PDA

View Full Version : NewsFeeder

tsptalk
02-15-2012, 12:20 PM
As you may have noticed, I am playing with a news feeder that makes automated news posts. I will be tweaking the settings as I figure out exacly how it works.

Sorry if it screws anything up, but I'm working on it.

nasa1974
02-15-2012, 12:22 PM
I was ready to ask who this guy was. A new member jumps out with 17 posts out of nowhere. Whew!!!

nnuut
02-15-2012, 12:38 PM
Glad I looked here, I thought it was spam and almost deleted them! It appears to have gone wild?

MrJohnRoss
02-15-2012, 12:57 PM
IMHO, it clogs up the "Latest Posts" window. Perhaps you can do a "Daily" or "Twice Daily" post with multiple news links emebedded in it.

Scout333
02-15-2012, 01:12 PM
Or a "Newsfeeder" Blog?? Then it wouldn't go into "Latest Posts" window?

JTH
02-15-2012, 01:37 PM
I vote to ban newsfeeder, put his azz in the shredder, he's post-whorin :)

tsptalk
02-15-2012, 01:55 PM
Boy, NewsFeeder hasn't complained once, and he likes you guys. Fine way to treat a new member. :D

I moved the feeds into sub-forums under News and World Affairs. (News and World Affairs (http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/news-world-affairs/))

And, I excluded the posts from the Latest Posts list.

Now, NewsFeeder and I are going to lunch, thank you very much. :)

MrJohnRoss
02-15-2012, 01:57 PM
Boy, NewsFeeder hasn't complained once, and he likes you guys. Fine way to treat a new member. :D

I moved the feeds into sub-forums under News and World Affairs. (News and World Affairs (http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/news-world-affairs/))

And, I excluded the posts from the Latest Posts list.

Now, NewsFeeder and I are going to lunch, thank you very much. :)

Thanks Tom! You da man! :laugh:

nasa1974
02-15-2012, 02:03 PM
Something pops out of the norm and people take notice. :D

Show-me
02-16-2012, 06:55 AM
Feedback: I like seeing some of the headlines, sport I give less than a rats butt about, but it screws with the flow of the message board in a couple of way. 1. New Post show all news feeds and you have to manually filter out the news feeds. 2. Today's Post shows all news feeds, same issue. 3. Mobile APP shows all post and news feeds and that is the a really, really annoying one because of the limitations of the Mobile APP. I would prefer to not have news feeds on the Mobile app so that I can get to the "meat" of the message board which is individual posts. The news feeds over runs and overwhelm the pages of post which you can overcome on-line by just using the "forum" tab and go to first new post.

Bquat
02-16-2012, 07:02 AM
Feedback: I like seeing some of the headlines, sport I give less than a rats butt about, but it screws with the flow of the message board in a couple of way. 1. New Post show all news feeds and you have to manually filter out the news feeds. 2. Today's Post shows all news feeds, same issue. 3. Mobile APP shows all post and news feeds and that is the a really, really annoying one because of the limitations of the Mobile APP. I would prefer to not have news feeds on the Mobile app so that I can get to the "meat" of the message board which is individual posts. The news feeds over runs and overwhelm the pages of post which you can overcome on-line by just using the "forum" tab and go to first new post.Ditto. I think we could brouse for the news if we wanted it and sports has nothing to do with finance. Is somebody getting kickback to spam us?:D

nasa1974
02-16-2012, 07:08 AM
Do you think we can keep the NewsFeeder off the Today's Top Poster(s) area? Or maybe make it the top 5.

nnuut
02-16-2012, 08:40 AM
Or put it only on the side bar on the right?