PDA

View Full Version : TSP Talk Mug Shots!

burrocrat
06-30-2012, 07:30 PM
TSP Talk Mug Shots (http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/vbtube.php?do=cat&id=13&o=0&t=tsp-talk-mug-shots&page=0)

----------------------------------------------------------------

I don't have a tsptalk coffee cup yet. But i plan to whine and cry or else pay a princely sum until i do.

Then i'm going to take it everywhere i go and snap photos of it having a good time.

Do you have a tsptalk coffee mug (or other logo'd gear)?

Post pics here. Or else post them in the media thread where they belong. But tell the story here.

Oooh, goody goody, this is going to be so much fun.

Boghie
07-01-2012, 12:47 PM
Burro,

You are really grinding for that coffee cup:p.

Like you, I will never buy it - I want to earn it. That is only one way to really get one. Always seem to come up short - maybe I'll start market timing events like this past Friday;).

More likely, I'll be partly in and move all in early enough to catch a wave the true market timers don't have confidence in. I should be in range at least once in the next decade or so:nuts:.

Viva_La_Migra
07-02-2012, 08:32 AM
I don't have a tsptalk coffee cup yet. But i plan to whine and cry or else pay a princely sum until i do.

Then i'm going to take it everywhere i go and snap photos of it having a good time.

Post pics here. Or else post them in the media thread where they belong. But tell the story here.

Oooh, goody goody, this is going to be so much fun.

I earned a coffee mug earlier this year, but I've bought a couple as well. Tom charges a fair price for them and they last a long time, as long as someone doesn't steal it like they did one of mine. :mad:

burrocrat
07-03-2012, 12:03 AM
I earned a coffee mug earlier this year, but I've bought a couple as well. Tom charges a fair price for them and they last a long time, as long as someone doesn't steal it like they did one of mine. :mad:

Wha? You got more than one cup? No wonder somebody stole it.

I usually leave mine (non-tsp) on a fencepost opening a gate or climbing through wire and then after i get thirsty remember exactly where but by then it would cost more time than the coffee was worth to retrieve and it's never still there when i get down that road again. Time is taxpayer money you know.

So where's the pics?

Sensei
07-04-2012, 01:09 AM
All right, burro. I'll kick this thing off for ya. I won my mug in March 2011. Here's two shots of it in beautiful Okinawa, Japan.

First, with the Shisa (lion dog) statue at the entrance to my estate:p:

...and now at Cape Maeda, where I went snorkeling today.

Happy 4th of July!

burrocrat
07-04-2012, 02:08 AM
All right, burro. I'll kick this thing off for ya. I won my mug in March 2011. Here's two shots of it in beautiful Okinawa, Japan.

First, with the Shisa (lion dog) statue at the entrance to my estate:p:

...and now at Cape Maeda, where I went snorkeling today.

Happy 4th of July!

Suh weet. That's like an island paradise over there it looks like, and the coffee cup ain't half bad neither.

I don't have access to either one, yet.

What's up with the lion entrance? Is that like feng sheui or somthing?

Nice work man, outstanding.

Sensei
07-04-2012, 08:07 AM
Suh weet. That's like an island paradise over there it looks like, and the coffee cup ain't half bad neither.

I don't have access to either one, yet.

What's up with the lion entrance? Is that like feng sheui or somthing?

Nice work man, outstanding.
Yeah, it is an island paradise here. Sometimes I grow a mustache and wear a Detroit Tigers hat even though I'm from LA, and I pretend my white minivan is a red Ferrari while I drive around trying to solve crimes. My friends think I'm crazy when I call them names like "TC", "Rick", and "Higgins". But I don't care, as long as "that little voice inside my head" doesn't get me into too much trouble...

The lions are there to protect from evil entering the home. The Japanese have a lot of superstitions, and the Okinawans even more so. The shisa (shee-saa) actually come from Chinese culture. A lot of Chinese influence here, as Okinawa was the hub of trade between China and Japan back when it was known as the Kingdom of Ryukyu. Anyway, yeah. That's why we have lions...

burrocrat
07-04-2012, 09:26 AM
Out in my neck of the plains folks usually just keep a remington 12 ga pump close to ward off evil at the door. Must be pretty effective because not many evil spirits come to the door round here.

But i might end up in a less rural place sometime where that activity is frowned on, do they make minature shisas a person could put on a side table just inside an apartment door? And where would i find one?

Chinatown i suppose, but how will i know which one is right for me?

tsptalk
07-04-2012, 03:36 PM

I absolutely love this idea. I'm sorry that I missed it when it was first posted.

Let's call it something like, "TSP Talk Mug Shots" - :D (do you mind if I change the title of this thread, burro?)

Here's my mug looking out over the Wasatch Front Mountains / Valley:

http://www.tsptalk.com/images/mb/mug_shot.gif

burrocrat
07-04-2012, 04:02 PM
Let's call it something like, "TSP Talk Mug Shots"

Your house, your rules. This site rules!

Strange, i never wanted my mug shot taken until now. How do i get one of those?

I tried the whole investing prowess thing but then the I fund done run me over. It was close though, i'll just live vicariously for now.

tsptalk
07-04-2012, 04:35 PM
Your house, your rules. This site rules!

Strange, i never wanted my mug shot taken until now. How do i get one of those?

I tried the whole investing prowess thing but then the I fund done run me over. It was close though, i'll just live vicariously for now.
Check under your pillow early next week. ;)

If not for your 6.92% gain in June, then for this great idea for a thread!

PessOptimist
07-04-2012, 04:42 PM
Those are some nice looking cups but the down side is they get all sparkly when heating the morning coffee in the microwave from the weekly pot you make Monday.

Maybe there is a model with no shiny stuff?

I usually leave my coffee cups in wiring closets, fiber panels, under raised floors or in vacant cubicles. Along with my notebook and pencil. They eventually get found.

burrocrat
07-04-2012, 09:24 PM
Check under your pillow early next week.

Wheeeeee! Wheee wheeee wheeeeeeeeee!

mayday
07-04-2012, 09:54 PM
Wheeeeee! Wheee wheeee wheeeeeeeeee!

Tom came through didn't he burrocrat?

burrocrat
07-05-2012, 01:03 PM
Those are some nice looking cups but the down side is they get all sparkly when heating the morning coffee in the microwave from the weekly pot you make Monday.

Maybe there is a model with no shiny stuff?

I usually leave my coffee cups in wiring closets, fiber panels, under raised floors or in vacant cubicles. Along with my notebook and pencil. They eventually get found.

You can have my old one if you want PO. There is no exposed metal so i figure what the magic tesla countertop cooker can't see won't hurt it.

Frixxxx
07-05-2012, 03:22 PM
Wait,

Lemme get this straight. You 'bought' a couple? Now, being a computer guy myself, I don't normally miss things on this site, BUT, I can't seem to find the store on here. Tom, could you provide the location of said store?

OBGibby
07-05-2012, 06:50 PM
Whew...Was afraid I was going to lay eyes on some fugly TSPTalker mug shots, complete with unruly hair, bloodshot eyes, three day growth stubble...Luckily it just turned out to be some coffee mugs.

tsptalk
07-05-2012, 06:53 PM
Wait,

Lemme get this straight. You 'bought' a couple? Now, being a computer guy myself, I don't normally miss things on this site, BUT, I can't seem to find the store on here. Tom, could you provide the location of said store?
I was selling them for a while, but I took the links down. Although it's nice for advertising purposes, I don't make much money on them, and I got tired of going to the Post office a few times a week. <-- lazy! :D

I will be shipping out the June winners tomorrow (been waiting for some to respond) so if any one wants one or more, they can order it here...

TSP Talk Travel Mugs (http://www.tsptalk.com/mugs.html). I'll get them in the mail on Friday.

nasa1974
07-05-2012, 09:08 PM
I was selling them for a while, but I took the links down. Although it's nice for advertising purposes, I don't make much money on them, and I got tired of going to the Post office a few times a week. <-- lazy! :D

I will be shipping out the June winners tomorrow (been waiting for some to respond) so if any one wants one or more, they can order it here...

TSP Talk Travel Mugs (http://www.tsptalk.com/mugs.html). I'll get them in the mail on Friday.

What a great offer Tom. Thanks. I think I wiil what for next opportunity and start saving my pennies now. I am retired. :D

nasa1974
07-05-2012, 09:11 PM
You can have my old one if you want PO. There is no exposed metal so i figure what the magic tesla countertop cooker can't see won't hurt it.

That's one ugly mug. Innovative, but ugly. Glad Tom isn't selling any of those. ;)

burrocrat
07-05-2012, 09:41 PM
That's one ugly mug. Innovative, but ugly. Glad Tom isn't selling any of those. ;)

Hey, don't laugh. It's an old trick my basketball coach taught me when i used to be terrible at freethrows. He said get a routine, do it the same way every time, and visualize success.

So for a while now i've been getting up every morning and making coffee, putting it in a to go cup, and most importantly pretending it was a tsptalk mug. Seems to have worked, so there.

Ugly? did i mention it also comes in blue?

nasa1974
07-05-2012, 09:46 PM
LOL

Viva_La_Migra
07-06-2012, 09:18 AM
Hey, don't laugh. It's an old trick my basketball coach taught me when i used to be terrible at freethrows. He said get a routine, do it the same way every time, and visualize success.

So for a while now i've been getting up every morning and making coffee, putting it in a to go cup, and most importantly pretending it was a tsptalk mug. Seems to have worked, so there.

Ugly? did i mention it also comes in blue?

