PDA

View Full Version : Last Man Standing NFL Pool 2012 (It's easy... and free!)

tsptalk
08-28-2012, 08:14 PM
Already signed up? Go to your account (http://runyourpool.com/myaccount.cfm)
Hi all -

I am starting another "Last Man Standing" NFL pool (the software I am using actually calls it a Survivor pool - same thing) for 2012 - 2013.

It's very easy - Here's how it works

You pick one team to win each week (no point spreads). If they lose, you are eliminated. A win or tie and you move on. The only catch is, you can't use the same team more than once during the year.

You must get your pick in by the weekly deadline - before the first game each Sunday. Early games must be picked before they start. All picks will be hidden until the game has begun (for early games) or the until the first game on Sunday.

If you fail to make a pick, you get the team that is the largest favorite for the week (that you have not used already).

Good luck to everyone. If you have any questions, please contact me via Private Message (PM) (http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/private.php?do=newpm&u=1) or contact us via email -http://www.tsptalk.com/images/email_support.gif, or use the "contact us" link in the menu on the left on www.tsptalk.com (http://www.tsptalk.com/).

— Tom Crowley
tsptalk
---------------------------------------------------------

Instructions for joining the pool entitled 'TSP Talk NFL Pool'

* If you were in last year, you just need to sign in and you should be ready to start. Login here... NFL Football Pools: Run Your Football Pool Online. Hosting Survivor, Pick 'Em, and Confidence pools. (http://runyourpool.com/)

* If you are new (didn't play last year) and are interested in joining the pool, please follow these steps:

1. Go to http://www.runyourpool.com/join.cfm (http://www.runyourpool.com/join.cfm)

2. Enter the following information:
a. In the Pool ID box, enter the number 13188
b. In the Pool Password box, enter 'tspnfl' (That's TSPNFL without the single quotes)

3. Fill out the form information, including a personalizing and password. (Rest assured, this information will NOT be sold or utilized for spam email under ANY circumstances.) Please try to incorporate your TSP Talk message board username in your Team Name in the pool so we know who you are... But non-TSP Talk members can join too.

4. Make your picks, with the ability to change them right up until the weekly deadline.

It's that easy. If you have any questions, let me know or e-mail runyourpool.com directly at support@runyourpool.com (support@runyourpool.com).

DEADLINE to SIGN UP: September 9, 2012 at 10:00 AM ET

1st Place (Last Man / Woman Standing) = $30 Amazon Gift Card and a TSP Talk Travel Mug

2nd and 3rd Place = TSP Talk Travel Mug

Be careful! 1 loss and you're out!

MaStA
08-28-2012, 08:47 PM
I'm in again this year! Is there any way to get a reminder sent out to everyone to remind us to pick each week? Thanks for running this again either way!

ILoveTDs
08-28-2012, 09:15 PM
Guess on what week we get a winner? My guess is week 12.

tsptalk
08-28-2012, 09:34 PM
I'm in again this year! Is there any way to get a reminder sent out to everyone to remind us to pick each week? Thanks for running this again either way!
I should remember to get a reminder out. There is a game on Wednesday the 5th so I will try to send a reminder on the 4th, and on the 7th (the Friday before the Sunday games).

MaStA
08-28-2012, 09:58 PM
I should remember to get a reminder out. There is a game on Wednesday the 5th so I will try to send a reminder on the 4th, and on the 7th (the Friday before the Sunday games).

Thanks! I have picked a team for week one so I'm set there and I'm subscribed to this thread to hopefully I'll remember by people replying to this. :)

burrocrat
08-29-2012, 10:48 PM
well that sucks. i'm in but my two most favoritest teams play each other the first week. i'm not even going to look at the spreads.

i've got to go with the steelers then. maybe pencilneck won't do so good running into the iron curtain.

Viva_La_Migra
08-29-2012, 11:51 PM
I'm in. Hope Eli "The Punk" Manning doesn't screw me over like he did last year!:o

weatherweenie
08-30-2012, 02:43 PM
You will lose. :toung:

tsptalk
09-04-2012, 07:40 PM

Just a reminder that there is a game on Wednesday that you can use, but if you don't pick that game, the deadline for joining is still Sunday 9/09/12 at 10 AM ET.

burrocrat
09-04-2012, 08:09 PM
I'm in. Hope Eli "The Punk" Manning doesn't screw me over like he did last year!:o

i used to know this bar in spokaloo that had 50 cent draft beers on game nights. we could bet a dollar, get two beers each and still break even. greatest scam on earth. give me a call of you're in the neighborhood.

