PDA

View Full Version : changing address while active duty

joshua082390
04-11-2012, 11:54 PM
hi. I am in the navy active duty and I accessed my TSP about a year ago for the first time online and since then i have moved and i have no idea what my user id is. The forgot user id page doesnt help either because it says i need to "
Ask your agency or service to update your address or use your agency's or service's electronic system, if required." which makes no sense to me at all. I told the people at personnel about this and they had no idea what it was referring to either. How exactly do i go about changing the address?

domingo3
04-12-2012, 09:29 AM
Joshua,

Too bad your people at personnel don't know. You can update your TSP address on MyPay (mypay.dfas.mil).

Expect it to take a while to get access to the TSP system. If you don't remember your TSP account number, you have to ask for that, then wait for it to come in the mail. Then, once you have your TSP account number, you can ask for a TSP Pin to get sent to you in the mail.

Good luck.

RealMoneyIssues
04-12-2012, 10:53 AM
Great advice Domingo, thanks for getting back to Joshua !!

LoDown
04-12-2012, 05:22 PM
It's a terrible process. Update in MyPay, then request your account number, they'll "mail" it to you. Once you get that, from the website, request a new "web code", and PIN. It took me requesting the web code 4 times to actually receive it.

To access your account via the web, you need your account number, and Web Code.
To access your account via the phone, you need your account number, and PIN.

joshua082390
04-14-2012, 10:44 AM
ok thanks alot. the people at personnel told me it was the same address as DEERS, but i guess its not. Ill try what you guys are saying

RealMoneyIssues
04-14-2012, 01:03 PM
ok thanks alot. the people at personnel told me it was the same address as DEERS, but i guess its not. Ill try what you guys are saying

They should be, but the DOD isn't that smart...