I wonder if we could get Tom to put some T shirts up for sale using the same approach? Anyone got a magic marker? ;)

konakathy
07-06-2012, 12:12 PM
Hey! Those mugs are kinda cute! Do they come in pink? :D

tsptalk
07-06-2012, 03:13 PM
No, but I think I have a pink T-shirt. :)

Viva_La_Migra
07-06-2012, 05:21 PM
No, but I think I have a pink T-shirt. :)
Accidentally wash a white shirt with a red sock, did ya?:D

tsptalk
07-06-2012, 06:01 PM
I kept one in stock in case burro ever won. :laugh:

Just kidding burro. Your [black] mug is on its way.

burrocrat
07-06-2012, 06:41 PM
I kept one in stock in case burro ever won. :laugh:

that's funny. send me the pink shirt too and i promise to wear it on breast cancer awareness day next year in a biiiiiig office.

Mista_Magee
07-07-2012, 02:38 AM
Konakathy,

Which of the Big Island Bee's Honey tastes more like traditional (regular) honey. Thinking of ordering and don't want one that's too exotic, flavorful, etc. Don't want the samplers either. Thanks.

tsptalk
07-07-2012, 11:51 AM
I created a new "TSP Talk Mug Shots" category in the images portion of the Media section.

Categories - TSP Talk Forums (http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/vbtube.php?do=list&ctype=2)

If you don't mind, let's put the Mug Shots there as burrocrat originally mentioned.

Thanks!

burrocrat
07-07-2012, 04:08 PM
So it's summertime which is the perfect time to go on a road trip. Remember when your dad would stop by the side of the road and make everybody get out and take some silly picture in front of the 'welcome to (insert name here) sign on the interstate?

If you have any tsptalk branded gear then get your butt out there, burn some gas, take the picture, learn how to post over in the new media area already, and get it done.

Let's see how soon we can cross off all 50 states and however many territories.

I'll pick up a dozen or so before the fall just for gits and shiggles. I dare you to beat me to it.

burrocrat
07-09-2012, 08:43 PM
Thank you Tom.

I just got my tsptalk coffee mug in the mail today. I couldn't wait to get home and put in on the shelf next to my son's baseball trophys. This thing is soooo shiny.

I don't even dare drink coffee out of it i think. Would hate to sully it. It even came in a box inside a box, like some russian nesting doll. I swear when i opened it i heard the angels sing, whaaaaaa. Like i found the holy grail or something. Cool.

I'm going to have to win another one to drink out of and buy some expensive coffee.

Sensei
07-10-2012, 03:03 AM
Lookin' forward to the pics, burro. (Also still looking for a good shisa for you).

For Tom: Is there a way to make the images link more prominent in the forum? It doesn't exactly jump out at me when I check the recent activity. And I want to be sure I don't miss any of the TSP mug action shots! ;)

(edit: OK, I see that if I scroll down beyond the top 20 stats, the images are pretty prominent along the right-hand side. I guess I just don't scroll down often enough. :rolleyes:)

tsptalk
07-10-2012, 08:49 AM
Lookin' forward to the pics, burro. (Also still looking for a good shisa for you).

For Tom: Is there a way to make the images link more prominent in the forum? It doesn't exactly jump out at me when I check the recent activity. And I want to be sure I don't miss any of the TSP mug action shots! ;)

(edit: OK, I see that if I scroll down beyond the top 20 stats, the images are pretty prominent along the right-hand side. I guess I just don't scroll down often enough. :rolleyes:)
Yeah, the sidebar. There is also the Mug Shots link in the "Media" drop down menu above. If this becomes popular, and I hope it does, I will give it its own, more prominent button similar to the AutoTracker botton above.

burrocrat
07-10-2012, 08:35 PM
Nice new pics over in the media area. I'm swamped at work right now and my road trip plans have changed, but i'll sneak my mug shot in there somewhere, sometime.

Some random observations:

Now i finally get uscfanhawaii's username, it took me a while.
Mike must be good at this investing stuff.
Nnuut's wife looks good in a pool but could use a shave.

nnuut
07-11-2012, 07:48 AM
Some random observations:

Nnuut's wife looks good in a pool but could use a shave.
Been trying to get her to pluck out those whiskers, but you know how women are.:toung:

burrocrat
07-11-2012, 08:27 AM
Been trying to get her to pluck out those whiskers, but you know how women are.:toung:

You're a good sport man. In about 20 years i hope i can rock a tan like that. That's when i plan to not work on maggie's farm no more.

nnuut
07-11-2012, 09:32 AM
You're a good sport man. In about 20 years i hope i can rock a tan like that. That's when i plan to not work on maggie's farm no more.
I have countless Bourbon and Cokes invested in that tan, it's not easy. Plowing the south 40 can get old, retire has no W-O-R-K in it!;)

burrocrat
07-13-2012, 08:10 AM
C'mon frixxxx, you don't really leave that shiny cup on the roof of your car every morning when you leave for work do you?

i only do that sometimes.

And how did you get tom to issue the new mugs in an exact color match of your paint scheme? You must have some pull or something.

Frixxxx
07-13-2012, 08:23 AM
C'mon frixxxx, you don't really leave that shiny cup on the roof of your car every morning when you leave for work do you? Nah, It's aerodynamic and all, but I gotta drink my coffee in the morning.

i only do that sometimes. I see a new thread topic!:toung:

And how did you get tom to issue the new mugs in an exact color match of your paint scheme? You must have some pull or something.
Too funny! Actually, my car is more Air Force blue then black (like the mug). Yesterday (and today) is the rare condition of rain down here in sunny SoCal. I'll get a better pic with the sun setting over the lake next week.

nnuut
07-13-2012, 09:05 AM
My Coffee in the morning shot!
Every Morning Muggie and me, in the afternoon is another Pic! (http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/vbtube_show.php?tubeid=296&name=every-morning-muggie-me-afternoon-another-pic)

tsptalk
07-13-2012, 09:59 AM
Nice shots guys! Thanks for sharing!

nnuut
07-13-2012, 11:03 AM
Nice shots guys! Thanks for sharing!
There will be more from me now that I'm a Muggie!

burrocrat
07-16-2012, 12:00 AM
Nice mug shots tom. That's two down now.

How did you get two different coffee cups? Owning even just one is still illegal in utah isn't it?

All fifty states might be a problem though, i don't remember seeing a 'welcome to hawaii' sign on the interstate last time i drove there. Maybe konakathy can confirm.

tsptalk
07-16-2012, 12:15 AM
i don't remember seeing a 'welcome to hawaii' sign on the interstate last time i drove there. Maybe konakathy can confirm.
When you drive past the "You are now leaving California" sign, keep going a couple thousand miles. You can't miss it.

burrocrat
07-16-2012, 12:29 AM
When you drive past the "You are now leaving California" sign, keep going a couple thousand miles. You can't miss it.

Oh no, i'm not falling for that one again. It took me forever to afford insurance after the last time.

I like to stop and pee on one of the legs of those signs ever since i dropped through the uintahs into flaming gorge from wyoming and saw a spray paint modified one that said 'yep urine utah'.

True story.

PessOptimist
07-16-2012, 01:45 AM
FWIW since it is a point of interest at work, we refer to it as "flaming George".

uscfanhawaii
07-16-2012, 01:46 AM
Nice mug shots tom. That's two down now.

How did you get two different coffee cups? Owning even just one is still illegal in utah isn't it?

All fifty states might be a problem though, i don't remember seeing a 'welcome to hawaii' sign on the interstate last time i drove there. Maybe konakathy can confirm.

C'mon BC! I already posted a Hawaii mug shot. And, yes, we have interstate highways here. 3 actually. H-1, H-2 and H-3! :blink:

burrocrat
07-16-2012, 02:13 AM
C'mon BC! I already posted a Hawaii mug shot. And, yes, we have interstate highways here. 3 actually. H-1, H-2 and H-3! :blink:

Yeah yeah yeah, i know. You got a condo in hawaii and frixxxx has a shiny car in california and nnuut has a pool in georgia, but none of those count, it's got to be an official road sign, preferably a 'welcome to' one. But we could settle for any road sign with the state name on it. I am older and wiser now so i don't even think about stealing them anymore, just take pictures instead. It's like hunting, only without the whole kill it skin it eat it hunting part.

Maybe they have something that would do the trick as you leave the airport? Or down at the docks where they ship all the cars in? Port authorities love signs you know.

Not to discourage all the other cool pics too, but i'm working on my tsptalk roadtrip passport scrapbook and i need your help.

burrocrat
07-17-2012, 07:50 PM
I'm still buried at work but i have plans to make a run for the border this weekend or next week. I feel a little guilty because tom gave me this cool cup for free. I still haven't drank out of it. I put it back in its' box and keep it behind the seat now. Makes me feel like i driving around in a cadillac, sort of. I've never driven around in a cadillac but i bet this is how it feels.

I so bad want to be a muggie too.

PessOptimist
07-18-2012, 12:30 AM
I'm still buried at work but i have plans to make a run for the border this weekend or next week. I feel a little guilty because tom gave me this cool cup for free. I still haven't drank out of it. I put it back in its' box and keep it behind the seat now. Makes me feel like i driving around in a cadillac, sort of. I've never driven around in a cadillac but i bet this is how it feels.

I so bad want to be a muggie too.

Buried at work? Sounds like there is some commonality with my experiences lately. Is it the end of the FY?

Driving a Cadillac? I did that during the brief period of my Dad's prosperity in the 60s. 1962 model 62 convertible coupe. 390 CI 325 HP 4 speed hydramatic. Nail it from stop in D and it left 30 feet of the right rear on the pavement. DO NOT try to drive fast on a twisty road. Nice car, over rated, coulda had an Olds with the same options.