ILoveTDs
09-04-2012, 09:09 PM
Spokaloo, never heard of it ... where you at? Or are you talking Spokane?

burrocrat
09-05-2012, 04:31 AM
Spokaloo, never heard of it ... where you at? Or are you talking Spokane?

i was talking spokane. i still get through there every once in a while. try the hillyard neighborhood for a true working man's take on things, although recent developement may be changing the local flavor.

ILoveTDs
09-05-2012, 08:24 AM
I always enjoyed a cold brew at Jack and Dans while stationed at Fairchild AFB.

WhoDey
09-05-2012, 05:24 PM
I'm in ... but my 11-year old son will be making all of "my" picks!

tsptalk
09-05-2012, 11:37 PM
Doh!

Viva_La_Migra
09-06-2012, 09:39 AM
Well, that one only lasted a few hours for me (lol).:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:
Tapped out, before the 1st Sunday of the season!

I see you fell victim to Eli Manning's inconsistencies. So sorry, but I tried to warn (http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/site-news-announcements/12902-last-man-standing-nfl-pool-2012-its-easy-free.html#post373354) you.:D

tsptalk
09-06-2012, 09:49 AM
FYI, I see someone is using the team name "tsptalk22". That's not me... For the record. :)

tsptalk
09-07-2012, 10:28 AM
Another reminder...

burrocrat
09-09-2012, 02:23 PM
i hope the steelers cream the broncos tonight.

and i don't mean just beat them, i'm talking smear them all over both sides of the field. up and down.

and i even like the broncos. but it would go a long way towards satisfying my wanderlust and making me feel like a winner instead of retreating into my internet hole and fighting with political ijots.

burrocrat
09-09-2012, 02:53 PM
i hope the steelers cream the broncos tonight.

and i don't mean just beat them, i'm talking smear them all over both sides of the field. up and down.

and i even like the broncos. but it would go a long way towards satisfying my wanderlust and making me feel like a winner instead of retreating into my internet hole and fighting with political ijots.

oops. i mistook the quote in front of the thread title for an asterisk. mods please relocate the blood lust.

konakathy
09-09-2012, 04:49 PM
oops. i mistook the quote in front of the thread title for an asterisk. mods please relocate the blood lust.

Darlin', the real blood lust is happenin' over in MJR's account talk. This is just sissy talk so far.

How 'bout those Texans! That dolphin massacre that happens in Japan ain't nothin' compared to today's game.

Good thing the Texans won or half of the pool would have been wiped out in the first week.

Good luck with the Steelers - weeeeeeak!

burrocrat
09-09-2012, 05:11 PM
Darlin', the real blood lust is happenin' over in MJR's account talk. This is just sissy talk so far.

How 'bout those Texans! That dolphin massacre that happens in Japan ain't nothin' compared to today's game.

Good thing the Texans won or half of the pool would have been wiped out in the first week.

Good luck with the Steelers - weeeeeeak!

i remember way back when. when jken harangued mike so much he ****ed up everybody's return. then he came out with his very own flip flop change the results after the deadline system. and promptly went running for the sidelines when the heavies checked in.

now you got pansies defending pansies and nobody can remember who threw the first punch.

not my problem. i just want to make some money. and see the the steelers break pencil neck manning. not necessarily in that order.

burrocrat
09-09-2012, 07:28 PM
it's sunday night. are you ready for some football?

burrocrat
09-09-2012, 10:34 PM
kuh rap. i'm not betting on the steelers again.

until next pool.

Kaufmanrider
09-10-2012, 05:22 AM
kuh rap. i'm not betting on the steelers again.

until next pool.

You and me both. :(

jkenjohnson
09-10-2012, 08:38 AM
i remember way back when. when jken harangued mike so much he ****ed up everybody's return. then he came out with his very own flip flop change the results after the deadline system. and promptly went running for the sidelines when the heavies checked in.

now you got pansies defending pansies and nobody can remember who threw the first punch.

not my problem. i just want to make some money. and see the the steelers break pencil neck manning. not necessarily in that order.

