the game lottery was basically free.

of course i had to finish my homework first, but after that i was on my own for a few hours. a budding little entrepenuer if you will. a lot of great ideas ocurred to me back then.

ps. all you haters i'm pretty sure the statute of limitations has run out on that one.

Aitrus
10-14-2012, 11:29 PM
A chess game would be cool to see as well some that the others have mentioned.

Another thought might be a separate forum for games. We could play games of risk, chess, and more post-by-post.

Frixxxx
10-15-2012, 07:02 AM
OMG, I used to be the Q-bert and Robotron champion of the world......But I beta test games in my "spare time". It might be fun to relive the old stuff!

tsptalk
10-15-2012, 04:05 PM
Sneak Peak!

I installed the Arcade software and I see 8 games there right now.

You can find the games by going to the "More" drop down menu above, and click "Arcade".

http://www.tsptalk.com/images/mb/arcade_link.gif

If it looks like something that is doable, I'll look to see if there are other games to add (which I believe there are) and promote it a little more.

If it seems worthless, or if it starts slowing the forum down, we'll just uninstall and life will go on.

Feedback appreciated but understand that I don't have the ability to change much of anything, but I haven't played with all of the settings yet.

Enjoy!

nnuut
10-15-2012, 04:23 PM
Let the Games begin!:D

burrocrat
10-15-2012, 06:03 PM
i rock tetris but it doesn't work from a phone, no arrow buttons. probably a good thing, i'd feel bad if i melted the server.

PessOptimist
10-16-2012, 10:47 PM
I play Tetris on my phone all the time. 1 rotates, 2 drops, left and right handled by other keys. Never give up hope. There is an app for that.

burrocrat
10-16-2012, 11:07 PM
I play Tetris on my phone all the time. 1 rotates, 2 drops, left and right handled by other keys. Never give up hope. There is an app for that.

my samsung galaxy doesn't have any keys and i can't figure out how to bring up the touchscreen keypad while the blocks are falling, it's like a ghost from my past haunting me now.

PessOptimist
10-16-2012, 11:29 PM
Got it. You bought a network interface device as opposed to a phone.