PDA

View Full Version : Amerisave mortgage broker question

clester
12-19-2011, 01:41 PM
Amerisave advertises on this site as well as many others. I was wondering if anyone hase used them and have an opinion. Their rates are better than most but what about the actual cost bottom line compared to others.

Anyone?

Jackbnimble
12-20-2011, 01:55 PM
I signed up with them a few years back when I was looking at buying a house. The online rates did look good, but after gathering all of my data, the initial rate offer came in higher than what they had online. It was a half a percentage point higher. I asked the representative about it and he said he couldn't do anything about it. I ended up refinancing with a local credit union. It seemed to me to be false advertising.
Hopefully your experience will be better.

Buffalo_Nickle
12-20-2011, 02:08 PM
Amerisave advertises on this site as well as many others. I was wondering if anyone hase used them and have an opinion. Their rates are better than most but what about the actual cost bottom line compared to others.

Anyone?

Never dealed with them. However, in your area ORNL is real competitive, and I can vouch for that.

ALgator
10-01-2012, 02:31 PM
I am refinancing with them right now after applying last week. The guy I am working with has been helpful so far. Also made inquiries before deciding with other online options as well, some even blasted Amerisave telling me I better watch out. I was bombared with calls and it was like dealing with a bunch of used car salesmen. Amerisave has been very professional and had the best rates. I went with their 25 year for 3.25%. Only gonna save me about $40 per month but over $60k in interest over life of loan. Anything is better than nothing.

RealMoneyIssues
10-01-2012, 02:40 PM
I am refinancing with them right now after applying last week. The guy I am working with has been helpful so far. Also made inquiries before deciding with other online options as well, some even blasted Amerisave telling me I better watch out. I was bombared with calls and it was like dealing with a bunch of used car salesmen. Amerisave has been very professional and had the best rates. I went with their 25 year for 3.25%. Only gonna save me about $40 per month but over $60k in interest over life of loan. Anything is better than nothing.

I am refi my VA loan at 3.5% fixed for 30 years with no closing costs and only the VA funding fee added to the balance; um, but not with Amerisave...