PDA

View Full Version : Interfund Transfer 2/10 for 2/11/05

tsptalk
02-10-2005, 10:18 AM
I'm using today's strength to lighten up a little more on my stock holding. Before the deadline today I will make an interfund transfer to 75% G, 25% C fund. This will be effective Friday 2/11/05.

tsptalk
02-10-2005, 10:26 AM
The "strength" is quickly disappearing. This noon ET deadline really makes things tough. I would probably not make this move if we drop hard today but if we stay up to flat I would. Of course we won't know what happens for over 4 hours.

Spaf
02-10-2005, 11:03 AM
Tom...What are u looking at when you refer to "strength"? Got a new chart or web site?

tsptalk
02-10-2005, 11:32 AM
I am just referring to themarket beingup today.

tennisguy
02-10-2005, 03:26 PM
Looks like the market finished in the green today. Tom did you move G75 C 25 or did you stay the same.

tsptalk
02-10-2005, 04:39 PM
I made the move.

cowboy
02-10-2005, 04:54 PM
Cool! Now watch me get bucked off cause the bronc ate steroids!

ou81200
02-11-2005, 06:08 PM
Tom---

Don't feel too bad. Yesterday, I was 50% C, 25 S & 25 I. But I put in For 100% G that was effective today. Looks like I misseda big gain today.

I did pretty good for the week though.

02-11-2005, 07:56 PM
Has Tom been out today?

GGal
02-16-2005, 08:36 PM
Hello, I am new here and hope to learn a lot. The first thing I noticed is that you (administrator) move money between funds a lot. I had been led to believe that we were better off to pick our allocations and leave them pretty much that way for the long haul to get better overall results. Obviously, you disagree - can you tell me why?

Thanks

Jan

tsptalk
02-16-2005, 08:52 PM
GeorgiaGal wrote:
The first thing I noticed is that you (administrator) move money between funds a lot. I had been led to believe that we were better off to pick our allocations and leave them pretty much that way for the long haul to get better overall results. Obviously, you disagree - can you tell me why?
Welcome Jan -
Obviously this is a very common question and it has been addresses several times on the board but I'll give it to you in a nutshell.

Buy and hold is not a bad strategy. Diversifying is not a bad strategy. Moving your money around is a tough strategy but done right can be worth the trouble. From 2000-2002 the markets dropped dramatically. Sitting by and watching that was too painful for me. I watch the charts and indicators to try to tell meif it is best to be in stocks, or to be out of stocks. Of course we can't always be right, but if you can avoid some of the downside action of a bear market and get in when things start to look better, you can increase your returns.

During bear markets the G and F funds are obiously better places to put your money. The C, S and I funds are the place to be during bull markets. If you can just lose a little less during bears and make all or most of the gains during a bull you are ahead of the game. If you can make intelligent decision on when it is best to be in which funds, don't you think it would be wise to do so? We think, over the long term, we can.

Thanks for joining us.
Tom

vectorman
02-16-2005, 09:21 PM
Evening Tom, look forward to your comments tomorrow. Still protecting most of my gains from 04: got caught in some of that whipsaw action like you. I been following closely to see where the best place to re-enter 100% in the market. Question- Since you run this site and many watch your actions: does it ever get stressful for you being on the sidelines and watching the market slowly go up? Or having done this for awhile, youhave developed that special patience needed to wait forthat next pull back.Thanks.

tsptalk
02-16-2005, 11:39 PM
vectorman wrote:
does it ever get stressful for you being on the sidelines and watching the market slowly go up? Or having done this for awhile, youhave developed that special patience needed to wait forthat next pull back.Thanks.
Thanks for asking v-man. It's more frustrating than stressful. The stress comes when members are losing money because I'm in stocks when it goes down.

I also get a little stressed finding enough time to update the site and getting the comments done everynight.After working all day at my day job,wrapping up the evening at my art gallery, taking my son to ourlocal college basketball team's games (we have season tickets), getting homework done etc.,I usually just want to go to bed. But when everyone's asleep, that's when I have to start my research and update the market comments. :zz

02-17-2005, 05:27 AM
tsptalk wrote:
vectorman wrote:
does it ever get stressful for you being on the sidelines and watching the market slowly go up? Or having done this for awhile, youhave developed that special patience needed to wait forthat next pull back.Thanks.
Thanks for asking v-man. It's more frustrating than stressful. The stress comes when members are losing money because I'm in stocks when it goes down.

