PDA

View Full Version : Bad News = Good News

Dave M
03-24-2005, 11:24 AM
Today strikes me as an instance of the triumph of mood or psychology. Oil remains high, we just had another rate hike by the Fed, and bad news out of Houston/Baytown. Nonetheless the indices are up, slightly. In other words the fundamentals are unchanged, we have had a down week so far, and today the market is up.

Has anything changed? Tom, is this a case-study for your thesis?

Dave

tsptalk
03-24-2005, 02:28 PM
The markets don't usually go straight up or straight down. It's typical for the day prior to a holiday to be higher. It is a low volume advance so far so I don't read much into as far as it being a turnaround day. On the contrary, I could be wrong but I believe this is a short term trap. The last week in march is usually weak.

I hope that answeredyour question.

Tom

tsptalk
03-24-2005, 02:42 PM
With 20 minutes to go (smart money), the Dow just went negative and the S&P is about flat. Ugly! I can't help think we need one more swoosh! down before we can put in a bottom.

The_Technician
07-20-2005, 12:30 PM
Thought came to mind about the "tolerance" by investors of the current market....

Seeing that the market has scrapped through several bad events lately, I was just wondering onhow muchinvestors confidence has been pumped up due to the markets resilience lately........

Does this make investors so confident that they believe the market could stay up through any bad news???? ;)

Do nvestors who have this attitude, open themselves up to being taken by holding their investments too long???;)

Have you checked your own personal attitude lately???:D

Keeping your head is vitally important....especially now at this time for the next several months......don't get caught flatfooted!!!:shock:

:^