PDA

View Full Version : Hello Peeps

moeniogt
01-27-2012, 09:35 PM
Hi peeps, I am a 35 yr old....just started my job in Aerospace 3yrs ago, didn't even know what TSP was. I just started getting smart about my retirement and stocks. I am frankly mad I didnt start as soon as I started the job. Seems like everyone at work is too laidback about their TSP account, and didn't know how to answer my questions or mentor me (either that or they have secret strategies that they just don't share). I have decided to become proactive and actively manage my account to get as much as I can out of it. I think I am at a good stage where I can be aggressive in my investments and later when I get closer to retiring I can adjust to be being more conservative. I have a couple of ideas and hope to bounce off you guys to see if they make sense, and learn from your experience.....I am very excited about this. Anyways, just introducing myself. Thanks for letting me join!

RealMoneyIssues
01-27-2012, 09:58 PM
Welcome aboard !!!

Glad you started taking charge. There is a ton to learn here and I look forward to hearing your ideas.

Have a great week-end!

http://www.runemasterstudios.com/graemlins/images/welcome.gif

Show-me
01-28-2012, 07:07 AM
Welcome and great to have you here.

MrJohnRoss
01-28-2012, 07:44 AM
Welcome to the forum! There is a lot of good information here. At first it may seem like you're drinking from a fire hose, but after a while you'll start understanding more and more. I'm confident that you'll become a better investor as a result of learning from all the good people here.

Good luck with your investments! :)

John

Sensei
01-28-2012, 08:05 AM
Hi peeps, I am a 35 yr old....just started my job in Aerospace 3yrs ago, didn't even know what TSP was. I just started getting smart about my retirement and stocks. I am frankly mad I didnt start as soon as I started the job...

Except for the aerospace part, that's an exact description of my situation at this time last year! I didn't make much money last year, but learned a lot from my elders. Maybe you can make both happen. Good to have you aboard.

nnuut
01-28-2012, 08:53 AM
Welcome to the board moeniogt, 35 isn't too old to start you have plenty of time. This is the place to learn and help you have a great retirement.
Best of luck,
Norman

Appatite
01-28-2012, 08:59 AM
I believe that their secret strategy is to buy and hold G Fund

tsptalk
01-28-2012, 09:30 AM
Hi moeniogt! Welcome.

moeniogt
01-28-2012, 03:16 PM
lol...believe it or not...thats what most have told me...."just buy into the G fund and forget about it, or just do the L30".....so now...im a little heavy on G fund

nnuut
01-28-2012, 07:58 PM
You need to read alot more my friend.

ILoveTDs
01-28-2012, 08:02 PM
Welcome aboard moe, get ready for a bumpy ride

nasa1974
01-30-2012, 06:36 AM
moenioqt, welcome aboard. From some of your other posts it sounds like you are getting the hang of it. Like nnuut said read, read and read more. This is a great place to learn and you have plenty of time to increase your retirement. Good luck.

moeniogt
02-01-2012, 08:37 AM
moenioqt, welcome aboard. From some of your other posts it sounds like you are getting the hang of it. Like nnuut said read, read and read more. This is a great place to learn and you have plenty of time to increase your retirement. Good luck.Thanks, for some reason I feel I am in a crunch to get this thing (TSP) cranking money out asap..... this forum is absolutely awesome!

moeniogt
02-01-2012, 08:39 AM
Welcome aboard moe, get ready for a bumpy rideThanks...your profile pic is hilarious...I just thought it was a penguin, I just took a close look and busted out laughing