If you are talking about me, I did not run anywhere. I don't run from anybody, especially people like you. I quit posting because of all the hassles of trying to please everyone. I posted my signals when they changed, nothing more nothing less.

tsptalk
09-13-2012, 07:20 PM
I'm taking the Packers tonight. They went 8-0 at home last year and lost their 1st home game this year. Taking a chance they won't lose 2 in a row.

ILoveTDs
09-13-2012, 08:30 PM
Site won't let me make my pick, says the deadline has passed. Thought that was only if we wanted tonight's game?

tsptalk
09-13-2012, 10:05 PM
Site won't let me make my pick, says the deadline has passed. Thought that was only if we wanted tonight's game?
It may not allow picks while a game is on - not sure, but did you make a pick in the first game or use the default?

I had to pay this week, based on how many folks were in the pool so I deactivated any team (mostly leftovers from last year who didn't join this year) that did not make a pick in week 1. If you can't make a pick after tonight's game is over, PM me your team name and I'll make sure you are active.

tsptalk
09-13-2012, 11:13 PM
I'm taking the Packers tonight. They went 8-0 at home last year and lost their 1st home game this year. Taking a chance they won't lose 2 in a row.
Well, I'll see the rest of you survivors in week 3. :D

You know there's a big upset coming. Seems like every year, during week 1 or week 2, one big favorite loses wiping out a huge chunk of the field.

tsptalk
09-14-2012, 01:55 PM
A reminder to get your picks in before the games start on Sunday.

If anyone is having trouble, it may be because I deactivated all of the accounts that did not make a pick during week one. So if you just took the default team last week and now can't make a pick, you may be one of those accounts that need to be adjusted.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I had to pay for the pool and the price is based on how many people are in the pool. Since last year's accounts were still shown on their site, they were charging me for them whether or not these accounts were playing this year, so I went in and deactivated those accounts.

If you are one of them, let me know ASAP via PM or email and I will activate the account. After Sunday though, it will be too late.

MaStA
09-16-2012, 03:02 PM
Not looking good for the 75 people that picked the Patriots including myself...

Viva_La_Migra
09-17-2012, 09:31 AM
Well, I'll see the rest of you survivors in week 3. :D

You know there's a big upset coming. Seems like every year, during week 1 or week 2, one big favorite loses wiping out a huge chunk of the field.

Patriots!:D So sorry to those who picked them. Only 47 of us left.;) I'm lucky to be one of them. I very nearly picked the Pats, but decided to risk it with the Giants. Fortunately, I don't have to worry about Eli Manning again, unless I chose a team he's playing against.

tsptalk
09-17-2012, 09:46 AM
Last year's winner is out - my son. Another victim of the Pats. :)

WhoDey
09-17-2012, 02:16 PM
My 11-year old son is making my picks. I tried to talk him into picking the Patriots, but he insisted on going with the Bengals, so we're still alive. I should run my investment decisions by him!

tsptalk
09-23-2012, 05:46 PM
27 more eliminated already today, including me. Good luck to the survivors!

Intrepid_Timer
09-23-2012, 05:48 PM
27 more eliminated already today, including me. Good luck to the survivors!

Who woulda thunk the Saints would lose three in a row.............and be at home! Crazy................... :(

OBGibby
09-23-2012, 07:29 PM
Bummy Steelers did me in. After the Saints took out the vast majority of the remaining players I thought I was sitting pretty! Oh well, next year!

Viva_La_Migra
09-28-2012, 12:13 PM
Took the early game this week and survived. The Ravens tried their best to give the game to the Browns, but still managed to squeak out a win.

konakathy
09-28-2012, 12:23 PM
Took the early game this week and survived. The Ravens tried their best to give the game to the Browns, but still managed to squeak out a win.

Me too. It'll be interesting to see how many of us are left after the weekend.

konakathy
10-08-2012, 12:25 PM
Yes! Still in the game.

14 left standing.

pog mo thoin ;)

tsptalk
10-08-2012, 12:32 PM
Congrats to the 14 left standing! Keep the game going!

WhoDey
10-08-2012, 12:37 PM
Yep ... one of the remaining 14!

