PDA

View Full Version : Ticker symbols for C, S and I Funds

macdtrader
03-20-2005, 11:42 PM
Ticker symbol"SPX" tracks the S&P 500 index or C Fund and "DWCP" tracks the Wilshire 4500 Completion IndexorS Fund. Does anyone know of a ticker symbol to track the EAFE (in US Dollars) Index or I Fund? The closestticker I have found is "EFA" for the I Shares Trust EAFE tracking stock. However, "EFA"seems to move in the opposite direction to the EAFE (in US Dollars) Index at various times and is not as reliablein tracking the EAFE as SPX and DWCP are in tracking the S&P 500 and the Wilshire 4500.

tsptalk
03-21-2005, 12:20 AM
macdtrader wrote:
The closestticker I have found is "EFA" for the I Shares Trust EAFE tracking stock. However, "EFA"seems to move in the opposite direction to the EAFE (in US Dollars) Index at various times and is not as reliablein tracking the EAFE as SPX and DWCP are in tracking the S&P 500 and the Wilshire 4500.

Welcome mac -
That's the best intra-day quote we have found. Someone had posted an interesting formula here recently butI can't find the post right now.

This site... http://www.msci.com/equity/index2.html, has an end of day quote that is about as accurate as they come but its data is usually not updated until after the I fund share price is updated. Not exactly what you were looking for.

Rolo
03-21-2005, 07:12 PM
Perhaps you should add all of those to the FAQ.

tsptalk
03-21-2005, 09:42 PM
It seems people ask first, then go to FAQ, if at all. How many times have you heard the contribution / interfund transfer allocation question? I still get it everyday via email.

I do the same thing though, on other sites. I want instant answers with as little work on my part as possible. :) Human nature I guess.

Rolo
03-21-2005, 09:46 PM
Just tell them to FAQ off! :D

tgrmike
03-23-2005, 07:48 AM
The following site tracks the I Fund http://www.msci.com/equity/index2.html

However, I believe someone has screwed up. It should be up .23 (.4 Cents) not down .14 cents.

sailor
03-28-2005, 11:46 AM
Will this index show a chart in the morning so we can see what direction the fund is going before the cut off time to transfer funds? When I checked all I could get was the daily and MTD return.

Thanks

Sailor