Now, something called CTS for a years wage? Why would I know.

Which border? I can't remember where you're at.

Actually those signs say "check point ahead - all traffic must stop". Both entering and exiting the state. Not sure I remember seeing one at RAT Beach. Maybe the sign is up in sannamonicah.

Too funny! Actually, my car is more Air Force blue then black (like the mug). Yesterday (and today) is the rare condition of rain down here in sunny SoCal. I'll get a better pic with the sun setting over the lake next week.

FYI, the color's official name is Astra Blue. I used to have the color number and the NSN for everything from spray cans to 5GL. Mis spent youth on small installations where you do your job plus be VCNCO.

Gotta go, work tomorrow, or more correctly training. Got to see some really cool vids today about arc flash and protective grounds.

Seriously, if any of you ever deal with opening panels from 120 , 480 to 50 kV, think about and wear PPE if in doubt. Especially if investigating a fault. If there is a superior around who insists on opening it, let the superior open it and stand back. Rember the MAD.

Tom, what does the mug provider call the color?

I hope this post does not get anyone banned. If my posts do get anyone banned, is it for ever?

Tomorrow I get to blow the dummy and try to remember whatever the CPR count is this year.

PO

burrocrat
07-18-2012, 07:22 AM
Which border?

Sometimes i can't remember where i'm at either. But that's usually on purpose, it's a coping mechanism they tell me. Whatever that means.

burrocrat
07-18-2012, 07:47 AM
Can your posts get someone else banned? I don't think so, it's a personal responsibility thing. But your posts can definately get you banned, trust me on that one (get it? Uban? Like the coffee? Just trying to stay on topic here).

Like my dad used to say 'if you did it you will pay, if someone else encouraged you to do something stupid and you were dumb enough to do it you will pay', pretty simple right? Mom on the other hand had a bit different take on things 'if you are riding around in a car and everybody else but you is throwing eggs you will pay'. But mom... 'no buts about it if you were there when it happened you pay'.

Can you get banned permanently? That would be up to tom i suppose, but birchtree might be able to answer that one.

Viva_La_Migra
07-18-2012, 08:38 AM
Tomorrow I get to blow the dummy and try to remember whatever the CPR count is this year.

PO
If you're blowing the dummy, you're doing something wrong!:sick: Just remember it's the Heimlich maneuver, not the hind lick maneuver!:nuts:

nasa1974
07-18-2012, 09:20 AM
Gotta go, work tomorrow, or more correctly training. Got to see some really cool vids today about arc flash and protective grounds.

Yep, saw many of those videos in training sessions.

Seriously, if any of you ever deal with opening panels from 120 , 480 to 50 kV, think about and wear PPE if in doubt. Especially if investigating a fault. If there is a superior around who insists on opening it, let the superior open it and stand back. Rember the MAD.

Long beforecurrent required PPE and "arc flash" safety we used to reinstall 2400V fuses into an energized buss wearing high voltage gloves and a hotstick.

PO

New proceedures do not require mouth-to-mouth just CPR but at a little faster pace then previously taught.

burrocrat
07-18-2012, 10:34 PM
Oh yeah, i'm a muggie now! Don't you want to be a muggie too?

tsptalk
07-18-2012, 11:08 PM
That's 3! (state signs). Which state were you leaving?

burrocrat
07-19-2012, 06:49 AM
That's 3! (state signs). Which state were you leaving?

I was in a state of bliss. Still am. And i'm not leaving.

burrocrat
07-28-2012, 09:02 PM
So north dakota is down. 4 / 50 = <10%. Seriously? Either y'alls too tight to win one, too cheap to buy one, or too lazy to drive. It was a nice day for a drive.

I hear them ND boys can grow some grain. Which is like food, except without the plastic processed wrapper you get at the store. But crops attract pheasants. Which attracts good ole boys with shotguns. Which explains if you look closely why the capital N and D is peppered with lead shot. That bird must've been flyin fast cause there weren't no feathers 'round.

Now i don't know who would do that, but i do know why.

Cuz, they can.

RealMoneyIssues
07-28-2012, 09:27 PM
I hope to win a mug one day so I can post in here...

:(

Maybe I should post shirt pictures... I have one of those :)

nnuut
07-28-2012, 09:33 PM

Just buy one and get it over with!:laugh:

burrocrat
07-28-2012, 09:41 PM

I have a magic marker i could lend you. It worked for me.

tsptalk
07-28-2012, 09:54 PM
I just really liked the name Mug Shots for the category, but shirts will do. Go for it!

alevin
07-28-2012, 11:30 PM

I'm getting inspired to refocus on my TSP again, quit worrying so much about building up the outside small accounts. I need one of those mugs for when I hit the Oregon Trail-got to go visit family in the Rockies this fall. Took those Oregon Trail folks months to get from there to here, even with coffee. I could get from here to there a whole lot faster, if I only had a mug...refilled with coffee every couple hundred miles or so...ok, August is my chance to win one before I hit the road, gonna go for it. :)

burrocrat
07-29-2012, 06:20 AM
if I only had a mug...refilled with coffee every couple hundred miles or so...

I think that can be arranged. I'll pick up the tab for the traveller cup if you promise to post a mug shot. You're on your own for the coffee.

Warning, they're so shiny you'll probably want another one, so keep working on your august victory speach. Mine still hasn't been used as a beverage container, i keep it in the box behind the seat in case i run across a cool photo op. My goal now is to get another one for my desk at work. I may even use it to drink coffee.

burrocrat
07-29-2012, 06:37 AM

Same deal for you too RMI. pm tom your address. Better hurry though, he only checks his snail mail at the office once a week.

alevin
07-29-2012, 09:05 AM
I think that can be arranged. I'll pick up the tab for the traveller cup if you promise to post a mug shot. You're on your own for the coffee.

Warning, they're so shiny you'll probably want another one, so keep working on your august victory speach.

Well thank you bc. I will post a proper mugshot when time comes, might even post 2-3 considering the territory I'll be traveling through come September. I'll work on the prelude to the victory speech anyway, always had my eyes on the longer term annual number, time for a change of pace, focus on monthly performance and an interim goal for once.

burrocrat
08-01-2012, 07:52 PM
my mug was getting crabby, said i never take it anywhere. which isn't true because i take it everywhere. i just don't take it out of the box very often.

it's still a virgin to the coffee. which probably explains why it's so crabby, especially in the morning. thank you national park service.

nnuut
08-01-2012, 08:16 PM
my mug was getting crabby, said i never take it anywhere. which isn't true because i take it everywhere. i just don't take it out of the box very often.

it's still a virgin to the coffee. which probably explains why it's so crabby, especially in the morning. thank you national park service.
Mine is sitting on my computer desk with me right now filled with Bourbon and Coke, GOOD Muggie!:toung:

burrocrat
08-01-2012, 08:57 PM
did you know park rangers take their job very serious and can move real fast?

apparently i was in a restricted area on that first photo, i swear officer i didn't see the sign. that gal made nurse ratchet seem like a prom queen after 3 beers at the bonfire.

so when i headed for the fence i think it was just instinct for her to think i was trying to escape the prescribed boundaries. they make the posts and rails round i'm sure to discourage mug shots. and she made sure i understood the sign this time. i don't know if she was referring to us or just trying to make an example to keep the other animals bunched up. but i pay taxes so that's part my fence too honey. so long as i don't cross the line.

i tried to get her to pose for a photo, nope. and smiling was obviously out of the question at that point. too bad, she was kinda cute when she got mad.

i wish they made an nps font for the computer. i would use it all the time.

tsptalk
08-02-2012, 12:50 AM
Great shots! Thanks!

konakathy
08-04-2012, 01:00 AM
Jackasses here…jackasses there…jackasses everywhere, even on the Big Island of Hawaii.

Commonly called donkeys, asses, Jacks, Jennets and burros these beloved creatures of Hawaii Island are known as "Kona Nightingales." These donkeys earned their nickname
from their loud braying at sunrise and sunset from farm to farm. They played an important
role in island heritage, especially in the history and development of the Kona coffee industry.
Following WWII, there was a surplus of Army jeeps and gas was cheap (imagine that) so, the
donkeys became unemployed and were abandoned by farmers to the arid lava fields of West Hawaii.

Today there is an overpopulation of donkeys and due to the housing and resort development
in the Kona and Kohala regions , resources in the area (food and water for the animals) are not sustainable for the nightingales.

In search of food and water, the donkeys will feed in the backyards of residents in Waikoloa Village (where I live) the golf course and school. Besides frightening some residents, the donkeys' will sometimes run across the roadways which presents a serious danger to drivers
and donkeys alike. Hence, the yellow donkey crossing signs.

The Humane Society of Hawaii, Kona Resorts and other concerned groups have pooled together resources and volunteers to safely and humanely find housing for the animals.
Many have been relocated to different ranches on the island and to animal sanctuaries in California and Texas.

My next photo of "the mug" on 'Big Island Revealed' will be at Kona Mist Coffee Farm and Volcanoes National Park.

A hui hou !

(sorry - the font is kinda small )

burrocrat
08-04-2012, 06:41 AM
i like it!

maybe we need a new category called tsptalk road sign zoo. one time i saw one that said turtle crosssing. you won't believe how long i had to sit there. couldn't they just build them a tunnel or one of those automatic treadmills like at the airport? and don't even bother honking the horn or gunning the engine, it just confuses them and they stop and stare.

now i'm not advocating breakin out the chop saw or bribing a DOT worker, but if you can somehow get me a sign like that to hang in my garage i'll buy dinner and a movie and cover all related expenses, except for bail and attorney's fees.

Jackasses here…jackasses there…jackasses everywhere, even on the Big Island of Hawaii.

