PDA

View Full Version : What's new, Tom

eukrate
02-15-2005, 10:57 AM
Hi Tom
Just checking in. Looks like some of the old familiars are gone mlk. mT, ... banned by you perhaps? Hope the board is running smoothly. Looking it over just now it seems rather light-weight- lots of chit chat and anti-various posters, but not too much serious analysis. I'll keep an eye on it and post again if it looks worthwhile (some decent analyses getting done over at nofee). BTW I'm looking into F now, prospects are better than I. Best of luck to you..

Wheels
02-15-2005, 11:39 AM
Hey Eukrate,

Good to hear from you again. Care to expound on your "F" thinking. The concensus on this board is that the F fund is a dog because we are in a "rising interest rate environment". I really wasn't on board with that line of thinking until the 10 yr note yield recently dropped to under 4.00%. At that point I thought there just wasn't any room for the F to eke out any gains. Of course I've been wrong a lot this year.

Dave

eukrate
02-16-2005, 08:21 AM
Hi wheels. Yes I should have been clearer. I'm thinking 'F' is good for a mid-period play, say 6-8 weeks. Definitely not day to day or long term (6 months). Reason is inflationary pressure on intermediate bonds, 7-10 yrs, has been relieved recently and the fear is lessened. This should drive rates down. Presently I'm 50% F and remainder in G, but I don'r reallocate all that frequently - usually hold a position for several weeks.

Any of the old folks still around? I don't see much on this board in the way of serious market analysis, but I've not been around recently (some of the postings were getting rather beligerant, but perhaps that's stopped).

tsptalk
02-16-2005, 08:40 AM
Hi eukrate -
There have beensome good threads here lately but you have to weed through some of the bull that has been going on.Hopefully things have cleared up some now.

Contributors welcome.:) I have lightened up significantly on stocks as you may have seen. What say you? Why no stocks?

eukrate
02-16-2005, 09:37 AM
Remember that risk study I posted a while back? Right now it's showing a risk/gain value of 0.8 - i.e. sp500 is 4 times more likely to drop than rise, over the short term. I'll get back in ( with allocations something like C 67% S 33%) in a month or so. EAFE is looking too risky for me (the stocks themselves, not the dollar).

Is MT gone? I enjoyed his zestful commentaries.

Rolo
02-16-2005, 09:46 AM
eukrate wrote:
Remember that risk study I posted a while back?
Canya link to it? My search dinna find it.

eukrate wrote:

Me too.

His market commentaries were good also. :)

tsptalk
02-16-2005, 11:17 AM
eukrate wrote:

Yeah, he started posting under multiple names whichis a big no no on message boards,and was in bashing wars with about a half dozen folks. I enjoyed his market commentary very much even though he has been bearish since he started posting in late summer. I gave himway too many chances to lighten up on the constant crap, name calling and the "I told you", "who said it first?" etc. People were complaining and leaving the board.I was tired of baby sitting and going over every post to see if I had take out any offensive comments.

Thanks for your opinion on the markets.

Show-me
02-16-2005, 11:29 AM
Unfortunate but necessary. I liked his comments too but extra to read when he would rant and try to POUND his point/opinion into everyone.

02-16-2005, 12:17 PM
tsptalk wrote:
eukrate wrote:

Yeah, he started posting under multiple names whichis a big no no on message boards,and was in bashing wars with about a half dozen folks. I enjoyed his market commentary very much even though he has been bearish since he started posting in late summer. I gave himway too many chances to lighten up on the constant crap, name calling and the "I told you", "who said it first?" etc. People were complaining and leaving the board.I was tired of baby sitting and going over every post to see if I had take out any offensive comments.

Thanks for your opinion on the markets.
"Zestful" huh? *LOL* Even though I agreed with most of his comments, he didn't take the smallest criticism or disagreement very well. Rather thanfurther elaborating his position, he tended togetEXTREMELY nastyin response (which I thought was unprofessional and rather childish.) Add megalomaniato the mix, and the consequences were far from surprising....However, I wouldn't besurprised if he resurfaces again under a different pseudonym. *LOL*

Rolo
02-16-2005, 12:34 PM
saraho wrote:
However, I wouldn't besurprised if he resurfaces again under a different pseudonym. *LOL*

And maybe a new avatar! http://theory.creatingthefuture.org/images/chickenlittle.gif

And who knows...someday he may turn around...

http://tonova.typepad.com/thesuddencurve/chicken_little_40.jpg

Mike
02-17-2005, 02:59 AM
saraho wrote:

Add megalomania

"Megalomaniac" by Incubus - good song... thought of it every time MT posted. :l

TEUFEL HUNDEN
02-17-2005, 10:57 AM
Rolo you are truly a riot

That is good clean fun

To bad MT could lighten up a little he was the opposing force the checks and balances the ying yang or is it yin and yang

Rolo
02-17-2005, 11:42 AM
TEUFEL HUNDEN wrote:
...MT ... was ... ying yang or is it yin and yang

ROFL!