PDA

View Full Version : Reducing the deficit

PessOptimist
01-30-2012, 09:17 PM
I haven't complained about anything on this thread for a while. It's about time.

Today we were informed that our safety incentive program has been changed to save money. Last year and for many years previous, if we managed to go ten years without a reportable accident (OSHA rule reportable) we received three days "safety award leave". Starting immediately, we can only have two days.

Based on the average pay of those in my pay plan, it occurs to me that if the feds would can one GS-15 working in the DC area, they could pay about 350 of us this extra day's pay. If the 15 retired under CSRS and got 75% of base, the savings would still pay for about 100 safety days off.

Based on even the (IMHO) least productive employee here, I'll bet you could find a few 15s or SES types who do less.

I said my piece. We will of course accept this quietly. The alternative would be write ups for cluttered desks, vehicles etc. and eventual dismissal.

And we can be proud that we are reducing the cash flow problems of the US government.

PO

RealMoneyIssues
01-30-2012, 09:25 PM
We have a few here...

http://www.runemasterstudios.com/graemlins/images/soapbox.gif

Mapper
01-31-2012, 08:27 AM
The lesson of "penny wise pound foolish" doesn't apply when all that's important is perception.

PessOptimist
01-31-2012, 07:48 PM
Yeah, I know, perception. We are all doing our part. Some of us are doing others parts? I just feel better now that I whined a little.

PO