Commonly called donkeys, asses, Jacks, Jennets and burros these beloved creatures of Hawaii Island are known as "Kona Nightingales." These donkeys earned their nickname
from their loud braying at sunrise and sunset from farm to farm. They played an important
role in island heritage, especially in the history and development of the Kona coffee industry.
Following WWII, there was a surplus of Army jeeps and gas was cheap (imagine that) so, the
donkeys became unemployed and were abandoned by farmers to the arid lava fields of West Hawaii.

Today there is an overpopulation of donkeys and due to the housing and resort development
in the Kona and Kohala regions , resources in the area (food and water for the animals) are not sustainable for the nightingales.

In search of food and water, the donkeys will feed in the backyards of residents in Waikoloa Village (where I live) the golf course and school. Besides frightening some residents, the donkeys' will sometimes run across the roadways which presents a serious danger to drivers
and donkeys alike. Hence, the yellow donkey crossing signs.

The Humane Society of Hawaii, Kona Resorts and other concerned groups have pooled together resources and volunteers to safely and humanely find housing for the animals.
Many have been relocated to different ranches on the island and to animal sanctuaries in California and Texas.

My next photo of "the mug" on 'Big Island Revealed' will be at Kona Mist Coffee Farm and Volcanoes National Park.

A hui hou !

(sorry - the font is kinda small )

burrocrat
08-15-2012, 10:20 PM
only thing i like more than creeks is beavers. best of both worlds then. lots of shady spots down that road. thank dog i'm a country boy.

burrocrat
08-20-2012, 09:04 PM
way to sport the colors frixxxx!

burrocrat
09-12-2012, 10:24 PM
no, you're not seeing double, just twins, sort of.

tsptalk
09-12-2012, 11:04 PM
Nice shot!

You should probably post a link to the image in this thread when you post...

twins (http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/vbtube_show.php?tubeid=620&name=twins)

burrocrat
09-13-2012, 06:41 PM
so i was driving across the prairie and...

you guys are not gonna believe this, guess what i saw?

no bullshit, a giant freakin cow!

tsptalk
09-13-2012, 07:22 PM
Another good one! - but did you read the post above yours? :)

burrocrat
09-13-2012, 08:47 PM
Another good one! - but did you read the post above yours? :)

why no, no i didn't.

what is this reading you speak of? is that like when you sound out the letters to see what the words say?

i'm more of a visual thinker.

first it was don't post photos in threads, post them in the media area. now it's post them in the media area but link to them in the threads? i must have missed the memo, while i was busy visual thinking or something.

but you're the boss so i'll try it your way. from a phone.

burrocrat
09-13-2012, 08:51 PM
why yes, yes i do, i do take cream with my coffee, thank ya sue.

cream (http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/vbtube_show.php?tubeid=626&name=cream)

(i'm not kidding, this cow was reeeeeeaaallly big).

tsptalk
09-13-2012, 09:52 PM
Well, I don't really care, but doesn't it seem logical to link to the image if you are going to mention it here?

But from a phone? I can see that would be more of a hassle since I am still in smart phone training myself. :) (just got a android)

burrocrat
09-14-2012, 06:41 AM
more cowbelle

cowbelle (http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/vbtube_show.php?tubeid=627&name=cowbelle)

burrocrat
09-14-2012, 07:29 AM
so, about the rocks - or - tips for budding photojournalists.

on the rocks (http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/vbtube_show.php?tubeid=628&name=rocks)

you may notice there are several new dings and dents and the logo on my coffee cup is partly scraped off. there was a bit of a breeze blowing and it kept knocking the mug over while i was trying to take the picture with my phone so i filled it with the last of my drinking water. but it blew over again and all the water leaked out. i thought about refilling it with recycled coffee but the scientific genius part of my brain reminded me that the pacific gravity of pee is about the same as water and it wouldn't work much better. besides i don't mind spilling water all over myself, but used coffee is a whole 'nother story. so i filled it with rocks instead. i hope nobody pee'd on them rocks.

if you have an android phone and want to resize the pic because a website tells you it has too many bits and bytes to upload, just select it from your gallery and hit the 'more' button then 'edit' then 'crop'. not only does this drastically reduce file size, but you can also edit out innocent bystanders who wouldn't sign the model release form. however, it won't stop them from looking at you funny.

if you want to add multiple photos to a post, after you upload the first one and get to the screen where it says 'what do you want to do next' pick the button that says 'add next part'. keep doing this until you've posted all the pictures you think are enough. then do it one more time just for fun.

be careful which part of the cow you get your coffee fixins from or your brew may taste like crap. the rock flavor, on the other hand, is an aquired taste. maybe my mug is still under warranty, i'll have to check the fine print. ah hell, who am i kidding, i never read that stuff.

burrocrat
09-14-2012, 09:27 PM
i have a confession to make. i'm sorry sue. i just couldn't stop myself. i've never seen teats like that.

it's not that they were big (they were huge). they could've been full or perky or knee knockers or torpedoes or flat as a board, don't matter, it's all good.

when i saw them hanging out like that i just had to flick 'em. all four of 'em. so i did. thanks ma'am, i'll try to slow down and ask first next time.

knock knock. who's there? emerson. emerson who? emersome nice teats.

tole you i couldn't hep mysef.

alevin
09-14-2012, 11:23 PM
So, just having taken a wandering tour along the Overland, Emigrant and Oregon Trails, and in honor of Sue the big freakin cow, thought I'd post a few scenic shots of the mug that kept me company going and coming, high ground and lowground both. Caution! Western History lies ahead! Just think how much faster those pioneers could have travelled if they'd only had their coffee in a fine looking mug like burro and Tom provided for the journey.:)

burrocrat
09-15-2012, 07:06 AM
nice shots alevin, nothing beats a good old fashioned road trip for cheering the soul. that's some big country out there. out there where the only real manufacturing our nation does anymore, making beef and bread.powerful shot with the clouds on the mountain, could almost reach up and touch them. top of the world to ya.

PessOptimist
09-15-2012, 05:54 PM
Very, very, awesomely cool. Brings back memories of past road trips.

tsptalk
09-16-2012, 12:15 PM
Great shots alevin and burro! Thanks for posting them!

konakathy
09-16-2012, 04:57 PM
So, just having taken a wandering tour along the Overland, Emigrant and Oregon Trails, and in honor of Sue the big freakin cow, thought I'd post a few scenic shots of the mug that kept me company going and coming, high ground and lowground both. Caution! Western History lies ahead! Just think how much faster those pioneers could have travelled if they'd only had their coffee in a fine looking mug like burro and Tom provided for the journey.:)

Aloha, girl!

Nice pictures of your road trip. Makes me yearn for the days when I would throw all the
camping gear in the back of my Honda civic, grab the map, close my eyes, and point to
my next destination.

I went white water rafting on the Snake River in Wyoming years ago , that was fun and a little scary, but it was some beautiful country to visit. I did the same on the Rio Grande River in New Mexico, but that was tame compared to the Snake RIver.

Ahhh… I'm starting to go down memory lane with all the camping trips over the years. Lots of good times, funny tales, and once in a life time experiences. I'm going to have to plan a long trip for
next year.

Road trip camping….the only way to see America.

burrocrat
11-13-2012, 11:11 PM
hey nasa, how was the cruise? didn't see the pics until now.

nasa1974
11-14-2012, 01:32 PM
hey nasa, how was the cruise? didn't see the pics until now.

The cruise was great. The Panama Canal is amazing. A true engineering marvel. I will post some info and more pictures hopefully before Thanksgiving.

kodaq2001
11-21-2012, 04:34 PM

daily use

burrocrat
11-21-2012, 06:02 PM

daily use

i hope that's the work set up and not home, otherwise you're way overdue for some treatment.

how did you score your cup? i had to whine and beg until tom sent me one just to shut me up. it didn't work.

kodaq2001
11-28-2012, 10:41 AM
i hope that's the work set up and not home, otherwise you're way overdue for some treatment.

how did you score your cup? i had to whine and beg until tom sent me one just to shut me up. it didn't work.

haha yeah its the work setup. its a mess over here. i actually won it because i was a top 10 performer on the autotracker. i dominated last year. my alias is warren buffet jr.

tsptalk
11-28-2012, 08:44 PM
daily use
Thanks for posting it kodaq! Would you mind adding it to the Mug Shots page?

Category: TSP Talk Mug Shots - TSP Talk Forums (http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/vbtube.php?do=cat&id=13&o=0&t=tsp-talk-mug-shots&page=0)

Thanks!

whitspecial
12-05-2012, 09:38 AM
it appears that you are in 800th place this year, nice job kodaqs!

kodaq2001
12-05-2012, 09:51 AM
it appears that you are in 800th place this year, nice job kodaqs!

very funny whitspecial. i believe you are ranked 895 so please keep your negative comments to yourself ... and enjoy your coffee out of a paper cup. thanks.

burrocrat
02-02-2013, 12:15 PM
this is where proud tsptalk mug owners might want to further brag or discuss their new babies after posting a unique geographical picture in the official mugshots media page. (interstate 'welcome to' highways signs are especially noteworthy since only folks in the western or heartland states seem to have the freedom to stop along the road and snap photos). we've got UT, ID, MT, ND, MN so far now get busy you coastal denizens, are you out there?

nnuut
02-02-2013, 07:50 PM
I never go anyware execpt the grocery or Lowes, guess I could do one in the tool section.

uscfanhawaii
02-02-2013, 08:46 PM
I never go anyware execpt the grocery or Lowes, guess I could do one in the tool section.