I also get a little stressed finding enough time to update the site and getting the comments done everynight.After working all day at my day job,wrapping up the evening at my art gallery, taking my son to ourlocal college basketball team's games (we have season tickets), getting homework done etc.,I usually just want to go to bed. But when everyone's asleep, that's when I have to start my research and update the market comments. :zz
Hey Tom! Try to learn from the government. Contract out.... ;) Maybe Rolo could run the site for you while you're at the basketball game... Of course, there's no telling what would be left. *LOL*

Rolo
02-17-2005, 11:34 AM
saraho wrote:
Maybe Rolo could run the site for you while you're at the basketball game... Of course, there's no telling what would be left. *LOL*

LOL! Yes. Total. Chaos.

lsitter
02-17-2005, 11:45 AM
Vectorman, just curious: Are you a controller?

vectorman
02-17-2005, 12:15 PM
Yes, 3 1/2 yrs Air Force, 15 yrs FAA.

Rolo
02-17-2005, 12:37 PM
vectorman wrote:
Yes, 3 1/2 yrs Air Force
3-1/2? Odd #...What'd ya do? heh

Wheels
02-17-2005, 12:40 PM
vectorman - what facility?

how bout you Isitter?

I'm zbw

Dave

Spaf
02-17-2005, 12:59 PM
Wheels wrote:
vectorman - what facility? how bout you Isitter? I'm zbw Dave

You guys controllers? So is/was Tekno. Am I the only pilot? [lonely]
http://www.smileys.ws/sm/customed/00000011.gif

Where is zbw Dave?

vectorman
02-17-2005, 01:03 PM
Rolo wrote:
vectorman wrote:
Yes, 3 1/2 yrs Air Force
3-1/2? Odd #...What'd ya do? heh

Total Air Force time 7 1/2 yrs. 3 yrs minuteman missile tech, why notMinot, cross trained into ATC, booted out 6 months early during the early out program. Started at MOT, now at TRI.:cool:

Wheels
02-17-2005, 03:59 PM
Where is zbw Dave?
It's called Boston Center but it's actually Nashua NH.

Dave

Ragin Cajun
02-17-2005, 04:15 PM
ZFW (Fort Worth Center) for me.

Rajun Cajun

lsitter
02-18-2005, 10:17 AM
vectorman wrote:
Started at MOT, now at TRI.:cool:

Tri Cities! I'm right by ya, so to speak. Indy Center here, 18 years.

vectorman
02-18-2005, 10:22 AM
lsitter wrote:
vectorman wrote:
Started at MOT, now at TRI.:cool:

Tri Cities! I'm right by ya, so to speak. Indy Center here, 18 years.

I just met one of your own (Steve LOZ sector) at a Natca class in DC, last week.

lsitter
02-18-2005, 10:26 AM
vectorman wrote:
I just met one of your own (Steve LOZ sector) at a Natca class in DC, last week.

Big blonde guy? If so, he's a good guy. I work the airspace up north, near CMH, PKB, and CVG.

vectorman
02-18-2005, 10:37 AM
lsitter wrote:
vectorman wrote:

Big blonde guy? If so, he's a good guy. I work the airspace up north, near CMH, PKB, and CVG.

No, Steve McKe...

TEUFEL HUNDEN
02-18-2005, 02:47 PM
Sounds like a cool job.

I'm an in-flight missile repairman. Life expectancy is kinda short though.:s

Tom, have you put any thought into the I Fund? I look at your allocations and it seems you like the C Fund the most. What is your opinion of the I Fund, and do you think that you will be transfering into it?

tsptalk
02-18-2005, 07:19 PM
TEUFEL HUNDEN wrote:
Tom, have you put any thought into the I Fund? I look at your allocations and it seems you like the C Fund the most. What is your opinion of the I Fund, and do you think that you will be transfering into it?

It sure is strong but I will stay in the G fund until the overbought conditions play out. If the dollar is still acting as if it wants to drop, I will definitely get in the I fund when I go back to stock funds.

TEUFEL HUNDEN
02-22-2005, 10:54 AM
Seems to be dropping. I went 100% I (fingers crossed)

http://quotes.ino.com/chart/?s=NYBOT_DXY0&v=d3

ou81200
02-22-2005, 11:43 AM
I got burnt last Friday with 100% F fund. I put in today for 100% I fund.

Looks like the market is taking a big hit today.