Pill
10-08-2012, 04:10 PM
Thanks Tom, I'm still standing for now. Its fun I'm grateful you started this up.

Viva_La_Migra
10-09-2012, 09:27 AM
Congrats to the 14 left standing! Keep the game going!
Lost out this week. Bummer. That's what I get for taking chances on a mediocre team!:embarrest: DAMN BENGALS! They should be called the fluffy kittens!

tom1tom1
10-14-2012, 07:57 PM
Happy to be in the final 7. Thanks Tom for having this pool, makes it a lot of fun especially when you get as lucky as me.

tsptalk
11-04-2012, 06:47 PM
We went down to 4 last weekend, and all 4 survived again this week. On to week 10! Good luck!!

tsptalk
11-15-2012, 12:11 PM
Down to 3! You're all in the money so you'll all get a travel mug. You're now playing for the top spot and the $30 Amazon Gift Card.

If there's a tie I'll send $15 gift cards. ;)

grandma
11-18-2012, 08:33 PM
Down to 3! You're all in the money so you'll all get a travel mug. You're now playing for the top spot and the $30 Amazon Gift Card.
If there's a tie I'll send $15 gift cards. ;)
Thank you, Tom. I must confess that earlier this afternoon I knew I would be sending congratulatory notes to Daniel and Flg; but somehow the Cowboys did an OT win, barely. :DSo we are still three.... And I know we all three are each hoping the teams we each have left in the docket from will be the ones needed in these coming weeks!
Thank you again -
-and a Wonderful Thanksgiving to everyone...

tsptalk
11-28-2012, 08:33 PM
The final 3 are making this look easy. All 3 survived week 12. Good luck in lucky week #13. ;)

ILoveTDs
11-29-2012, 10:19 AM
Guess on what week we get a winner? My guess is week 12.

So much for my prediction.

grandma
11-29-2012, 04:40 PM
So much for my prediction.
ILTD: no doubt that was a 'Typo,' and was really supposed to read Week 13.. :)
...cuz I am TOTALLY flummoxed on what to do this week!:blink:
Good luck to both Daniel & fllg .....

grandma
12-02-2012, 10:21 PM
Ahh, so - it is Congratulations to both Daniel and Flg, theirs to battle out the next 4 games.... !! I'm out...

-what game is next, Tom? :D

tsptalk
12-02-2012, 10:31 PM
Congratulations, grandma, on a great season!

PM me your shipping info and I'll get the mug out to you this week.

Down to the final two!

tom1tom1
12-02-2012, 11:04 PM
Congrats Grandma, you get a mug. I made final 4 but guess thats just good for an atta boy. Thanks Tom for contest , really enjoyed it

grandma
12-08-2012, 01:52 PM
Tom, the mug is here, very sleek! Thank you again!
-grandma-

tsptalk
12-13-2012, 12:52 PM
Easy game! The remaining 2 players in the Last Man Standing Pool both won their 14th game in a row last weekend. Wow!

If they had bet a $1 on the first game and let it ride for the next 13 games, they'd be up $16,383 at this point. That's assuming even odds on all games, but that wouldn't be the case since they are most likely taking the favorites each time. Either way, their dollar would be worth a lot more today. :)

Nordic
12-14-2012, 09:40 AM
Easy game! The remaining 2 players in the Last Man Standing Pool both won their 14th game in a row last weekend. Wow!

If they had bet a $1 on the first game and let it ride for the next 13 games, they'd be up $16,383 at this point. That's assuming even odds on all games, but that wouldn't be the case since they are most likely taking the favorites each time. Either way, their dollar would be worth a lot more today. :)

Congratulations to the last two standing, very impressive to win that many games in a row...it's tougher than it looks! Congrats to Grandma on her mug, well done.

tsptalk
12-16-2012, 03:02 PM
Two more wins from the remaining 2. Onto week 15...

grandma
12-30-2012, 08:24 PM
Congratulations to Daniel & Flg22, for tying it right through to the end!!

tsptalk
12-30-2012, 08:56 PM
Congrats to the winners! I'll send you each an email about claiming your prizes.

Thanks for playing, everybody!

ILoveTDs
01-01-2013, 03:14 PM
Very Impressive.