YES!! I gotta see that! ;)

burrocrat
02-02-2013, 09:15 PM
my local grocery has a tool section too, but it's kind of small.

ILoveTDs
02-02-2013, 09:37 PM

Sorry to here that Nnuut, is their a specific reason or you just don't like to travel?

grandma
02-22-2013, 07:54 AM
...since only folks in the western or heartland states seem to have the freedom to stop along the road and snap photos). we've got UT, ID, MT, ND, MN so far now get busy you coastal denizens, are you out there?
How true! When my Ashburn son picked me up in Richmond to travel north, I knew immediately not to ask him to slow down so I could take a snap of the Manassa exit sign, much less ask him to pull over at certain places. The mug kept sliding off the dash, the one-handed shots were blurry trying to shoot thru the window, wrong camera....

nnuut
02-22-2013, 08:03 AM
Sorry to here that Nnuut, is their a specific reason or you just don't like to travel?
No, but am going to Las Vegas in April for 12 days three of which will be in The land of fruits and nuts.:D

burrocrat
03-05-2013, 06:37 PM
How true! When my Ashburn son picked me up in Richmond to travel north, I knew immediately not to ask him to slow down so I could take a snap of the Manassa exit sign, much less ask him to pull over at certain places. The mug kept sliding off the dash, the one-handed shots were blurry trying to shoot thru the window, wrong camera....

hey grandma, i just noticed your roadtrip photos, well done! you must have had a very accomodating helper. i especially like the baptist bandito one at the church.

burrocrat
03-17-2013, 09:42 AM
nice mugshot mr. bowl. how did you manage to score before you even opened an account talk thread?

i miss the trees and mountains, we may have more in common than dept or agency. one time i coasted an '80's mustang convertible down that hill back towards redding until the flats when the tranny had cooled enough to limp to a hotel on the river near aamco. first time i had jambalya, fancy place with neon lights and shrimp and stuff. i never should've been in that car, or with that girl. it's a long story.

Sensei
04-09-2013, 01:40 AM
2 more mug shots in the can. Beach again, but what are you gonna do? I live on an island. :D:cool:

tsptalk
04-09-2013, 08:27 AM
Nice! Spring break? Does that mean it has beer in it? :)Spring Break! (http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/vbtube_show.php?tubeid=1765&name=spring-break)

MrBowl
04-09-2013, 12:45 PM
nice mugshot mr. bowl. how did you manage to score before you even opened an account talk thread?

i miss the trees and mountains, we may have more in common than dept or agency. one time i coasted an '80's mustang convertible down that hill back towards redding until the flats when the tranny had cooled enough to limp to a hotel on the river near aamco. first time i had jambalya, fancy place with neon lights and shrimp and stuff. i never should've been in that car, or with that girl. it's a long story.

Sorry I did not answer sooner, Burro. I only now saw the post. I've been on TSPTalk since the beginning of 2010, but did not have much to say until recently. It's more like I wasn't too confident that the things I thought would hold water. I'm a bit of a gambler and I usually go "all in" or "all out" while applying the lessons I've learned here.

Interesting about your visit to Redding. If it was between mid June and mid Sept then it doesn't matter what car you had. I've seen 119 degrees here twice in the 10 years I've lived here, and 113+ is fairly common. Yet, its a pretty place with lots of trees due to the 30-40 inches of rain that falls in the winter months.

RealMoneyIssues
06-07-2013, 10:52 AM
A quick mug shot after some pool time in Tampa before I head to the airport...

Sunny, sunny, sunny... :D

burrocrat
06-08-2013, 09:59 AM
nice mug shots grandma, i hope your trip is going well, safe travels.

on a side note, i think maybe you're holding the phone upside down or else doing some magic stand on your head yoga crap while snapping photos just to show off.

on the bright side, after all that straining to focus, my neck hasn't felt this limber and relaxed in years.

burrocrat
06-08-2013, 10:05 AM
c'mon rmi, after all the irs scandals ain't no way you was working tdy in florida at a hotel with a pool. we all know you was on a/l at a nudist convention and when you dropped trou they cleared the decks.

nothing but stones and crickets chirping in that mugshot. where's all the discarded bikinis?

grandma
06-11-2013, 09:45 PM
nice mug shots grandma, i hope your trip is going well, safe travels.
on a side note, i think maybe you're holding the phone upside down or else doing some magic stand on your head yoga crap while snapping photos just to show off.
on the bright side, after all that straining to focus, my neck hasn't felt this limber and relaxed in years.
Okay , burrocrat, I will see if I can correctly follow the directions you gave me for entering the mug shots. Is there a way to correct these two? I can't do rotate on this iPad, and I am still out on these Texas roads .... Or, they should have been sized down?

RealMoneyIssues
06-11-2013, 10:00 PM
c'mon rmi, after all the irs scandals ain't no way you was working tdy in florida at a hotel with a pool. we all know you was on a/l at a nudist convention and when you dropped trou they cleared the decks.

nothing but stones and crickets chirping in that mugshot. where's all the discarded bikinis?

It was during the day because I got done early... all that happens at night and the dang cell phone doesn't take good night pictures... sorry Burro...

nnuut
06-11-2013, 10:07 PM
Okay , burrocrat, I will see if I can correctly follow the directions you gave me for entering the mug shots. Is there a way to correct these two? I can't do rotate on this iPad, and I am still out on these Texas roads .... Or, they should have been sized down?

I can't rotate them maybe Tom can?

tsptalk
06-12-2013, 12:53 PM
I'm not home right now. I'll try to remember to do that later today.

burrocrat
06-14-2013, 06:26 PM
a new tsptalk mug showed up in my post office box as if by magic so i did what any self-respecting muggie would do and took it on a road trip.

burrocrat
06-14-2013, 06:38 PM
oh yeah, i almost forgot.

wheeeee! wheee wheee wheeeeeeee!

burrocrat
06-14-2013, 09:35 PM
i'm having technical dificulties viewing the mugshots in the media area. i can see the thumbnails and first line of text but when i click the link or pic i get the screen where you can comment but the image area says my device does not support adobe flash player. i could see just phine on my old phone but apparently the new jelly bean android software dropped adobe because of something called html5 instead.

i think the 'slide view' feature where it rotates between multiple photos in a post is the adobe flash part. to see adobe flash on my phone i have to first install an old firefox browser and then download a nongoogle adobe app. and i don't want to do that because it might look to nsa and doj that i'm trying to hide something they can't already see with a blanket continuous google everybody search warrant and i don't need the extra attention.

is there a way to make your media area html5 compliant tom? and where is that techno genius rmi when i need him?

tsptalk
06-14-2013, 09:55 PM
I'll have to check on that. The Media area is a 3rd party software and I'll have to see if they have made any upgrades.

Now, get off the phone and watch the road. :)

burrocrat
06-14-2013, 10:00 PM
nic one, po. don't let the naysayers fool you, that mug is microwave safe, i tried it.

http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/vbtube_show.php?tubeid=2132&name=new-mug-home

RealMoneyIssues
06-14-2013, 10:11 PM
i'm having technical dificulties viewing the mugshots in the media area. i can see the thumbnails and first line of text but when i click the link or pic i get the screen where you can comment but the image area says my device does not support adobe flash player. i could see just phine on my old phone but apparently the new jelly bean android software dropped adobe because of something called html5 instead.

i think the 'slide view' feature where it rotates between multiple photos in a post is the adobe flash part. to see adobe flash on my phone i have to first install an old firefox browser and then download a nongoogle adobe app. and i don't want to do that because it might look to nsa and doj that i'm trying to hide something they can't already see with a blanket continuous google everybody search warrant and i don't need the extra attention.

is there a way to make your media area html5 compliant tom? and where is that techno genius rmi when i need him?

Sorry, can't help. I still have a stupid phone...

PessOptimist
06-14-2013, 10:33 PM
nic one, po. don't let the naysayers fool you, that mug is microwave safe, i tried it.

New mug is home (http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/vbtube_show.php?tubeid=2132&name=new-mug-home)

see travel mugs thread

burrocrat
06-14-2013, 10:37 PM
http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/vbtube_show.php?tubeid=2133&name=family

i'd like to introduce my family, of tsp talk mugs.

i call the shiny one pops since he's my oldest mug. he mostly just sits on the shelf along with other momentos of good times. still unsullied by the worldly liquid contaminents. i'd like to use it someday but have yet to find a latte worthy of the occassion.

the blue one's name is sue, after the world's largest holstien cow. she took quite a tumble onto the rocks in the wind that day hence the dents and dings. and she's my daily drinker so the logo is a bit faded. but she's going to be my dedicated car cup now, doesn't seem to mind getting tossed in the back and if i get pulled over blends in nicely with the bud light cans under the seat.

the newest one is microwave safe and fits the off white color scheme at the office so it's going to be my work mug. i haven't named it yet but i'm thinking maybe grunt or mushroom.

konakathy
06-15-2013, 12:08 AM
Lol! You need to move this to the PUI thread!

nebermind, it's Aloha Friday ... Pau Hana . I'll just move over there.

burrocrat
06-15-2013, 12:30 AM
Lol! You need to move this to the PUI thread!

nebermind, it's Aloha Friday ... Pau Hana . I'll just move over there.

hey now, nobody said the cans were empty.

burrocrat
06-15-2013, 12:40 AM
http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/vbtube_show.php?tubeid=2134&name=yeeehaaaw

when i first saw it from a distance i thought it was some wild cowboy and donkeys pulling the cart, but it's really just teddy roosevelt on a stick.

burrocrat
06-15-2013, 09:52 AM
sure, sue has plenty of miles on her and looks a little worse for the wear, but i still think she's a cute little bird.

