PDA

View Full Version : Barchart.com?

bmwnasa
03-17-2005, 04:59 PM
I noticed that you have up to date Indices for NYSE, Nasdaq, and EAFE, etc. I think it would be useful to have a similar feature but instead show the five funds. I realize that the I Fund follows the EAFE and the other funds have theircounterparts. Simply showing the up-to-date EAFE percentages labeled the I fund and theWilshire 4500 index as the S Fund, etcwould be useful.

What do you think?

Brett

tsptalk
03-17-2005, 06:31 PM
For some reason there is a big charge (like $1200 / yr each) for quotes of theDow andS&P 500. I used to get theWilshire 4500 but it was disabled. They probably also wanted money.

Maybe some day, if/when I make this a pay site.

bmwnasa
03-18-2005, 02:55 PM
Let's not throw the "pay site" bomb just yet. I was just curious.

I have a strong computer background so I know it's feasible and would take relatively little effort. I've seen PHP scripts that will grab stock quotes and information from Yahoo Finance, but I do not know web site policies. Does anyone know if Yahoo allows other web sites to use their information if referenced appropriately?

Obviously, I wouldn't wantto do anything unethical. I'd also be willing to help out implementing any features.

Brett

tsptalk
03-27-2005, 12:06 AM
bmwnasa wrote:
I'd also be willing to help out implementing any features.

Brett

Thanks! I might take you up on that Brett. I am looking to make some improvements and I may need some help. I'll contact you if I need some help.

Tom

bmwnasa
03-27-2005, 07:45 PM
I noticed you have the charts from Yahoo. I like 'em. When did you get them?

Brett

tsptalk
03-27-2005, 07:58 PM
I saw another site using them so I decided to try it.

grandma
03-27-2005, 08:46 PM
tsptalk wrote:
...so I decided to try it.Very nice !