PDA

View Full Version : TSP Advisory

nutcase
02-08-2005, 02:52 PM
Does anyone have experience, good or bad, with tspadvisory.com? They use models based on economic and market data to advise allocations in several portfolios and provide the advise to members for a fee.

Rolo
02-08-2005, 06:32 PM
Sic'em, Sarah! :D

02-09-2005, 10:54 AM
Rolo wrote:

Sic'em, Sarah! :D

Oh Rolo, you're such a clown. (I saw your picture) ;)

I have no knowledge of tspadvisory. This is the first time that I ever heard of this site. I looked at it yesterday and was pleased by what I saw.

First of all, unlike pilot, this org never contacted me by govt email...a definite plus.

Second, they don't appear to make bogus claims, and what's more, they actually offer a sort of guarantee to provide a moderate return or your money back. They also offer different portfolios...from very risky to very conservative..another good idea.

Third, unlike pilot, your subscription is not interminable. It must be renewed.

The only problem that I found was that they will only will tell you how they performed in 2003. No mention is made of 2004, that I can see.

Rolo
02-09-2005, 11:09 AM
hehe

Whyontchoo ask'em, Sarah?

02-09-2005, 11:16 AM
Rolo wrote:
hehe

Whyontchoo ask'em, Sarah?

As I said, they offer many types of portfolios andthe answer would be complex..so...

Whyontchoo ask yourfather, MT,to help YOU ask'em?:i

You two seem to have developed such a rapport. :l

nutcase
02-09-2005, 11:31 AM
I did ask them and they replied that the 2004 data would be on the web site within two weeks.

Rolo
02-09-2005, 11:34 AM
hahahaha Sarah. That is really funny considering that I have no relationship with my parents, so YEAH! that fits! bahahaha

[line]

Right on, nutcase!

Mike
02-09-2005, 11:41 AM
I'll pay a fee for investment advice when hell freezes over.

02-09-2005, 11:50 AM
Mike wrote:
I'll pay a fee for investment advice when hell freezes over.

You'll pay for it one way or another. ;)

Mike
02-09-2005, 11:54 AM
I prefer the covert paid advice that losing money provides.

I like this quote (somewhat paraphrased): "Why do you continue to struggle?" "I choose to." :D

02-09-2005, 12:00 PM
Mike wrote:
I prefer the covert paid advice that losing money provides.

I like this quote (somewhat paraphrased): "Why do you continue to struggle?" "I choose to." :D

Remember also that, whenever you purchase a mutual fund, you may be charged three sets of fees. Fees to enter the fund. Fees to close the fund. And fees for maintaining the fund. The "Front End" and "Rear End" loads are well known and people often try to avoid them.

"No Load" mutual funds arecherished, sometimes to the detriment of the return. However, many investors don't realize that there are HIDDEN fees in the day to day operations of the "no load" fund. (gee, I almost sound like MT here...*giggling*)

You can see the info regarding these hiddenfees in the prospectus.

Mike
02-09-2005, 12:04 PM
Yes, front end, back end, 12-1b fees, management fees, and then there's the fee incurred by all investors of the fund due to percentage of turnover (shares bought / sold)...

Follow the white rabbit indeed.

Rolo
02-09-2005, 12:19 PM
saraho wrote:
"Rear End" loads are well known and people often try to avoid them.

Ummm...heh...yeah.....I would avoid those, too, get all over my shoe.

They are Back End loads.

Also, there are Redemption Fees.

We agree, though, the thing that matters most is the Total Return.

Mike
02-09-2005, 12:23 PM
I hate it when people don't pick up their dogs' rear end loads. It's really inconsiderate, and it has a societal cost to it. :l

Oh yeah - big rear end loads can be quite painful. :shock:

02-09-2005, 07:40 PM
Yes, sorry, I meant Back End Load. I guess I was thinking that you're high tailing it out of the fund. :l

Rolo
02-09-2005, 07:54 PM
huh? you're thinking of my tail? wha?

Mike
02-09-2005, 08:56 PM
I'm usually thinking of tail. :l

Rolo
02-10-2005, 01:32 PM
Mike wrote:
I'm usually thinking of tail. :l
Not mine, I hope. :shock:

Mike