http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/vbtube_show.php?tubeid=2135&name=cute_little_bird

burrocrat
06-15-2013, 10:20 AM
i think there are only a few hundred people in the world that have two good reasons to drive down this road. that's ok because for the rest of us one good reason to drive down this road is more than enough.

that stretch of road is a vortex, you can almost hear the air humming alive sometimes as you pass through. vwooomf. like a light saber, only more powerful.

so we're at the fish one and i say to my kid 'that's odd, who would ever think you would find all these fish out here with no water for miles?' and he says 'what are you talking about dad? it's a sea. a sea of grass.'

vwooomf.

he's right of course, it just takes a certain eye to see. the wind blows it in waves far out to the horizon.

http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/vbtube_show.php?tubeid=2136&name=fish_on

burrocrat
06-15-2013, 11:36 AM
i've often wondered what draws folks to make giant things and what it is they are trying to say. i think maybe it is because the environment is big and unforgiving and us tiny humans can only take so much before we break and just have to shake our fists at the sky.

plague and pestilence? again? really lord? i got your freakin' gwasshoppas right here!

http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/vbtube_show.php?tubeid=2137&name=gwasshoppa

burrocrat
06-15-2013, 11:52 AM
oh, deer.

where does the buck stop?

the buck never stops.

out here it runs foa evah.

http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/vbtube_show.php?tubeid=2138&name=oh_deer

burrocrat
06-15-2013, 12:21 PM
http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/vbtube_show.php?tubeid=2140&name=goose_what_i_saw

you'll never goose what i saw... the world's largest scrap metal sculpture.

no excuse now folks, this one is right off the interstate. if you can't spare 5 minutes out of your daily hustle and bustle then i got nothing for ya. and if you don't feel the magic pulling you south maybe your existensial ears are deaf and you should consider getting your button down no time for that nonsense i'm always in control head checked.

seriously folks, wherever you are, if you can't spare a couple of hours to just let life happen then we are all way worse off than i thought. take the time, go for a drive, talk to a stranger, make a new friend. some folks pour their heart and soul into it. it's a life's work.

recognize it when you see it.

word.

tsptalk
06-15-2013, 09:29 PM
I'll have to check on that. The Media area is a 3rd party software and I'll have to see if they have made any upgrades.

Now, get off the phone and watch the road. :)
change player to html5 player (http://www.vbtube.com/help-vbtubepro-vbulletin-4/4473-change-player-html5-player.html#post21284)

burrocrat
06-17-2013, 06:43 AM
change player to html5 player (http://www.vbtube.com/help-vbtubepro-vbulletin-4/4473-change-player-html5-player.html#post21284)

the way i understand it, my phone is taking pictures in .jpg format, and i can see photos and videos just fine in regular threads. i can even see the thumbnails and part of text of posts next to each photo. but when i click on an image or the text then i get passed to the flash player which is not viewable on newer android devices.

i understand why the player is needed for music videos or a post that contains multiple pictures as the media package you are using auto rotates theough them every few seconds, but the player function is uneccessary for just a single picture, although it seems to be part of the territory for any media viewed in the media player portion of the website.

it's not an issue for my pictures so much, because i have them on my phone and can enjoy them in all their 3mb glory. but i'm not able to zoom/pan and fully appreciate the art others upload to the media area to give them the respect they truly deserve. but i can see them just fine when they post them anywhere else in a thread other than the media area.

does anybody else with an android running the jelly bean version of the operating system have this problem too? anyone? anyone?

burrocrat
06-17-2013, 08:48 PM
nice shots grandma! i especially like the sign one and the fence rail was a neat touch. and i didn't have crane my neck so it looks like you got that part figured out.

and thanks for the feedback on the flash player issue, it looks like newer androids and apple products can't do the adobe thing without unlock/pirate modifications to os and software. i'm glad it wasn't just me.

what's a grandma doing with an ipad anyway? there's not even any real buttons on those things. you go girl.

rcknfrewld
06-17-2013, 09:05 PM
you guys keep getting your rings the Yankee and Heat way...i will earn my championships the old fashioned way, through hard work...the principled way, the right way, you know who you are...Burro...

burrocrat
06-17-2013, 09:14 PM
you guys keep getting your rings the Yankee and Heat way...i will earn my championships the old fashioned way, through hard work...the principled way, the right way, you know who you are...Burro...

yeah, that's a goal of mine too. i even keep entering these stupid golf tournaments and football pools, but i suck at golf and always pick the steelers so go figure. meanwhile, i'll keep enjoying both coffee and road trips with my muggies, it's a small price to pay.

do the disposable foam or paper cups still leave a bad taste in the mouth? i can't remember anymore.

burrocrat
06-17-2013, 09:17 PM
...Burro...

my friends call me burro. feel free.

rcknfrewld
06-17-2013, 09:38 PM
there needs to be a study done on people's user names...ones that use CAPS and those who don't...would shed a light into our psyches...our chosen one can name a psyche czar who could oversee vital studies like these

burrocrat
06-18-2013, 07:44 AM
huh? that's crazy.

burrocrat
06-19-2013, 08:04 AM
http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/vbtube_show.php?tubeid=2159&name=heading-washington-dc

nice mugshot atc, good luck in wdc.

remember, if the congressional inquiry questions get too hard you can just plead the 5th and get reassigned to a position of greater pay but less responsibility. and they'll let you take your mug with you.

burrocrat
06-21-2013, 09:32 AM
http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/vbtube_show.php?tubeid=2175&name=j-o-b

nice mug po, how's it holding up to your micrwovable frugality regimen? and how did you score a workstation with a dedicated phone? and why isn't it red? how are you supposed to invite batman over for coffee with that setup?

PessOptimist
06-22-2013, 02:31 PM
J.O.B. (http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/vbtube_show.php?tubeid=2175&name=j-o-b)

nice mug po, how's it holding up to your micrwovable frugality regimen? and how did you score a workstation with a dedicated phone? and why isn't it red? how are you supposed to invite batman over for coffee with that setup?

So far so good. They are pretty tough too. Been dropped a few times. When I first got it I didn't notice those helical groovy things around the top inside. I managed to snap it on and thought "nice tight fit". I had a real hard time popping it off at refill time. Close examination under bright light revealed the problem. The abuse didn't seem to hurt it.

No one ever accused me of being the sharpest bulb in the drawer.

Look closely and you will see two telephones. One of my duties is phone person. The phones are for technical research and quality control purposes only. The phones do not come in red and painting one would be defacing govt property which is frowned upon by some looking for reasons to streamline the organization.

Batman is too busy to ever venture outside the beltway.

PO

burrocrat
06-26-2013, 08:56 PM
you son of a beach atcjeff. i looked up smyrna beach on the interweb and it said '77 things to do in smyrna beach'...

http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/vbtube_show.php?tubeid=2202&name=new-smyrna-beach-fl

that sucks, my town has 3 things to do and i've only done one of them. boy, did her husband sure get mad.

grandma
07-01-2013, 07:10 PM
ATCJeff - your recent mug shot at Atlanta is neat ...
-gold mug advertising gold to be found in managing TSP funds over here at TSPtalk..?
:D

RealMoneyIssues
07-04-2013, 09:52 PM
Spent the day at Lake Gaston in NC, lounging, enjoying the weather and jet skiing...

I hope everyone had a great 4th of July!!

nnuut
07-05-2013, 06:49 PM
I've had a problem with my MUG leaking down on my Goatee part of my Van Dyke beard due to wear on the sealing rings of the top. I thought I could put an O-ring on it and fix the problem but didn't have the right size, so I tried rubber bands. Two 1/4" rubber bands fixed the problem and now I can drink with pleasure and do not have liquid running down my neck.
http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/vbtube_show.php?tubeid=2243&name=mug-leak-fix

burrocrat
07-14-2013, 09:39 PM
tatanka (http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/vbtube_show.php?tubeid=2287&name=tatanka)

James48843
07-20-2013, 03:53 PM
CROSSING "ABBEY ROAD" in London:

(Yes, that is the exact original crossing on Abbey Road....- but my camera skills suck.)

James48843
07-20-2013, 03:55 PM
In Trafalga Square:

tsptalk
07-20-2013, 11:41 PM
Way cool James! Thanks for posting. If you have a minute to post them in the Mug Shot area, that would be great!

http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/vbtube_add.php?do=addphoto

It also looks like you need an upgraded mug. As an ex-mod, you get the free upgrade. :) (PM me your info if you'd like a new one.)

burrocrat
07-21-2013, 07:16 AM
nice jim, i think those might be the first international mugshots! nasa took his on a cruise, but i don't recall any 'welcome to belize' photos.

do they have any 'world's largest ...' there? what about big ben, or maybe a 'welcome to london' sign?

that model mug was always my favorite. even though i never owned one like it, that was the design i based my practice mugs on.

nnuut
07-21-2013, 08:44 AM
nice jim, i think those might be the first international mugshots! nasa took his on a cruise, but i don't recall any 'welcome to belize' photos.

do they have any 'world's largest ...' there? what about big ben, or maybe a 'welcome to london' sign?

that model mug was always my favorite. even though i never owned one like it, that was the design i based my practice mugs on.
James is a World Traveler and has posted pictures of many of his travels.

burrocrat
07-21-2013, 09:53 AM
ok, so tallying up the mugshots by category from memory i come up with:

interstate roadsigns: UT, ID, MT, ND, and MN. (of course the mugs have appeared in more photos in many more states, but not with corresponding roadsigns).

tsp zoo: cow, horse, donkey, buffalo, humans, fish, grasshoppers, geese, deer, pheasants, a finch or whatever grandma saw on the boardwalk in texas, and mike's stuffed bear. did i miss any? oh, and i think somebody had a cat in the background once too.

countries: zero with a mug and a sign, but US, UK, and Japan with at minimum a mug and a verifiable geographic feature.

what else we got? i'm still a little dissappointed we don't have more state signs, but i'm working on that part.

