PDA

View Full Version : New to TSP, TSPTalk, gov work, & pretty much everything

seven
03-04-2012, 12:15 AM
I'm coming up on my first anniversary as a fed worker. I'm maxing out my TSP into the L2030 fund at the moment as sort of a "set it & forget it" investment. But, I'll probably start reallocating & moving things around some soon as I learn more.

I also have a traditional IRA with Fidelity that I'm planning to either rollover into my TSP or to Vanguard (leaning toward the latter at the moment.)

I welcome any & all comments & suggestions.

OnTarget
03-04-2012, 03:14 AM
Seven,

Welcome aboard. Good call on maxing out your TSP contributions. There is a lot to learn around here (at TSP Talk), so take your time and stick with it.

OnTarget

Show-me
03-04-2012, 06:50 AM
I'm coming up on my first anniversary as a fed worker. I'm maxing out my TSP into the L2030 fund at the moment as sort of a "set it & forget it" investment. But, I'll probably start reallocating & moving things around some soon as I learn more.

I also have a traditional IRA with Fidelity that I'm planning to either rollover into my TSP or to Vanguard (leaning toward the latter at the moment.)

I welcome any & all comments & suggestions.

You don't need any help, you're on the right track maxing out you TSP. Welcome to the message board.

RealMoneyIssues
03-04-2012, 07:16 AM
Welcome Seven.

Tons to learn here. Congrats on maxing out contributions !! I am definately not there yet but hope to in the next few years.

Good Luck !!

nnuut
03-04-2012, 07:39 AM
Welcome to the Message Baord seven.
Best of luck with your investments.
:DNorman

tsptalk
03-04-2012, 11:14 PM
Welcome seven!

MrJohnRoss
03-05-2012, 09:50 AM
Welcome & good luck with your investments Seven!

John