PDA

View Full Version : Interfund Transfer 1/24 for 1/25/05

tsptalk
01-23-2005, 11:10 PM
I am going to abondon the I fund for nowwhile the dollar is showing strength. I will initiate an interfund transfer Monday morning which will be effective Tuesday 1/25.

My new allocation will be50% C fund, 50% S fund.

01-24-2005, 05:10 AM
I agree with Tom that the I fund will be challenged over the next few weeks, and also moved allmonies out of that fund last week when the dollar clearly began rallying out of a cup and handle formation. However, based both on history and the current economic situation, I don't share his bullish optimism for the near term (I sincerely wish I did.) While we might see a rally this week, the likelihood is that the month of January will end down..and that is a very bearish indicator for the entire year. Over the past 53 years, we've had 19 down Januarys....13 of whichresulted indown years. Also, most down Januarys are followed by down Februarys, which is generally one of the worst months of the year anyway (second only to Sept). So, I'm keeping most funds in the G, which should benefit from rising interest rates. I'm keeping some fundsin C at this point because we are seemingly so over-sold (the last 3 weeks have all been down) that a bounce might be in the cards before we return to the bear side. As we approach the end of February, I'll consider moving more into equities.

tsptalk
01-24-2005, 09:22 AM
saraho wrote:
I'm keeping some fundsin C at this point because we are seemingly so over-sold (the last 3 weeks have all been down) that a bounce might be in the cards before we return to the bear side.
That's pretty much what I'm saying. :) You just used the "B" word where I use the "C" word (consolidation).

01-25-2005, 10:47 AM
As expected, we seem today to beexperiencing that long-overdue, anticipated bounce in the market.Notice that, even though this is stillJanuary, the small caps continue tounderperform. The C fund is leading the "bounce" today, as anticipated. Further,the dollarcontinues its upward move, bearing downon the performance of the I fund.

Citizen
01-25-2005, 11:47 AM
I'd be hard pressed to think that it won't all go away tomorrow, though. Hooray for today (so far.):)

JT124
01-25-2005, 05:58 PM
OK.........I have been working for DOJ for 11 years and have been in TSP since 1994. I currently contribute the max of 15%. I thoroughly enjoy keeping track of the market by way of your website. For now, I have decided to follow your allocation contributions (currently 50C and 50S). Where should I keep the balance of my shares..........in other words, should I be making Interfund Transfers regularly. Where do you keep yours? Are they all in one fund or spread among different ones.

ROOKIE:#

01-25-2005, 06:58 PM
Counted your chickens a'fore they was hatched? Nice bounce, but I personally would of liked one a bit bigger.

Remember, the S fund leads the way, the C follows. Not to say the C fund won't outperform the S, but where the S goes, the C follows.

I think we still have about 15-16 cents to lose in the S, then we'll go back up. Probably will be next week. As long as the Sunni's aren't sitting on that nuke of course.

tsptalk
01-25-2005, 06:58 PM
Welcome JT124!
All of my allocation changes I talk about are interfund transfers, not contribution allocation changes. So my entire balance is current split 50% C, 50% S.

Hope that helps.Thanks for joining us!
Tom