James48843
07-21-2013, 12:34 PM
By request of Burro:

Big Ben:

Hey- my camera skills are not good- and the Iphone 4S viewer is hard to see in daylight.

James48843
07-21-2013, 12:40 PM
The "London Eye"

From the ground:

And looking out of the Eye:

burrocrat
07-21-2013, 02:08 PM
sweet. i was a little dissapointed when wikipedia said big ben is not the largest clock in the world, but the third largest ferris wheel ain't bad (and still the tallest in the western hemisphere).

are you having much difficulty with the language barrier over there, or is it like most foriegn countries where a few hand gestures and money seem to get your point across just fine?

since you're taking requests, how about a shot with the new little royal? or maybe some of the night life in soho?

James48843
07-26-2013, 04:53 AM

tsptalk
07-26-2013, 08:42 AM
Wow! Great stuff, Jim!

tsptalk
09-11-2013, 06:22 PM
Attention Travel Mug (or T-shirt, etc.) Winners!

I know Stonehenge and Abby Road are tough acts to follow, but there's a lot more places in the U.S. that need to be represented. :)

Category: TSP Talk Mug Shots - TSP Talk Forums (http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/vbtube.php?do=cat&id=13&o=0&t=tsp-talk-mug-shots&page=0)

burrocrat
09-19-2013, 06:42 PM
sandy (http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/vbtube_show.php?tubeid=2617&name=sandy)

the world's largest sandhill crane.

burrocrat
09-19-2013, 08:55 PM
the wood chipper (http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/vbtube_show.php?tubeid=2618&name=wood-chipper)

a lot can happen in the middle of nowhere, don'tcha know.

(i highly recommend any coen brothers production)

burrocrat
10-25-2013, 09:02 PM
new sticker old mug (http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/vbtube_show.php?tubeid=2803&name=new-sticker-old-mug)

the logo got worn off my blue tsptalk mug so i added a sticker tom sent me.

burrocrat
11-27-2013, 07:10 AM
new mugshot posted by mr. bowl, it's a small world after all.

The Happiest Place on Earth (http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/vbtube_show.php?tubeid=2948&name=happiest-place-earth)

konakathy
11-30-2013, 04:07 PM
I posted a few shots I took today with my phone. I'm not sure how to link them to this thread.

I'll post the Amazon shots when I get home.

http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/vbtube.php?do=search&mstr=Peru+2013

James48843
11-30-2013, 05:56 PM
Korea

Traveling the world with TSPTALK (http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/vbtube_show.php?tubeid=2939&name=traveling-world-tsptalk)

konakathy
11-30-2013, 07:47 PM
Peru

Peru 2013 Bolivar Square-Lima

nnuut
11-30-2013, 08:31 PM
Peru

Peru 2013 Bolivar Square-Lima
Neat Pics KK, you're going all in para-sailing and everything. Have a good time girl.:toung:

tsptalk
12-03-2013, 10:35 AM
I posted a few shots I took today with my phone. I'm not sure how to link them to this thread.

I'll post the Amazon shots when I get home.

http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/vbtube.php?do=search&mstr=Peru+2013
Great shots, KK! Thanks for sharing!

burrocrat
12-03-2013, 01:40 PM
clear. thanks tom, i was starting to get all sweaty and shaking. at first i thought it was just the chili or snow shoveling.

konakathy
12-03-2013, 08:01 PM
I still here in Peru. What an amazing trip this has been so far. I'm up in the Andes now and will be here until Sunday. I feel like I've been gone for a year. I WANT MY BED!!!!

Yesterday we arrived in Cusco, or was it two days ago? Ai yi yi!!! The days are all running together. Whatever. Im having such an adventure.

The first two nights were in Urubamba , the Sacred Valley. I went on a river raft float trip down the Urubamba River. Went to a hosted home lunch to experience the local chains if the mountain people. Their diet is vegetarian and on special occasions they have Coy ( guinea pig.) I helped catch the coy, skin, marinate and eat it. I did not kill or gut the little guy. I was going to, but instead, let the the hostess do the honors.

We also went to the Sun Temple, an Inca site, hiked up 250 freakin' stone steps. By the time we got up there I was ready to volunteer myself as a sacrifice to the gods. Dang! That was tough at that altitude. 8000- 9000ft maybe.

Today, we went in a 3 hr. tour of Machu Picchu. Absolutely, unbeeeeeeleivable!!!! Tomorrow, we go back up to Machu Picchu and hike up to the Sun Gate, 3 mile round trip little jaunt. I just hope it's not raining like today.

I've been in the jungle, desert and mountains of Peru. I've ridden on planes, boats, rafts, creakedy old wooden buses and a rickety-rack train. I've been on a canopy walk above the trees of the Peruvian jungle, danced in a ceremony with the Yagus natives...I've done so much more I can't even begin to post it all.

I am so blessed to have had this opportunity to explore Peru. I encourage everyone, if you can, to take a trip over here and find the magic.

here is one pic of the mugster at 11,000 ft. I'll have more to share when I get home.

buenous natchos

** wifi is sporadic at best. the chingadera's are taking too long to upload. maybe, mañana !

burrocrat
12-04-2013, 11:09 AM
nice, 4 continents crossed of the list now: north america, south america, europe, and asia.

do any tsp'rs have plans to visit africa, australia, or antartica any time soon? i'll pay for your mug.

i would like see uluru, and olivia newton john, before i pass but i can't afford either at this point.

burrocrat
12-14-2013, 11:42 AM
new mugshot:

hoe and bible (http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/vbtube_show.php?tubeid=3043&name=hoe-bible)

i got this tsptalk mug for winning a jobs number guess but missed the unemployment guess, but tom let me uprgrade to the new stainless one, for some consideration. this is my fourth mug and i also have four sock monkeys courtesy of dreamboatannie and i planned to take a big ole family reunion photo, but the dogs already ate one of my monkeys at thanksgiving and i've given two of the others away already. plus i can't find one of the mugs at the moment.

so anyways, i call this one hoe and bible. it's a scrap metal sculpture and i tried to ask the artist/recycler about it down at the community center/bar, but he don't talk much. unless you buy him a couple of beers, then he won't shut up. but he still won't say anything about this one.

i think it's supposed to be a tribute to a farm maven, the strong woman who sacrifices and cultivates the land for her family and holds fast to the work and her faith. but i'm not sure because this guy cheated on his wife and left her and the kids destitute. maybe that's why he spends most of his time in the shop welding stuff when he's not at the community center. life is strange.

now i've met some ho's, and read some bibles, but i've never met a ho that clings to the bible. so this is a unique piece. fortunately the temperatures are up into the positive single digits during the day and the wind is down, so things are all right. or at least better in everybody's world around here. that elevator in the background holds a lot of wheat, which is used to make bread, which you can eventually buy at the grocery store with the swipe of a card.

god works in mysterious ways.

konakathy
12-19-2013, 11:07 PM
A few random shots I took at my condo tonight. The animals love the mug.

I'm still organizing my Peru pics to post. Too many great shots, hard to narrow them down.

Maybe, I'll find time this Sunday. What a dummy I was going back to work at the start of the busiest week at the PO. :suspicious:

Over and Under the Rainbow (http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/vbtube.php?do=search&mstr=Over+and+Under+the+Rainbow)

Over and Under the Rainbow
Over and Under the Rainbow

konakathy
01-12-2014, 04:13 PM
It's been 4 weeks since I've been home from my adventure in Peru, and after much harassment from my friends and family, I finally arranged my photos.

This set of photos was taken in the Peruvian rainforest on The Amazon Canopy Walkway we did one morning. The Canopy Walkway is a great way to experience the rainforest. At a height of over 115 feet and extending for over 1/3 of a mile, the Canopy Walk provides a view of the rainforest from the treetops, giving you an unique perception of the wildlife and vegetation. Not to mention the hebe-jebe's if you're afraid of heights and the unsteady swaying of the suspension bridge.... I thought it was a blast and walked it twice.:D The suspended walkway is spread between 14 of the area's largest rainforest trees and is one of the longest canopy walkways in the world.

Amazon Canopy Walkway - Peru Amazon Canopy Walkway (http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/vbtube.php?do=search&mstr=Amazon+Canopy+Walkway+-+Peru+Amazon+Canopy+Walkway)

konakathy
01-12-2014, 04:50 PM
The second set of photos are various shots of the modes of transport from the city of Iquitos to the jungle. You can only get to Iquitos by plane, and then a boat ride up the Amazon River to the villages.

Supplies are sent to the villages and lodges once a week, or you can pack up the babies and grab the old ladies, head down the tributary to the Amazon and make it a family outing.

The 3rd set of pics are of Machu Picchu...what can I say other than it was AMAZING and you should put it on your bucket list.

Machu Picchu (http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/vbtube.php?do=search&mstr=Machu+Picchu+Machu+Picchu)

Enjoy

Aloha - Kathy

tsptalk
01-14-2014, 09:58 AM
Great pictures, Kathy! Thanks so much for sharing, and for the Mug Shots! Looks like it was a very exciting trip.

burrocrat
02-05-2014, 08:36 PM
hey, rmi posted some cool new mugshots. great national service and history stuff. check it out.

you carry that mug with you wherever and talk to it, hug it, throw it, trade it, whatever you have to do rmi, but you come back home, and you come back to us, you hear?

