PDA

View Full Version : TSP as part of your total portfolio allocation - Asset class %

gae
02-26-2005, 11:26 AM
Is there a easy place to find the TSP funds breakdown by Asset Class to determine total portfolio asset class mixture ?

tsptalk
02-26-2005, 12:28 PM
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. I don't know if this helps, but here is a list ofthe companiesin the S&P 500 (C fund)? ...

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/cp?s=%5EGSPC

02-26-2005, 12:48 PM
That is in the fact sheets at the TSP site.

Would be a great starting point.

Rolo
02-26-2005, 01:45 PM
Welcome, gae!

Using Quicken?

I just have C Fund = large cap, S = small cap, I = International, F = domestic bonds, G = cash.

gae
02-26-2005, 03:13 PM
Yes I am using Quicken.

I attemped to find the asset allocation mix thru Yahoo but no luck. The TSP web site does not seem to be much help either

It seems The S-fund dosen't exactly fit the Small Cap catagory

The F-Fund has a % of foregin Government not sure of exact ammount

tsptalk
02-26-2005, 04:02 PM
gae wrote:
It seems The S-fund dosen't exactly fit the Small Cap catagory
It's actually a small and mid-cap index (Wilshire 4500). It, combined with the S&P 500, make up the the more known Wilshire 5000 which is pretty much a total market index. If you own the C and S funds you own a piece of about all US stocks.

rokid
02-26-2005, 05:21 PM
Gae,

The TSP funds cover the basic asset allocations:

G Fund - cash

F Fund - Lehman U.S. aggregate bond index

C Fund - S&P 500 large Caps (50% value, 50% growth)

S Fund - small caps (Wilshire Completion Index), and as Tom stated, together in the correct proportion, the C/S Funds equal the total market

I Fund - large cap foreign (Europe and Pacific)

It would be nice to have a REIT fund,an emerging market fund, and perhaps some style funds or a foreign bond fund.However, TSP provides the most used tools to create a broadly diversified portfolio.