PDA

View Full Version : Setting Up Quicken for TSP

genegraham
02-04-2005, 12:22 PM
Hi...I'm new to the forum so be gentle :)

I've read several posts relating to the Quicken updater that one of our intrepid TPSers has generously provided. It looks like a wonderful tool, but my question is more basic than updating...

How do you set up Quicken to track TSP using the updater? Is it a 401K? An IRA? What flavor of IRA? Simple? Traditional?

If some patient member could help me through the initial setup process I would be very grateful! Then I'll be able to use the updater and become truly dangerous.

Gene

02-04-2005, 09:48 PM
Welcome genegraham, I see no one's answered you yet .. the board is all a buzz.. these days, it would seem. I don't have or use Quicken myself but I know it was discussed here before. I did a search for you on this board and am attaching one link I found but there are many more. Just type in Quicken in the 'Search Box' and you'll get more info. Good luck W_W

http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/view_topic.php?id=1049&forum_id=35&highlight=Quick en

genegraham
02-04-2005, 09:53 PM
Thanks for the help Wonderwoman, but...I've seen that particular thread. All they're really discussing (it seems to me) is methods for importing share prices intoa TSP account thats already set up.

I'm really looking for help of the most basic kind...how does one set up a TSP account in Quicken? Once I'm over that hurdle, I'll put the information in that other thread to good use.

Thanks for helping! :)

Gene

Timer
02-04-2005, 11:05 PM
genegraham wrote:
...how does one set up a TSP account in Quicken? Once I'm over that hurdle, I'll put the information in that other thread to good use.
Gene, maybe we can figure it out togeather :*:*. I intend to buy Quicken soon.

Rolo
02-09-2005, 01:17 PM
genegraham wrote:
How do you set up Quicken to track TSP using the updater? Is it a 401K? An IRA? What flavor of IRA? Simple? Traditional?

Welcome, Gene!

I just saw this in catching up on the board. I set my TSP up as a 401(k)/403(b) sinceit is the latter.

Were you able to get it set up?

genegraham
02-09-2005, 09:32 PM
Thanks for the help Rolo...I tried initially to set it up as an IRA, but it didn't take me long to recognize it wasn't going to work the way I wanted it to. So...I ripped it all out and started from scratch as a 401(k)/403(b). It seems to work just fine.

So, thanks to everybody for the help...any other tips about day-to-day maintenance would be great too!

Gene