RealMoneyIssues
02-05-2014, 08:56 PM
hey, rmi posted some cool new mugshots. great national service and history stuff. check it out.

you carry that mug with you wherever and talk to it, hug it, throw it, trade it, whatever you have to do rmi, but you come back home, and you come back to us, you hear?

Thanks... I will put some very brown pictures up next time since, well, its all brown around there... I was scoping out the area in Google Earth and its... brown... sad :(

Frixxxx
02-12-2014, 12:48 PM
Joint Services Mug Shot up!

nnuut
02-12-2014, 01:00 PM
Joint Services Mug Shot up!Cool, Who's kaki jacket is that in the back ground?:laugh:

RealMoneyIssues
02-12-2014, 01:04 PM
Cool, Who's kaki jacket is that in the back ground?:laugh:

Mine, Frixxxx had a black jacket and it didn't work (too dark)... We were in front of a window and it was too bright... khaki worked out juuuust right :)

Frixxxx
02-12-2014, 01:07 PM
Mine, Frixxxx had a black jacket and it didn't work (too dark)... We were in front of a window and it was too bright... khaki worked out juuuust right :)

Yeah, funny thing, the Navy guy wore a khaki jacket and the Air Force guy wore a Navy-style Pea Coat, oh the irony!

nnuut
02-12-2014, 01:11 PM
Yeah, funny thing, the Navy guy wore a khaki jacket and the Air Force guy wore a Navy-style Pea Coat, oh the irony! Dress codes have gone to hell.:toung:

RealMoneyIssues
02-12-2014, 01:14 PM
Dress codes have gone to hell.:toung:

I'm on leave and he is a civilian... give us a break

nnuut
02-12-2014, 01:34 PM
Yeah, funny thing, the Navy guy wore a khaki jacket and the Air Force guy wore a Navy-style Pea Coat, oh the irony!
Hey I have a Pea-Coat, one of the old ones wore it today they really keeps you warm.

Frixxxx
02-12-2014, 01:36 PM
Hey I have a Pea-Coat, one of the old ones wore it today they really keeps you warm.
Good thing, apparently you're getting some of the white stuff down there (supposedly)!

nnuut
02-12-2014, 01:47 PM
Good thing, apparently you're getting some of the white stuff down there (supposedly)! It's 33 degrees here and just raining for now, temperature will drop this afternoon and freezing rain snow mix will take over possibly a half inch, lows around 29, high tomorrow 45, THEY SAY! BURRR! 27169

burrocrat
02-22-2014, 11:48 AM
Alright Burro, how do I gets ur well deserved hat to you:mad::(

lombardi cap (http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/vbtube_show.php?tubeid=3316&name=lombardi-cap)

ok i got my free cap today. actually i probably got it weeks ago, but i've been getting busy since then. thanks pennywizer. and thanks for the free pens too tsptalk. the only thing better than a free hat is free tsptalk shwag with it.

burrocrat
03-21-2014, 11:12 PM
free mug up for grabs!

check it out, a long time ago i bought a tsptalk mug for my friend rmi. and he's done won one now in the jobs report thread. and he is paying me back now and giving it back to me.

and i already have almost every current production tsptalk mug in my collection, so i'm offering to gift it to the first one who promises to post a mugshot with it in the, uhh, duhh, mugshot media area.

first one to claim it wins a free mug.

ready? set? go!

jpcavin
03-22-2014, 12:00 AM
I'll bite

burrocrat
03-22-2014, 12:08 AM
I'll bite

no doubt.

winner winner cougar dinner.

pm tsptalk to claim your prize.

tsptalk
08-02-2014, 07:30 PM
Shoot! I just spent 10 days in New York and forgot to bring a Mug. Beach, bays, boats, NYC... nothing. :rolleyes:

Handballer
08-03-2014, 12:06 AM
Spent six hours in Wasilla, AK today. Missed Sarah Palin. What a wonderful woman.

PessOptimist
08-03-2014, 12:33 AM
Could you see Russia from Wasilla? I couldn't when last there and residents were not helpful.

Travel mugs are being determined for the upcoming trip and TSP mug is not included. I am negotiating.

Handballer
08-03-2014, 01:12 AM
No I could not. Sarah Palin never said she could either.;):mad: You would not want to get the fight'en side of her.

burrocrat
08-03-2014, 08:23 AM
Travel mugs are being determined for the upcoming trip and TSP mug is not included. I am negotiating.

you dognam well better take that tsptalk travel mug mister! or else i will drive down there and negotiate for ya. trust me, nobody wants to see that happen. if you stuff it full of socks and pack it in next to your underwear it hardly takes up any room in the duffle bag.

burrocrat
08-07-2014, 06:36 AM
thanks rmi, for the mugshots on the ghwb cvn77. and thanks to all souls aboard contributing to the mission, that's freedom at work. nice.

GHWB Plaque (http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/vbtube_show.php?tubeid=4045&name=ghwb-plaque)

Sensei
08-07-2014, 07:02 AM
I tend to miss all the mug shots, unless someone points it out here in the forum thread. I wonder if there is a way to sync them up to the forum...

Frixxxx
08-07-2014, 08:39 AM
I tend to miss all the mug shots, unless someone points it out here in the forum thread. I wonder if there is a way to sync them up to the forum...

Actually, there is a link on the home site called "Mug Shots.":cool:

nnuut
08-07-2014, 08:43 AM
Actually, there is a link on the home site called "Mug Shots.":cool:
And look under "Media" at the top of the page.:rolleyes:

tsptalk
08-07-2014, 09:43 AM
I put one under the "More" tab too, in case folks don't know what Media is for.

I also added a link to burro's 1st post in this thread. http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/tsp-talk-mug-shots/12236-tsp-talk-mug-shots.html#post367249

PessOptimist
08-07-2014, 03:47 PM
OK Burro, there's number one. I had to stand in the rain to take it freezing to death at 72 degrees. How did I ever used to live here?

PO

PessOptimist
08-27-2014, 07:53 PM
More mug shot posted.

tsptalk
08-27-2014, 08:03 PM
Thanks!

burrocrat
09-06-2014, 08:41 AM
there are some way cool new mugshots in the media area. lot's of folks funnin' and sunnin'.

pessoptimist i think holds the record for the longest vacation.

dba and raven got got the first twofer i think.

i wish people would take more mugshots with interstate highway 'welcome to ...' signs, those are my favorite. i'm boring, i never go anywhere.

tsptalk
09-06-2014, 10:11 AM
Cool shots, folks! Thanks for sharing!

i wish people would take more mugshots with interstate highway 'welcome to ...' signs, those are my favorite. i'm boring, i never go anywhere.
I went into Wyoming last weekend, had a mug in the trunk, and forgot to take the shot. (embarrassed)

burrocrat
09-06-2014, 10:27 AM
I went into Wyoming last weekend, had a mug in the trunk, and forgot to take the shot. (embarrassed)

ahhh, the run up the canyon to evanston for something other than warm 3.2% beer after the stores are closed or on sunday? been there done that. that is an awesome 3 lanes plus shoulders racetrack on the way back down.

nnuut
09-06-2014, 11:08 AM
Yep I remembered my MUG when I got home from the Beau Rivage in Biloxi, A senior Moment?:confused:

tsptalk
09-06-2014, 12:11 PM
ahhh, the run up the canyon to evanston for something other than warm 3.2% beer after the stores are closed or on sunday? been there done that. that is an awesome 3 lanes plus shoulders racetrack on the way back down.
Well, I did stop there to load up on the way up to a cabin in the mountains. And maybe for a couple of items on the way back, but that's it officer. :)

Frixxxx
09-08-2014, 07:24 AM
Yep I remembered my MUG when I got home from the Beau Rivage in Biloxi, A senior Moment?:confused:

Wow, would love to have seen pics after Katrina.

burrocrat
12-12-2014, 10:27 PM
http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/vbtube_show.php?tubeid=4700&name=ho-ho-ho-merry-christmas

'tis the season and i happened to be out and about, but i didn't think to take my shiny stainless trophy mug with me (it's on a shelf in my man cave with both my other trophies i've gotten in life) nor my traveler tumbler (it's at work) because i have already taken mugshots at every attraction between here and there already.

but i did have my trusty first tsptalk mug ever, my old beater daily drinker commute setup with me. the logo has long since wore off, but a while back tom sent me a weber state wildcats sticker (because in addition to collecting tsptalk branded gear i also collect stickers).

anyways, i thought it was a cool metal statue installation and a perfect shot considering the day's agenda so i couldn't pass it up.

grandma
05-29-2015, 12:54 PM
My new mug came today..its picture is posted 'somewhere.' My many thanks for it, and I will carry it with me so as soon as I go someplace besides the refrigerator, I will get a snappy shot.. Like the rest of you !!

tsptalk
05-29-2015, 01:06 PM
My new mug came today..its picture is posted 'somewhere.' My many thanks for it, and I will carry it with me so as soon as I go someplace besides the refrigerator, I will get a snappy shot.. Like the rest of you !!

http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/vbtube_show.php?tubeid=5644

tsptalk
05-31-2016, 01:23 PM
New Mugshots added...

http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/vbtube_show.php?tubeid=6567

http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/vbtube_show.php?tubeid=6568

FogSailing
05-31-2016, 10:39 PM
Those are some pretty good looking mugs Tom :D:D:D

FS

RealMoneyIssues
07-05-2019, 01:41 PM
No, it's not photoshopped... promise

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190705/53220207e1aec5f46ca02e0a091ccf4c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

RealMoneyIssues
07-05-2019, 06:53 PM
Crazy Horse day...https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190705/ecb5da39f1dc3db064f8e43fa2a86121.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk